Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 11:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to all of this "Bitcoin"  (Read 607 times)
Darkrevenge7 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:33:48 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 07:52:51 PM by Darkrevenge7

Hello fellow bitcoin miners, traders, and other stuff you are doing with this digital coin!

I just started today with the whole coin thing and just started mining my first coins (AMD Radeon 7750 HD Series).
I am still after reading some FAQ's confused on how this all works. A friend of mine helped me setup this whole mining thing and I am a bit worried that it is going to break my GPU (Heard it with the whole ESEA scandal)
Anyway. Is mining coins bad for your CPU or other parts of my PC? If so I am going to wait a bit untill I have a new build and then I am going to mine the fuck with my old PC  Grin .
And can one of you guys maybe explain very simple how mining in a pool works. I understand the whole mining on its own basis with the block and the math algorithms but I dont understand the pool basis.

If one of you guys can help it would be very kind.

Darkasantion

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:47:21 PM

I think it's your GPU who's mining not your CPU. GPU are much better at is, due to their design and lay-out.
Also mining won't damage your hardware if you cool it decently and as you're also gaming you won't really shorten it's life expentancy by much Smiley
Farmercoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:51:42 PM

Mine scrypt coins with you gpu, bitcoin is not even close to profitable with gpu's
jimmyjimmy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:37:24 AM

Mining with a CPU gives you very bad hashrate   Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: