Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Proposal] Bitcoin as a Sponsor for our School's Robotics Team  (Read 4150 times)
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:00:02 AM

Please don't put a Bitcoin logo on the side of this robot. It would be so wrong. So please don't do it. If I had photoshop installed, I wouldn't do it. So please don't do it. OK? Thank you. I would truly hate to see it done. It's important to me that nobody does it. Good! With that said, although it would make me ROFLAO, it would be wrong. So let's move on, knowing that no one here will pick up the mantle and edit in a Bitcoin logo on this innocent looking robot, named Steve.

Yup, that would be so wrong!

DAMN!
Look at those bitrims!

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cusser_Bitcoin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:12:22 AM

I couldn't find the 2009 results mentioned above, but the 2010 results are damning enough by themselves. And I do have to second FAtlas' statement about the 50th percentile - it's sorta like trying to win points at the playground by saying that your dad washes the astronauts' suits, or saying your dad wouldn't lose too hard in a fight against another kid's dad. Adding dishonesty to the equation makes it even more of a bummer.  Sad

Here ya go my good bit-buddy: http://www.capitol-best.org/files/results/2009_scores.html

Good luck and godspeed!
or, as the robots would say, Beep boop, DESTROY ALL HUMANS

This is really disheartening... I guess in my heart of hearts I was holding out some hope that you were just trolling or trying to spread FUD; and that 2010 was just a fluke... but your link is completely accurate.  Undecided I think the worst part is that in the actual competition, where the Kings are crowned (so to speak), they finished an absolutely impotent 19th out of 25. Yeah, I really don't want the Bitcoin flag flying on the mast of such a mediocre ship - fly high like eagles, not in 19th place with the pigeons.

Besides, I think if Immanuel really liked Bitcoin so much, he'd be off spreading the word for free and not asking for handouts to do the honorable, heroic thing.  Sad
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 01:10:06 AM

Please don't put a Bitcoin logo on the side of this robot. It would be so wrong. So please don't do it. If I had photoshop installed, I wouldn't do it. So please don't do it. OK? Thank you. I would truly hate to see it done. It's important to me that nobody does it. Good! With that said, although it would make me ROFLAO, it would be wrong. So let's move on, knowing that no one here will pick up the mantle and edit in a Bitcoin logo on this innocent looking robot, named Steve.

Yup, that would be so wrong!

Now, go out there and win one for the GCP'er(s)! (Sorry, Knute!)

ROFLMAO!!!

You did a fine job, psy. I didn't even think about the wheels, just the canvas on the robot's side. It should now win first place in the Most Creative Use of a Sponsor's Logo on a Last Place Robot.

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:33:44 AM

Here's their document about seeking sponsorship.

.PDF warning

http://www.capitol-best.org/CD/Resources/BESTsponsorship.pdf

Here's what another team has put on the sponsorship section of their website.

There are several opportunities for which you can support our team. First, our Oak Mountain High School robotics team must design and purchase tee-shirts for competition. Second, in order to practice for the competition, a mock up playing field must be constructed. Third, as we build and test the robot, the team needs additional consumable resources such as plywood, nails, screws, and other components which are purchased at local hardware stores. Fourth, the team must construct a booth to display at game day. The booth is used to market our robot. Each of these activities requires a great deal of funding. We invite you to become part of our team by assisting.

http://www.omhsbestrobotics.com/sponsorships

From reading the BEST website, I gather that the teams are given no information about the rules for each year's competition until it kicks off - that's when they find out the nature of the robot they have to build, what materials are in the kit provided, etc.

Your cause would have been helped by including this kind of information in your OP.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: