Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question  (Read 558 times)
dotcouk (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:11:28 PM

what is a shared bitcoin address, and why would bitcoinfog say this

Do not send money directly from the Fog to shared addresses. Your bitcoins are going to be withdrawn in multiple randomized transactions and shared addresses cannot reliably handle that
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:19:47 PM

Some exchanges may have "shared" deposit addresses. These are typically only valid for one transaction to your account. I believe there have been online wallet services like that also.

blockchain wallet should be okay, as should bitcoinQT wallet, or multibit on your own machine.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
uininPeter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:41:01 PM

what is a shared bitcoin address

When you send Bitcoins from shared wallet, it sends from random address not belonging to you, so if anybody return your Bitcoins back to the address, you will not get the Bitcoins

dotcouk (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:43:40 PM

ok thanks i see, so if they send a multiple payments only the first would get there, i am having trouble with a withdrawal from there its been over 6hrs and nothing has shown in blockchain, and the withdrawal on fog is still pending, not sure if they have an issue with their service or its just taking a very long time, will see what has happened in the morning
jimmyjimmy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:14:06 AM

I suggest using an "e-wallet" and giving your partner access to the wallet account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: