Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners to be taken over by NSA  (Read 1239 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:21:20 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/29/5253226/nsa-cia-fbi-laptop-usb-plant-spy

Gold isn't the answer.
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:35:25 PM

[] taken over
[ x] could be taken over
[ x] would notice
Mylon

Activity: 140

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:09:33 AM

[] taken over
[ x] could be taken over
[ x] would notice
Exactly

Btw, thank god laptops still are almost never shipped with linux installed by factory default. (I always do reinstall to ubu)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
t1000

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:12:29 AM

I was going to say who wouldn't flatten their new machine the first thing it arrived, but I realise... most don't.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:13:19 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 12:24:59 AM by franky1

more chinese whispers.

1. the verve talks about laptops of known suspects being seized at delivery to install malware. (no mention of bitcoin miners)
2. the verve mentions the information was gleemed from another news source, "der speigel"
3. der speigel mentions the NSA's tool kit (ANT)
4. der speigel does not mention bitcoin miners nor the use of such malware installations on ALL electronic deliveries.

so this is the OP turning a small story of a few known terrorists/corporations having malware installed. and having that story manipulated into stories that it affects everyone and every piece of electronics, including bitcoin.

now please stop sniffing the glue, take the tin foil hat off and atleast research stories before posting on the forum

thanks

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:23:04 AM

now please stop sniffing the glue, take the tin foil hat off and atleast research stories before posting on the forum
thanks

What's the point? He has posted an article from theverge, which perhaps covers many bitcoin related news
The only person you should point your finger to is every US citizen
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:27:24 AM

thanks

What's the point? He has posted an article from theverge, which perhaps covers many bitcoin related news

the point being, is if your going to post an article, atleast post it with valid information, with actual valid sources, which actually has some substance to it that relates to bitcoin.

his post is more like reporting a tornado which was referenced from a news article by the national geographic about them recording the first ever ant fart..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Interized (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:11:33 AM

[] taken over
[ x] could be taken over
[ x] would notice
Exactly

Btw, thank god laptops still are almost never shipped with linux installed by factory default. (I always do reinstall to ubu)

Would not matter what OS you install, read the details.

You could even replace 90% of the computer parts and still be tapped.

thanks

the point being, is if your going to post an article, atleast post it with valid information, with actual valid sources, which actually has some substance to it that relates to bitcoin.

his post is more like reporting a tornado which was referenced from a news article by the national geographic about them recording the first ever ant fart..

Learn to Google and do your own research, this is all true.

Gold isn't the answer.
Kyt Dotson

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 04:31:28 AM

It certainly leads to a little speculation on being able to vet and audit hardware and software before putting it into production.

Although, truthfully, what's the stake of the NSA/CIA/FBI for tappping many miners in the first place? It would just lead to a lot of noise and greatly increase discovery.

SiliconANGLE: Bitcoin Weekly (My weekly column)
Read Black Hat Magick - not your ordinary detective agency - geeky fiction
BTC: 13MPMB6wU9j9RcqFRsubtngmtmvh3guZGp
Interized (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:39:02 AM

It certainly leads to a little speculation on being able to vet and audit hardware and software before putting it into production.

Although, truthfully, what's the stake of the NSA/CIA/FBI for tappping many miners in the first place? It would just lead to a lot of noise and greatly increase discovery.

I honestly don't care much, NSA has always wanted to monitor communication devices (the phone) and anything involving potential risks. They even spy on gamers because terrorists are using the game to communicate.

But I worry about how stupid people are, once we get all the average joes using BTC the NSA could possibility deploy a 50% attack on the network.

Then again, I guess we all would figure it out and come up with a solution faster than they ever could keep up with,

Gold isn't the answer.
electerium

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:50:32 AM

Would not matter what OS you install, read the details.

You could even replace 90% of the computer parts and still be tapped.

you dont know that. No one but the NSA does.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:01:53 AM

where does it say miners in that website?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: