Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghash.io api key  (Read 1992 times)
AustenN (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

I know Ghash is kind of a joke but I have a couple dollars in virtual mining just to try it out. I opened an account with an awesome service called minectrl, check it out: https://minectrl.com, but I wanted to add my Ghash pool to my stats (I mainly use slush's pool). Is there any way to generate an API for Ghash.io?
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:59:16 AM

Do you run minectrl.com? Wink
AustenN (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:35:27 AM

Haha no I wish but I did find out about it on reddit. I like it enough that I think I owe it to the developers to get the name out.
gjpminingco

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 07:22:18 AM

GHASH is not a joke i made more there then any pool i ever mined on, and the ability to reinvest it through CEX.io to buy more mining power is awesome

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:25:54 AM

2 days now

i earn less than i must earn from my hashing speed at these pool why:HuhHuhHuh?
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:44:45 PM

2 days now

i earn less than i must earn from my hashing speed at these pool why:HuhHuhHuh?

In order to profit at cex.io, you'd have to increase your GHs share balance faster than the pool speed growth (approx. 2%-3% per day)
Using only your BTC output from your owned cloud mining GHs (even with reinvesting NMC), you already found out that it's impossible, the income balance is tilted against you by GHs price design there (even after the latest drop).

Must be said, however, that this would be difficult at any pool (with own purchased hardware), IMHO it would work only with very expensive and profitable gear - and every hardware regeneration cycle carries risks of getting them running in time.

For the small budget BTC miner, mining seems always associated with a loss - you can only control the degree of the loss (unless you luckily manage to sell into another EBay Block Erupter frenzy).
You're better off purchasing BTC directly (I know, less fun, but that's the only chance to be profitable unless you nose-dive into high-performance xxxxx$ hardware and take your chances)

PS.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Enter your data into the calculator and get a good estimation for yourself.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:37:45 PM

In order to profit at cex.io, you'd have to increase your GHs share balance faster than the pool speed growth (approx. 2%-3% per day)

how i can do that?Huh
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 02:34:45 PM

You can run your own hardware at cex/ghash because along with your bought GHS speed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: