Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Velocity Coin Launch with Giveaway  (Read 1000 times)
smoothiebit (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:05:28 AM

Hey

Just seen Velocity coin is launching today seems like a good coin very fast (30 second) block times 42 million coins in total so compared to coins like doge its quite low distribution. So get involved early on. I am also going to try get hold of some and on my twitter will be giving some giveaways soon.

All their launch info is on https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2630-velocitycoin-vel-information/

My twitter for the soon to come giveaway is https://twitter.com/black_jesus7

As a newbie can be a good time to jump in at the bottom floor of a growing coin

Thanks
JBullFrog

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 06:42:59 AM

Sounds interesting.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:46:53 AM

Another coin?

Is this really necessary?

Too many coins already unfortunately!

Sad
octopus1

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:09:17 AM

From the little I've read about Velocity coin, it does appear to be yet another "me too" clone, but contrary to what a couple folks have said, that does not mean there is not still plenty of space for new altcoins,  IMO.

But, they must bring a new innovation to the table. Litecoin brought a mining system more resistant to monopolization by ASICS. Peercoin brought proof of stake as an alternate way to keep enough clients online to ensure the integrity of the system once it has been mined out.

As the most well known with the biggest network effect behind it, Bitcoin is likely to remain number one for the forseeable future (Again, IMO), but it is not a bad thing to see other coins being introduced.

Sure, some will be scams, some will be get rich quick schemes, some will be well intentioned bad ideas, and some will just be unnecessary clutter. At some point, however, one will offer enough compelling improvements to cause a groundswell of change. It is the nature of innovation.
codega

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:23:40 AM

Sounds interesting.

+1
smoothiebit (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:08:15 PM

IMO i think its great that theres loads of coins out there. Because its a relatively new idea all thse new coins means that people are testing the original coding to its limit and finding out new uses and ideas and also finding out weaknesses in the system. This always happens! So hopefully in a year or 2 from now most of the clones and pump and dump coins will be extinct and we will have the strongest coins on top. Sort of a hunger games for coins.  Just remember the reason btc is on top now is because of first mover advantage you never know in 5 years time bitcoin might be gone like the betamax and replaced by a stronger and more leaner competitor.
So my strategy is like pokemon am trying to catch them all  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: