Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinwisdom chart  (Read 2590 times)
JohnnyAppleCeed (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Can someone please explain to a non expert exactly what's going in this chart? Like every aspect- the three charts, red candles, green candles, tables to the right, moving red and green slopes to right of the most current data, and time intervals.

If possible, a full breaking down of what's going on there would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:17:10 AM

Can someone please explain to a non expert exactly what's going in this chart? Like every aspect- the three charts, red candles, green candles, tables to the right, moving red and green slopes to right of the most current data, and time intervals.

If possible, a full breaking down of what's going on there would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

From someone who regularly writes very long responses, posts, and commentary: Yes, I can. But no, I will not. The things I write are not easily findable or are original works. Go to investopedia.com or any number of places. There is extensive information, starting from the very beginning and working from there.

Perhaps what you don't know is that these charts are the same format as all stock charts. You don't need anyone to explain in a post (and they couldn't anyway) what has had thousands of articles and detailed explanations written already. Now, go forth and may google be your guide.

Seriously: You're already on the Internet. Coming here and asking that, is like having a fully-fueled car and a GPS, but hailing a cab anyway -- and expecting him to do the work for free. No, I don't wish to be paid for advice. But this is a forum, the word meaning a place for discussion, the idea being a give-and-take of ideas. Come back when you have something specific to discuss. I feel like you are one of those who will never be satisfied until it takes a fraction of a second to microwave your popcorn.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
JohnnyAppleCeed (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:02:20 AM

Ha, thanks.

Well being how I was asking about 8 or 9 very specific things, which as you said you know exactly what I'm looking for, in the time it took you to write up your post explaining nothing, you could have answered my questions.

FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:15:06 AM

Ha, thanks.

Well being how I was asking about 8 or 9 very specific things, which as you said you know exactly what I'm looking for, in the time it took you to write up your post explaining nothing, you could have answered my questions.

I thought you might say that. In that spirit (and because logical fallacies are so last year), this is your way of attempting to derail my point (as well as the likely followup; note it is written with the sarcastic perspective of a guidebook for a person of the majority to troll any "priveleged" minority, whether gay or black or just the minority that understands a particular piece of knowledge like Bitcoin charts): http://www.derailingfordummies.com/derail-using-education/

Note my patience has decreased (in the first reply, I tolerated the possibility that Bitcoin might've been your first exposure, somehow, to charts, and explained this as the prerequisite for seeking knowledge outside of this forum).

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
JohnnyAppleCeed (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:36:05 AM

ha, well, I'm still not really sure what your point is...

If you know the answers, and they're as trivial as you say, why not just provide the information? I dare say it would take less time than doing whatever it is you're doing in this post.

Shall we try for round three? Cool
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:43:37 AM

ha, well, I'm still not really sure what your point is...

If you know the answers, and they're as trivial as you say, why not just provide the information? I dare say it would take less time than doing whatever it is you're doing in this post.

Shall we try for round three? Cool

Nope, because you didn't even read the link I posted, which explains your second question ("why not just..."), and even predicted in the same link your followup attempt.

Or you did, and you either didn't understand it or are indeed trolling. In either of those cases, I will be of little use to you.

And finally, for clarity and without the scarcasm, for one final attempt at assistance in the event you are truly serious and just dense: it is because while your questions are indeed trivial to google and learn because an absurd amount of beginner and expert info is written on the net about them, it is nontrivial to recreate even beginner answers in post form. It will be long, redundant with the rest of the web, and any given beginner has strong and weak areas of knowledge. Google and the web has the answers to all of this. While I also probably have most of those answers, they came from where I'm sending you, and it's inefficient to do otherwise.

-Citizenfive
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 06:48:29 AM

Thanks!

The candlestick represents the open, high, low and close prices. Green means the price increased, red means it decreased.

You'll find all you need to know at:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=candlestick+charts

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
JohnnyAppleCeed (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:31:30 AM

Thank you organo.

My main questions dealt primarily with the features that appear to be unique to the bitcoinwisdom chart. For example the time increments selected on top don't match up with the time the increments on the bottom. Yes clearly candlestick charts is an obvious question that can be looked up easily. My mistake for including that in my original question.

Mr. Fenix, you're still not making sense. You keep giving an air of 'I can predict your every move' and 'you're an idiot'. But you know what, if you're really so smart why don't you just answer the question? Since you clearly know the answer, right?

Shall we go for round four? Last I checked you're still losing. You can do it!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:20:39 AM

Thank you organo.

My main questions dealt primarily with the features that appear to be unique to the bitcoinwisdom chart. For example the time increments selected on top don't match up with the time the increments on the bottom. Yes clearly candlestick charts is an obvious question that can be looked up easily. My mistake for including that in my original question.

It might be better to just do one question at a time then.

As far as I can tell (just having made a quick check) the bitcoinwisdom chart intervals do match the times/dates on the bottom. Select "30m" at the top, and on the bottom you can see the hours and dates the candlesticks refer to. Unless you confused hours for dates? I can see how you could do that.

FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:36:22 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 10:02:55 AM by FenixRD

Thank you organo.

It might be better to just do one question at a time then.

As far as I can tell (just having made a quick check) the bitcoinwisdom chart intervals do match the times/dates on the bottom. Select "30m" at the top, and on the bottom you can see the hours and dates the candlesticks refer to. Unless you confused hours for dates? I can see how you could do that.

Yes. OP, there are so many "explain the details of X to me" on the internet it's nuts. "ELI5: Stock charts" would work, maybe. What I'm telling you is that they aren't different from stock charts, so there's nothing unique that requires asking at a Bitcoin forum.

Thank you organo.

Mr. Fenix, you're still not making sense. You keep giving an air of 'I can predict your every move' and 'you're an idiot'. But you know what, if you're really so smart why don't you just answer the question? Since you clearly know the answer, right?

Shall we go for round four? Last I checked you're still losing. You can do it!

The page I linked predicted your question. Not on purpose, of course. You just asked another question in the same category of trying to repaint a situation to make it seem like it is my fault you lack knowledge, as if there is no better source. If you desire answers to specific questions, like something about not seeing the correlation between the times, that is very different from asking for a user manual to be written just for you.

I know for a fact all the information you seek is a google away, because I knew nothing about charts once, and used nothing but google to learn. And using bitcoinwisdom has not required any new knowledge I didn't have from stock charts. Any time I hear someone ask a question that the first page of google answers with perhaps 10 minutes of your time, tops, I get testy. Unless you are for some reason not capable of accessing the internet. But guess where we are...

So, my air of "you're an idiot" that you detected is fairly accurate. I have largely given up on most friendships, because I always wind up with a rep for being "walking wikipedia" and many of those so-called friends approach me for even the simplest of things. This is offensive because it is a lack of respect and awareness. Doing this for such elementary questions requires the belief that your time is worth more than mine: It is not unique knowledge you seek, therefore you believe it will be faster to ask me than google, because I probably already learned it. This is often true, but it means that you do not respect my time as valuable. (Which I also find oddly paradoxical -- am I, then, viewed by these friends as living in a different timescale, or as a machine with unlimited time? Either way I'm clearly not their friend, but am kept around as a novelty for converting questions to answers.)

Say I learned it in 15 minutes, and perhaps it would take you 20 minutes to learn it yourself. But you figure I can teach it in 10 minutes. What you've just done is said that 25 minutes of my time  (the required amount to give you what you want) is worth 10 minutes of yours (the amount saved by you). And that 10 minutes of your time is worth more than every single other thing I could do with my 10 minutes. Knowledge is not efficiently passed this way; that's why one of the first breakthroughs in human evolution and accumulation of knowledge was a system of writing. It automates the recitation part of passing knowledge.

-Citizenfive
JohnnyAppleCeed (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:33:03 AM

Oregano, thanks for the clarification. However, usually 6h intervals means 6h intervals. But on bitcoinwisdom that is not the case. Hence the question.

My primary question though is "what is the exact interpretation of the green and red slopes to the right of top chart when dealing with 15 min time intervals". Ha ha, yes green is up and red is down. I'm asking for a more precise description of how it's calculated and how it influences where the market goes. As a research physicist at a top tier university I'm sorry if my lack of economics knowledge is not on par with all you geniuses. Cool I clearly need some education.

Fenix, I only skimmed what you wrote but it seems you're still not answering the question. All I really read is your omission that you have no friends. I'm sorry to hear that, but not terribly surprised based on our brief and not terribly illuminating interaction. The impression I get is you like to write, probably as an outlet for your lack of friendships. Why don't you try answering the question this time. Shall we go for round five? You can do it!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:50:46 AM

Oregano, thanks for the clarification. However, usually 6h intervals means 6h intervals. But on bitcoinwisdom that is not the case. Hence the question.

Ok, but they look ok to me. On my screen, if you hit the "6h" there are four candles between dates. I don't know why you're not seeing the same. Do you have js enabled?

My primary question though is "what is the exact interpretation of the green and red slopes to the right of top chart when dealing with 15 min time intervals". Ha ha, yes green is up and red is down. I'm asking for a more precise description of how it's calculated and how it influences where the market goes. As a research physicist at a top tier university I'm sorry if my lack of economics knowledge is not on par with all you geniuses. Cool I clearly need some education.

The red and green slopes (which were on my screen before but now seem to have disappeared) are the bid/ask walls. Previously they were given a box by themselves below the main chart. Maybe they're trying something new.

Anyway, they're just an estimate of the price assuming that all bids and asks are there to be fulfilled, and don't disappear.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 11:49:45 AM

Read forex guides
Babypips.com

FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:57:34 AM

Fenix, I only skimmed what you wrote but it seems you're still not answering the question. All I really read is your omission that you have no friends. I'm sorry to hear that, but not terribly surprised based on our brief and not terribly illuminating interaction. The impression I get is you like to write, probably as an outlet for your lack of friendships. Why don't you try answering the question this time. Shall we go for round five? You can do it!

Nope, you just need education on getting self-educated. Which I tried, and now so has bitpop. Without that ability, you are certainly the worst "top-tier university" research physicist that I have ever witnessed. And I know a few. (Most of us here learned economics as at least a second field of interest, and the first was usually engineering of some kind.)

-Citizenfive
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 12:19:33 PM

6h means one candle

Merch

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:04:42 PM

I don't work nor have I studied trading to the extent that I'm familiar with the different charts and how they work.

I was also confused about the time interval setting, but became clear that as opposed to bitcoinity (where you see the bitcoin timeframe), the timeinterval refers to the "candles/trends".

The bottom staples are just referring to volume of the candles.

The only thing that I havn't grasped is what the 2 linear lines represent - one brown and one blue?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:12:23 PM

I don't work nor have I studied trading to the extent that I'm familiar with the different charts and how they work.

I was also confused about the time interval setting, but became clear that as opposed to bitcoinity (where you see the bitcoin timeframe), the timeinterval refers to the "candles/trends".

The bottom staples are just referring to volume of the candles.

The only thing that I havn't grasped is what the 2 linear lines represent - one brown and one blue?

Moving average

FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:32:50 PM

What I really don't get is, it wasn't that long ago that I knew absolutely zero about any of this. And I managed to learn without asking a single question. That saying, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked? No. That's potentially dumb, but asking questions that are answered on page 1 of Google are the dumbest of all.

Guys, seriously, click stuff and explore, it doesn't take that long to put the pieces together, and you'll understand it much better than some shit that I can write here. I can't fathom being a newbie and not clicking Settings in bitcoinwisdom as like, the second thing I do. What can I change, and what does that tell me? MA, EMA, none. What is different? What does that mean anyway? Maybe google "EMA vs MA"? The TOP FUCKING RESULT:
http://www.investopedia.com/.../simple-exponential-moving-averages-compare.asp

There are also brief descriptions when you click Indicator Parameters, when you hover on the "?". This shit is not rocket science, and it is definitely not super secret Bitcoin insider knowledge. Do a minimum amount of fucking legwork. Nothing valuable in life will ever be delivered to you on a silver platter.

-Citizenfive
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:33:54 PM

The settings menu let's you change the lines

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:41:41 PM

What I really don't get is, it wasn't that long ago that I knew absolutely zero about any of this. And I managed to learn without asking a single question. That saying, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked? No. That's potentially dumb, but asking questions that are answered on page 1 of Google are the dumbest of all.

Guys, seriously, click stuff and explore, it doesn't take that long to put the pieces together, and you'll understand it much better than some shit that I can write here. I can't fathom being a newbie and not clicking Settings in bitcoinwisdom as like, the second thing I do. What can I change, and what does that tell me? MA, EMA, none. What is different? What does that mean anyway? Maybe google "EMA vs MA"? The TOP FUCKING RESULT:
http://www.investopedia.com/.../simple-exponential-moving-averages-compare.asp

There are also brief descriptions when you click Indicator Parameters, when you hover on the "?". This shit is not rocket science, and it is definitely not super secret Bitcoin insider knowledge. Do a minimum amount of fucking legwork. Nothing valuable in life will ever be delivered to you on a silver platter.

100% agreed.

I had no idea how all this stuff worked when I first got into Bitcoin, but I read and Googled and read some more. It's not only more efficient in almost every case, it's also more rewarding to figure stuff out on your own instead of asking for someone to spell it out for you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: