Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:35:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the Dogecoin sub-reddit.......  (Read 1059 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:42:03 AM

So yesterday at about this time the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group had about 19,800 subscribers.  Right now the subscribers total 20,738. It has already surpassed the Litecoin sub-Reddit group and appears to be on 1,000 new members each day. Only last week it was around 10,000.

Contrary to what has been posited on this forum, Dogecoin is far from fading away. At the current rate of growth for the Dogecoin sub-Reddit, we should surpass the Bitcoin sub-Reddit group by the middle of February.

What I find most interesting are the comments from members on this forum. Some of the nasty comments that they make about Dogecoin are the same things that were said about Bitcoin when it first emerged.

So why are 1000 new people each day signing up for the Dogecoin sub-Reddit?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:45:54 AM

So yesterday at about this time the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group had about 19,800 subscribers.  Right now the subscribers total 20,738. It has already surpassed the Litecoin sub-Reddit group and appears to be on 1,000 new members each day. Only last week it was around 10,000.

Contrary to what has been posited on this forum, Dogecoin is far from fading away. At the current rate of growth for the Dogecoin sub-Reddit, we should surpass the Bitcoin sub-Reddit group by the middle of February.

What I find most interesting are the comments from members on this forum. Some of the nasty comments that they make about Dogecoin are the same things that were said about Bitcoin when it first emerged.

The people that are attracted to Doge are your everyday, average, morons.

The people on reddit just want to see some cute pictures and be done with it. Doge has no merit to ever be a currency of the world. It's a gag, it's a gift.

Don't try to match it with any currency that has above a 50million dollar market share.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:49:01 AM

So yesterday at about this time the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group had about 19,800 subscribers.  Right now the subscribers total 20,738. It has already surpassed the Litecoin sub-Reddit group and appears to be on 1,000 new members each day. Only last week it was around 10,000.

The people on reddit just want to see some cute pictures and be done with it. Doge has no merit to ever be a currency of the world. It's a gag, it's a gift. Don't try to match it with any currency that has above a 50million dollar market share.

On a technological level - doesn't Dogecoin perform the same function as any other cryptocurrency?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
iaMkcK

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:49:30 AM

Lots of people will discredit new/establishing cryptocurrencies, especially if they have vested interest in other new/establishing cryptocurrencies. Also, some people are just being realistic. If you believe in Đ, just keep mining and getting people interested (Starting giveaways, starting faucets, etc.). Most of all, remember Đoge was started with fun in mind -- A lot of the older guys here will recognize that most Cryptocurrencies are supposed to be serious & seriously traded. We look like kids to them. :-)
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:50:52 AM

The people on reddit just want to see some cute pictures and be done with it. Doge has no merit to ever be a currency of the world. It's a gag, it's a gift. Don't try to match it with any currency that has above a 50million dollar market share.

On a technological level - doesn't Dogecoin perform the same function as any other cryptocurrency?

Do not take me wrong, there is a lot of profit to be made and the converse. But only a very few people are actually banking off of it presently.

The whole marketing concept is a straight up a joke, literally.
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 03:50:59 AM

As I said last time someone posted this.  DOGE is a meme based phenomenon, it shouldn't be surprising that DOGE is popular on a website based around Memes and other internet related stuff

Pangia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:51:20 AM

How do you get that Dogecoin symbol? I know that you have to hit a few keys at once. What are they please?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
iaMkcK

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:56:58 AM

How do you get that Dogecoin symbol? I know that you have to hit a few keys at once. What are they please?

If you are on Windows, select run on your start menu and type "charmap.exe" and use that to locate the symbol. It will say the ALT+XXXX number and you can use that. All my posts are from my cellphone and i just hold the capital D on my phone and it gives me alternate symbols.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:01:38 AM

Đ

Got it.

Much thanks.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:45:34 AM

yes, its very weird, i plan to abandon this sub-forum, so much hate towards doge and no complain against scam coins.

Doge is a pump/dump coin... so in that sense, it is well suited for this sub-forum.

johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:48:34 AM

Quote from: Nekomata
Quote from: Exocyst on Today at 04:45:34 AM

Quote from: Nekomata on Today at 03:53:28 AM

yes, its very weird, i plan to abandon this sub-forum, so much hate towards doge and no complain against scam coins.

Doge is a pump/dump coin... so in that sense, it is well suited for this sub-forum.

I disagree, it started as a joke, and thats why it become popular, not a plan to pump/dump, it may become one, but that wasn't the initial intention.

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 06:01:47 AM

It's absolutely a pump/dump coin -- if you truly believe otherwise, you're a fool. Don't take it personally -- most altcoins are. It doesn't mean you cannot profit from it -- clearly there is an interesting marketing approach (basically "you guys are mean! It's the same as Litecoin! Why are you mean? In theory it's the same!")

It's literally just another clone in a long list of clones that just so happens to have been born from a joke making it even less likely to succeed long-term than others toward the bottom of the list. This was never launched to be a major player in the future of virtual currency -- it was created to make easy money for the creator and more morons every day are helping them to achieve that goal.

Unfortunately, it's only damaging altcoins in general -- perhaps that was the intent. Regardless, a handful of people at the top of the scam will surely make a massive profit off of the suckers at the bottom eventually. 12 months from now the Dogecoin enthusiasm will be nonexistent, I assure you.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Doublelucky

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:52:10 AM

So yesterday at about this time the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group had about 19,800 subscribers.  Right now the subscribers total 20,738. It has already surpassed the Litecoin sub-Reddit group and appears to be on 1,000 new members each day. Only last week it was around 10,000.

Yeah but all those new users are probably all 4chan trolls who got free DOGE from a thread giveaway.. or some other random people who received some free DOGE somehow, and are just sitting back, following the sub-reddit and DOGE news, hoping that it goes to the moon - it's not like all these new users are buyers who are buying and driving up prices on exchanges ... even if that were the case- aren't there a ton of people mining this coin? Like a billion coins a day or something? How can the buy demand outweigh all these coins being dumped by miners every day

I think Quark was experiencing the same thing, tons of new registered users on various Quark type forums, but price stays the same
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:55:12 AM

Do not take me wrong, there is a lot of profit to be made and the converse. But only a very few people are actually banking off of it presently.

You may think the marketing concept is a straight up joke, but let me ask you a question: Is the marketing concept working?

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 07:49:21 AM

You may think the marketing concept is a straight up joke, but let me ask you a question: Is the marketing concept working?

Even diehard supporters will admit the marketing concept is a joke -- whether the marketing is working or not is irrelevant to that fact. It isn't even clever -- Shitcoin/etc did the same thing months ago. The difference is that Dogecoin is slightly less obvious than Shitcoin and a lot more bribes and muscle was put behind cramming this down peoples' throats once the potential for actual profit became a reality.

I understand a lot of people want to profit off this dumb thing...and a handful of them will, I'm sure. I honestly don't believe there is a Bitcoin bubble (if anything, I think Bitcoins remain undervalued)...but there is certainly a massive altcoin bubble so I guess we should just all enjoy it while it lasts. Dogecoin is the same old crap repackaged in a below-average box and may prove to be the first big reality check altcoins have had in a while. It just goes to show people are just as greedy now as they were during the penny stock scam hayday -- there will be a few winners and a lot of losers.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: