Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:00:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When bitcoin can be a real currency in the world?  (Read 636 times)
chonce (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:52:06 AM

In the last 1 month, the bitcoin changed from 400$-1100$, a real country currency will collapse in this situation. why bitcoin still alive. and what we can do to help it to be a real world currecny.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:00:55 AM

In the last 1 month, the bitcoin changed from 400$-1100$, a real country currency will collapse in this situation. why bitcoin still alive. and what we can do to help it to be a real world currecny.

IMO there are 3 key factors to making bitcoin an everyday or common currency people use, there are other things as well but I consider these the top 3. 

In no particular order 

Adoption(places need to accept bitcoin, currently most places dont but that number is growing at a nice rate). 

Ease of use and security.  Currently it's still a hassle for the everyday person to obtain bitcoins to spend when they already have options in their pocket like their debit card.  It's also true that the typical non tech savy person could easily end up getting their bitcoins stolen, people want ease of mind and not to have to worry about that.  Again, there are companies already working on this and progress is/should be made quite a bit in the coming years.

Volatility.  Like other people have said countless times already, it's hard to convince people to use something as a day to day currency when the price fluctuates so much. Again when you already have a debit card in your pocket and you know that cup of coffee you want to buy will be the same price for the next couple of years (baring some huge sort of government collapse)  it's hard to convince someone to use bitcoin to buy their cup of coffee when  1 hour they suddenly dont have enough btc anymore, 4 hours later they do, a week later they can buy 3 cups of coffe, a month later they cant even buy half a cup.  That's just not a practical currency, at least not on an everyday level.   Just like the first 2 points I made though I think this is also something that can eventually be overcome as the market expands, at least i hope so.

Just my two cents. None of these problems aren't fixable, but it should take at least a few more years at the earliest to really see things coming to fruition in a major way.  The issue of volatility is a bit harder one to solve since that's not something a person with a good idea can fix simply by starting up a company.

I'm sure other people will mention some other road blocks or issues to be dealt with as well, and they are probably very valid as well. These are the top 3 roadblocks I currently see needing to be overcome for bitcoin as a payment option to be something that is considered normal and done at most places by most people.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: