Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 01:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SEND SDT] The consensus price token designed for everyday use  (Read 1115 times)
pamallison

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:53:09 PM

Good afternoon. A big number of different tokens appear every day. In opinion of the team, what will help their projects to stand out against background of the other ones?   
waitsummer

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:50:07 PM

Will it be necessary to be good at math in order to understand SDT as a concept?   As far as i understand, the base of the idea is a mathematical function. 
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:00:18 PM

Very nice advantages offered by Send (SDT) to send, store, pay and exchange value, without volatility risks. Moreover, It has a temporary stable price for our daily use. People should look for this kind of token. I think this project will end with a successful achievement as the benefits of the Send (SDT).  Smiley

Volatility is one of the major problem in crypto.
And promising without volatility risks here is I would say, there's something to look for on this project.
But, the stability is really one thing that depends on the demand of the token.
And are you going to expand your operations anytime soon?
Based from your map, your operations are in the American region.
Send Protocol (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:03:46 PM

Good afternoon. A big number of different tokens appear every day. In opinion of the team, what will help their projects to stand out against background of the other ones?    

Hello pamallison - two big differentiators: 1) we are introducing a new concept with a semi-stable token with price based in transparent measures of real use, 2) our live Dapp already supports use of our token for 12K active users.

The logic behind a semi-stable token: temporary price stability solves volatility challenges that stand in the way of mass adoption and daily use of crypto, but unlike other stablecoins, SDT token value will expand following our liquidity formula as demand and use grow over time.

We think that decentralized digital money should offer incentives to compete with centralized actors that reward consumption with points, miles, gift cards and cashback. A stable token, while offering stability needed for real use, fails to offer incentives for demand evolution and ecosystem growth.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:08:05 PM

Hello pamallison - two big differentiators: 1) we are introducing a new concept with a semi-stable token with price based in transparent measures of real use, 2) our live Dapp already supports use of our token for 12K active users.

The logic behind a semi-stable token: temporary price stability solves volatility challenges that stand in the way of mass adoption and daily use of crypto, but unlike other stablecoins, SDT token value will expand following our liquidity formula as demand and use grow over time.

We think that decentralized digital money should offer incentives to compete with centralized actors that reward consumption with points, miles, gift cards and cashback. A stable token, while offering stability needed for real use, fails to offer incentives for demand evolution and ecosystem growth.

Semi-stable token means that the price of the token varies within a certain interval or can it also be quite volatile?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Send Protocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:19:40 PM

Will it be necessary to be good at math in order to understand SDT as a concept?   As far as i understand, the base of the idea is a mathematical function.  

We loved this question. Very valid. Smiley You understood correctly that SDT price is defined by an algorithm that measures network liquidity. Boiled down, the concept is very simple: the price of the SDT token depends on its use. As demand and use increase, so will the price of the SDT token.

Math minds will have an easier time understanding the price formula in detail and will be able to make projections about token performance, but we're working on a simulator tool to allow the community to more easily explore the price formula and SDT performance given various scenarios for network activity. This is also inspiration to do a deep dive explainer video or blog post about the formula.
Send Protocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:54:29 PM

Very nice advantages offered by Send (SDT) to send, store, pay and exchange value, without volatility risks. Moreover, It has a temporary stable price for our daily use. People should look for this kind of token. I think this project will end with a successful achievement as the benefits of the Send (SDT).  Smiley

Volatility is one of the major problem in crypto.
And promising without volatility risks here is I would say, there's something to look for on this project.
But, the stability is really one thing that depends on the demand of the token.
And are you going to expand your operations anytime soon?
Based from your map, your operations are in the American region.

Volatility is the primary pain point Send SDT aims to address (others being: lack of usability, lack of ecosystem to use existing stablecoins, lack of incentives to use existing stablecoins, too much friction converting fiat to crypto and crypto to fiat, etc. etc.) To address volatility, we have created a new mechanism for price formation based in real use rather than speculation. https://www.sendprotocol.com/documents/whitepaper.pdf

You're right that SDT token success hinges on whether there is adequate demand in the Send ecosystem to support a new stable reference price. A strong launch in Venezuela will enable us to validate demand and the concept of a semi-stable token before scaling WeSend coverage to include Mexico-US and Nigeria-UK remittance corridors.

We plan to invest significantly in marketing and biz development from our token distribution proceeds to expand to new markets - this includes new partnerships to support liquidity of the SDT token as well as educational campaigns to grow our user base. The Send Foundation will also manage a rewards pool of tokens to attract new partners to join the Send Consensus Network.

We're planning future content to address these questions in greater detail including an explanation for what happens to the Consensus Network and SDT price formula in the event there isn't enough liquidity to support a stable price and what that breaking point would be, and a market capture roadmap outlined in greater detail using numbers from Venezuela as our baseline.
Send Protocol (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:10:28 AM

Semi-stable token means that the price of the token varies within a certain interval or can it also be quite volatile?

This is a good question and you're right, as SDT is not a traditional stable token and has no peg, the reference price may fluctuate slightly, but those fluctuations should move very close to Consensus Price. Consensus Network Partners will always use the reference price as a minimum for trades and transactions, but the token may trade slightly above the consensus price even within the network. Supply/demand for the reference price will keep this in check. As the network develops and more real use data feeds the liquidity formula, any small price differences should close over time.
leholmes12

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:59:49 AM

Good afternoon. How are you going to protect the rate from considerable fluctuations? It seems to me that it’s impossible.   
CAraBuss

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:16:51 AM

Good afternoon. How are you going to protect the rate from considerable fluctuations? It seems to me that it’s impossible.   
Don’t worry,  Consensus Network was made to solve this issue.
leholmes12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:37:09 AM

I heard about it, but i still can’t figure out how this mechanism works.
CAraBuss

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:51:40 AM

Well. if we don’t pay much attention to the technical details, it’s task is to make external factors to have minimum possible impact on Send token volatility. 
leholmes12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:02:31 AM

Well. if we don’t pay much attention to the technical details, it’s task is to make external factors to have minimum possible impact on Send token volatility. 
Do you think that a young cryptocurrency will experience speculative influence? A lot of them appear nowadays.   
CAraBuss

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:19:41 AM

Do you think that a young cryptocurrency will experience speculative influence? A lot of them appear nowadays.   
The same happened to BTC, and now speculators influence the rate more than the ones who’ll use the coin in the internal ecosystem. I’m glad that the team has worked it out in advance.
spartanec1

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:42:45 AM

I see that many will support this project, let alone the concept
notbad4day

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:34:07 AM

Good afternoon. How many users are you planning to attract in the two following years after the official release?   
konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:44:34 AM

the concept offered is very interesting and promising. the benefits offered are also very useful for the crypto community, because this is something that is needed. I hope the development team will continue to innovate for this great project to get a lot of support and achieve its goals.
Dreadtrader

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:31:57 AM

Good afternoon. How long will pre-sale last approximately.   
shara

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

Good afternoon. How long will pre-sale last approximately.   

About one month, if the tokens aren’t sold out earlier.
kocheg

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:29:49 PM

What share of the total number of tokens is put on sale?     
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: