Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collabit: A idea for ideas  (Read 1330 times)
Complexes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 11:34:36 PM

Just as a reminder, this is just a idea...

With difficulty for mining rising higher, people are looking for new ways to get Bitcoins. He or she may have an idea, but we all know making a idea reality hard. So I have thought of a solution. Collabit (Like collaborate).
So, the ten second paint.net illustrates how the site would be laid out:

On the left side is ideas. This is basicly a shout-box. If something springs to mind, shout it. This column would act as a live feed of whats being suggested. A small icon will mean people can up-vote that idea. The number of votes will be next to it.

So this moves onto the next column. This would show projects, ones of high interest to be exact. If a idea is voted enough, it will move onto this section. On this section, A better description of the idea would be posted, with maybe a logo. They are also presented with a small forum for collaborating on the idea. Another piece of text will tell of what they need, for example someone with experience in databases to get their auction idea going. People will also be able to tip the idea, if they thinks it's good, why not give some BTC towards it.

Thirdly, is people. If your a freelancer, looking for work, paid or free; post up your details and skills. So people can find you for their projects. It should all fit together like a jigsaw.

How does this make money, well, for that I am not sure. Taking money from tips would be immoral. Adverts most likely would not give enough revenue.

So I'd like to ask what you think of the idea, and if we could collaborate it into reality?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

February 26, 2011, 11:38:30 PM

Taking money from tips would be immoral.

Not if people surrender them willingly, as in this case.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 12:57:19 AM

So I'd like to ask what you think of the idea

There's an app for that:
  Witcoin

http://bitcoin.witcoin.com/p/269

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Anonymous

February 27, 2011, 01:06:17 AM

So I'd like to ask what you think of the idea

There's an app for that:
  Witcoin

http://bitcoin.witcoin.com/p/269

so far witcoin 1  spam 0
 Smiley

comboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 01:17:20 AM

Random thought: I dont believe ideas matter all that much in the world we have today. With internet, many people have access to the same information (and idea is basically few informations meeting together for the first time in your head), and they came up with many same great ideas. The think that matters is realization. So I'm kinda skeptical about people like "I have a great idea, I just need somebody to help me do it". Details matter, skill matters, timing matters.

"Ideas are worthless. Execution is everything." - Scott Adams and soooo many others.

Variance is a bitch!
Anonymous

February 27, 2011, 11:27:55 AM

Random thought: I dont believe ideas matter all that much in the world we have today. With internet, many people have access to the same information (and idea is basically few informations meeting together for the first time in your head), and they came up with many same great ideas. The think that matters is realization. So I'm kinda skeptical about people like "I have a great idea, I just need somebody to help me do it". Details matter, skill matters, timing matters.

"Ideas are worthless. Execution is everything." - Scott Adams and soooo many others.

The op thought of this idea but witcoin implemented it. So there is proof in your words.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: