Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SHA256 Picture Frame ASIC Miner For Sale in UK 1GHS to 1.6GHS (hub?)  (Read 1210 times)
DoctorG (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 500

Which Doctor?

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:56:02 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 10:50:41 AM by DoctorG

Hi All,

In a nutshell.

I have a home made picture frame out of an Asus EEEPC 701 Running Windows XP
I built it using glue and a new picture frame out of this old laptop as a Wireless Sharing device for an Xbox 360
I then used it as a CGMiner machine, running two BFL Jallys and 8 USB ASICs pointing to slushs pool
I then used it as a stratum proxy for two blades
I then built a litecoin computer, run stratum on that and glued those USB KEY 335Mhs miners on the back with a fan blowing at them. (see below)

Now, heres the frustrating part, I didnt know at the time that you could change device ID's on the little block errupters, I was getting lots of conflicts, I tore them apart, superglued them (with some heatsink paste) to a large ally Dell CPU heatsink etc but continued to have problems, and 3 usb hubs later I gave up. HEY them usb block errupters were selling for like 8 quid on ebay, I payed 80 for each one, I thought what the hell, lost my money anyway.

Times changed, the little devices went up in price to 40 quid again, I went to the 'electronic sh*t bin' in the garage and dug them out, bodged and glued heatsinks back onto 4 of them, and a bit of copper on another one, and glued them back onto the now redundant picture frame and hashed away.

However the picture frame only has 3 USB ports. So you would need a high quality usb hub to use all 5.
Or you could use 3 with the picture frame and two block errupters with something else. Up to you.

Its totally ghetto but its for sale, anyway, If you have any questions let me know.

What I would do is consider stripping the whole lot down, removing the glue, paper, (no more nails) and bodging it back into something presentable or if you like you can plug it in and mine with it right of the bat.

Im going to post some picture here now as I take them, you get 5 usb block errupters working but tatty as hell and an asus eepc 701 picture frame working but tatty as hell.  Its not CE or british kite marked aproved so if you burn your house down Im not responsible.

If your wireless is good, Id plug it into a solar panal in your shed and mine something!

You can pay me in bitcoins (fractions of) litecoins (whole ones) or paypal.

**** Make me an offer *****
I will post either parcel force 24 or special delivery depending on how good your offer is.

Ta very much

G
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:48:06 PM

You should open the window when using glue, because you're obviously high as a kite.  Grin
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:49:55 AM

What would it cost to ship this thing to the US? Smiley
agibby5

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

What a monstrous device.