Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:57:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to get into Bitcoin mining  (Read 577 times)
Funjando (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

Hi, I'm trying to get into Bitcoin mining, I was thinking of buying one of these Block Erupter Blades but i'm a little bit confused on how to set them up, does anyone know how or perhaps a better mining system?
Thanks in advance
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:44:23 PM

A better mining system depends how much you are willing to spend. Acquiring a Block Erupter is not going to bring much profit if any at all. The difficulty is way to high for many of the mining equipment to be worthwhile. If you have a substantial amount of money to invest that's the only way you can benefit in mining Bitcoin. Unless, it's purposely for educational reasons. There are a lot of tutorials and videos of setting up a block erupter over at places such as youtube. Go check them out if you are still interested.

maciekg333

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:51:17 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 04:05:32 PM by maciekg333

Better way to start mining are "scrypt" coins because it don't need expensive hardware, only GPUs Smiley. And if cryptocurrency mining will not be longer profitable you can sell GPUs but you don't sell worthless Bitcoin erupters. I also building my mining rig and I'm using only GPUs Smiley.

Good luck with mining your coins Wink.

bitconnect

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:53:01 PM

look towards mining other cryptocurrency ex. litecoin

http://www.cryptobadger.com/build-your-own-litecoin-mining-rig/
http://www.coinminingrigs.com/how-to-build-a-6-gpu-mining-rig/
minerman123

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:05:51 PM

Only way to mine bitcoins anymore is being part of an ASIC cartel.
corkz

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:10:57 PM

I second the advice above.  You can "mine" bitcoin indirectly by mining an alternative scrypt coin and trading to btc.  Litecoin is the most valuable, but not necessarily the most lucrative to mine at the moment.  Dogecoin exploded for a while and brought much profit for a while.  I don't want to post links but googling alt coins, and altcoin pools will help get a better understanding.

There just isn't any money to be made directly in bitcoin mining at this part of the game, but profits can still be made in scrypt mining.  Possible some of the CPU only alt coins as well, though I personally have not dabbled in those.

corkz

Funjando (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:04:17 PM

Awesome, thanks for all the answers! I'll look into these alternate currencies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: