Bitcoin Forum
June 10, 2024, 07:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there enough duct tape in the US for every home in California? <Reactor 3>  (Read 682 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 04:21:24 PM

http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/146-mjt

2) Go immediately (RIGHT NOW) to your local home improvement or hardware store for rolls of plastic, Duct tape, WIDE masking tape and  a couple rolls of self-adhesive weather stripping. You want to have a roll or two of the type of plastic that is used by painters; (the kind they use to cover your floor and furniture in case paint drips) and a roll or two of Duct tape.  Don't deploy this yet, but if the radiation arrives, you'll HAVE what you need and won't be battling a million other people trying to get some when the danger actually hits.  You can use the plastic and duct tape things to cover the insides of your windows, doors, AC electric plugs, light switches, bathroom exhaust vents, stove exhaust vents, -- even ceiling vents, to TRY to keep out radiation particles once you know they're arriving.  (NOTE: this may not be 100% effective.  Houses have loads of nooks and crannies which allow air from the outside to get inside.  If you cover the largest ones, you're at least giving yourself and family a fighting chance.)  These supplies are available immediately at: Home Depot Lowes Walmart TrueValue Ace Hardware and many other retail stores.

Related Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tZi-eO-_I
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:25:17 PM

I love the anti-rad idiots on the web.

Summary - if a lethal radiation cloud moving at 10mph is heading towards you and (is hundreds of miles away) you should NOT I repeat NOT simply leave the area.  Instead you should try to duct tape your entire house.

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:52:00 PM

nope, there will never be enough duck tape in the US

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:01:05 PM

Summary - if a lethal radiation cloud moving at 10mph is heading towards you and (is hundreds of miles away) you should NOT I repeat NOT simply leave the area.  Instead you should try to duct tape your entire house.

Haha. Thank you for that kind advise, I was in two minds about this whole situation.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

Don't forget to protect the children.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:53:53 AM

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:33:10 AM

So, who's buying a ticket for the 2020 Olympics?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:03:21 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 07:17:15 AM by Rassah

Mythbusters?! Booooo! Red Green is the only definitive authority on duct tape! He's done more with it than anyone else on the planet

Also, why can't I find any news of this on any mainstream news sources? Only ones seem to be reporting at this time are more right or conspiratorial type sites.

Also also, I'm getting a bit upset that this may be a bigger disaster than that of my native Ukraine. I hope it isn't, because I want my homeland to be #1! (In catastrophic nuclear disasters)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

Also also, I'm getting a bit upset that this may be a bigger disaster than that of my native Ukraine. I hope it isn't, because I want my homeland to be #1! (In catastrophic nuclear disasters)

Sorry mate, you've been knocked down to #2.
Least with Chernobyl most of the radioactive material is still inside the core, so can be contained.

Fukushima is right next to the sea, which given time, will be where the majority of the radioactive stuff will inevitably end up. Japan will be battling that for generations. It will never end.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:15:02 PM

Least with Chernobyl most of the radioactive material is still inside the core, so can be contained.

It's not. Chernobyl didn't have a containment building, and the vessel containing the nuclear materials had its lid blown off, so all the radioactive material was blown up into the atmosphere and surrounding areas. It was so bad that robots used to clean it kept shorting out and dying, so they ended up having people run out, one at a time, grab a chunk of the material, and chuck it back into the containment area or take it to a disposal area. It was so bad that each person could do it once for no longer than 15 to 30 seconds, and then be sent home.

I wonder if the level of Fukushima radiation would be more visible if it also was near a forest instead of near the ocean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Forest

You can see chernobyl station in the back
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

Also one major problem with Chernobyl is that shield built over the gaping reactor roof by workers (90% of which died) is aging and weakening.

There is a pretty interesting solution to build the shield on wheels nearby and it will be rolled into place over the aging crippled reactor to reduce the exposure to workers.
Interesting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFEI8S5rG0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: