Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social media banning ICO & Crypto ads  (Read 491 times)
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:25:18 AM

It's never ban people
Right! It appears in new that Social media has banned crypto promotions but in fact i still see ads around the facebook pages not directly related to ICO but it redirects to ICOs via proxy sister sites.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:16:57 PM

dont worry social media needs money and they will not ban it Cheesy

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Darerando

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:02:29 AM

As far as I can tell, social media is and has recently been banning ICO & Crypto ads. Without ads how will their information get out? The times are changing in this fast changing world!!

It's true why would social media ban bitcoin ads, when bitcoin is the future and offers so many opportunities.
janhllr

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:41:49 AM

Can't deny that social media is the best way to promote ICOs but I don't think it's the only way. Newbies into cryptocurrency are more aware of what they have to do now. Instead of just Facebook and Google, they will come to ICObench or ICOdrops or Bitcointalk. All in all, the ban will somewhat effect our community but not entirely.
mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

I think ban of ICO is not a way out. Everybody understand that there is huge crypto market and it is growing progressively. ICO could be banned on some local markets , but not totally. Even local ban will push other media to use this situation and to build another place for such ads.
Doctor_jay

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:26:51 AM

It's tough luck unfortunately. But the saying 'one rotten potato spoils the whole bag' applies here. There were too many scam coins. Plus some of the bigger hacks, thefts, and frauds (such as these five key examples) haven't helped.So a few reasons they would simply ban crypto and ICO related ads:
  • Too many complaints
  • Potential for law suits
  • Putting users at risk of theft/fraud/hacks etc
kingdomofhearts

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:32:58 AM

When Social media bans ICO & Crypto ads, what will be the best way for companies to advertise and inform?

I believe not all Social media will ban ICO and Crypto currency advertisements. The reason being is that, it actually makes their website filled with more people, both those who are advertising and those who are interested in those advertisements. Besides, I doubt that cryptocurrency will be banned for good because if cryptocurrency will be accepted globally, then those advertisements will also be later on accepted.
etherixdevs

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

I dislike "bans" but sometime they are useful.

This was the reaction to the huge amount of ICOs launched in the very last period of time.
Many have interesting projects but I guess that in 3/4 years not even 50% of ICO s will keep their promises.
Too simple to create an ICO today

And most of all too many not expert neither serious people promoting ICOs on socials.
This needs to be a serious topic at the end of the day
BeBlockTech

Activity: 304
Merit: 15

0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:08:50 PM

When Social media bans ICO & Crypto ads, what will be the best way for companies to advertise and inform?

Just to keep you guys updated, Bing, Microsoft's search engine is going to ban crypto ads as well. But no brainer, as Bill Gates continues to attack bitcoin with a lot of negatives circulating in the media.

The best way for companies to promote is in this forum. You don't need to go around and even paying premiums to those social media giants just to get your ads on page 1 of their search engine.

First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. And then you win!!

I don't know who the heck Bill Gates think he is (besides the second richest man on earth  Cheesy). Fighting against everything he thinks is a treat for Microsoft. The guy has all the money in the world, and still... I wonder if he also thinks he's going to live forever  Undecided.

And I can agree with the part where you mention that the best place to advertise your project is in this forum. I don't know if you noticed, there are a lot of projects who don't use the forum to advertise their projects, probably scam projects. Only yesterday 10 new projects were added to cmc, and only 4 of them made an announcement. Scammers know that they will probably get burn if they try to promote their shit here on btc-talk, lol. I don't even look at the project when it doesn't have an announcement threat.
Crypto Music

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Yeah I have a lot of FB friends am noticing that any of my Facebook posts relating to crypto or blockchain get totally unviewed and undiscovered  Cry
bratuha

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

BRINGING MAGIC

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:20:03 PM

The Social media can to bans ICO & Crypto ads in any time, but they don't make this!!!
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

It's never ban people

Are you sure? I could have sword I heard that facebook banned ICO and crypto ads a while ago.

The best way will probably be on crypto specific sites like this one to target people already familiar with the concept. Also crypto news websites. In that sense not much changes. But to target new people they might have to move back to more traditional media where historically all the advertisement was focused before social media grew into what it became.
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:45:23 PM

Ads mean advertising so the restriction is only for people buying ads, it has nothing to do with users activity posting. And I still see ads about ICO on Youtube btw

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
zpopdream

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:57:10 PM

Actually There can still be seen ads about blockchain project. But without these terms like 'crypto', 'ico' and etc.
investorck

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:05:44 PM

It's going to be a difficult situation for the good ICOs. The other alternatives for crypto ads include: bitcointalk, coinmarketcap,  reddit,  bitcoin mag and other bitcoin blogs.
ozing

Activity: 135
Merit: 4

You become what you think.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 12:12:05 AM

There will always be a way out to reach out to people

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
posi

Activity: 2240
Merit: 579

Degens.bet - On-chain 1000x Futures

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:11:12 AM

Just to keep you guys updated, Bing, MicroSoft's search engine is going to ban crypto ads as well. But no brainer, as Bill Gates continues to attack bitcoin with a lot of negatives circulating in the media.

The best way for companies to promote is in this forum. You don't need to go around and even paying premiums to those social media giants just to get your ads in the page 1 of their search engine.
I don't know what's happening to Bill Gate this days cause he was once a supporter of bitcoin last year and he's now post negative comment about bitcoin. Well, bing and Microsoft search engine are not the commonly use search engine and it won't be a problem if they ban bitcoin but if they does another search engine king will arise mate.

.DEGENS.BET.     ████████████████
     ████████████████
██████████████████████████
██   ████████████████   ██
███  ████████████████  ███
 ▀██████████████████████▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ████████
        ▄▄██████▄▄
      ██████████████
    ██████████████████
      ██
      ██
  ██  ██  ██       ██
    █████████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██
                 ██████
                   ██
           ██
           ██
       ██  ██  ██
         ██████
           ██
      ██
    ██████
  ██  ██  ███████████
      █████████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██
                   ██
                   ██
           ██
         ██████
       ██  ██  ██
           ██
           ██
..TRADE NOW..
ChanHungWai

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:25:38 AM

I don't think its ban for those who are properly registered with governments.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:12:21 PM

The best way to advertise is to put your ads on a newspaper, making billboards or having a 10 sec commercial on tv, effective but a little bit costly. The best palternative way to do is to hire a campaign manager on this forum , make your project famous and let people talk about it after

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
embarrasstor

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:13:30 AM

Advertisement cannot stop people from searching ICO from other platforms and investing on it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: