Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will this cause France to get into Bitcoin - 75% Tax on Rich  (Read 5430 times)
gurcani

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:32:25 AM

Don't get me wrong, the government provides me nothing that I value.

I think that business, government and religion is part of the same meta structure that oppress people. Business pays the politicians, and the clergy, and each of these provide essential services to one another.

France is a strange country where, every now and then, people mess things up.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:05:48 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 04:32:29 AM by Lethn

PS - if school teachers and policemen want to earn more money all they have to do is start their own businesses if they think that is so easy LOL

and what would happen if all the police and the school teachers turned to businessmen/women? You as a businessmen would have no secuity and no skilled labor to run your business, no?

I enjoy these arguments given by people who attack the idea of no taxes but where's your actual proof that everything is going to be a disaster if we don't tax people for everything they have?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:45:11 AM

I think that business, government and religion is part of the same meta structure that oppress people. Business pays the politicians, and the clergy, and each of these provide essential services to one another.

do you value parks and roads?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:32:24 AM

Source that teachers in France work 10 hours/week please?

In most of the EU nations teachers work far less than 10 hours a week. And I don't think that the situation will be much different in France.
davedx

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:07:09 AM

Source that teachers in France work 10 hours/week please?

In most of the EU nations teachers work far less than 10 hours a week. And I don't think that the situation will be much different in France.

Source please.

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:41:31 AM

Source please.

http://www.thejournal.ie/french-teachers-strike-five-day-week-764624-Jan2013/

French teachers are required to teach for a maximum of 3 periods (40 mins each) per day. 2 hours per day = 10 h / week.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:15:41 AM

Do you think there would be no parks or roads without government?

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
ucerpucerp

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:41:19 AM

Weird the tax isn't an income tax, it is a penalty tax on the companies which pay its employees "too much".  The company pays a 75% tax on the salaries which exceed 1M EUR per year.  So company pays you 1M EUR, company coughs up 750K EUR to the government.  Correction:  The tax is on the employer for 75% of the wages ABOVE 1M EUR so it is in effect a wage cap.  Instead of the govt saying "wages over 1M annually are illegal" they just made it asininely expensive to pay wages that high so ... companies won't.

Company cuts your salary to 1,000,000 EUR or less, and the company pays no tax (well no extra millionaire taxes).  I have a feeling many companies will simply cut salaries which are over the 1M "cap" and offer some form of deferred compensation.

The Brittish government has already told the French high earners to move there. The French government was annoyed. I loved it.

France is one of the worst countries in the world to live if you're anything above mediocre.

Actually, the number of relocations from France to UK didn't increase for 1 year... As it has been said,  this tax is only a salary one. There are many ways to avoid it.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:51:57 AM

The Brittish government has already told the French high earners to move there. The French government was annoyed. I loved it.

France is one of the worst countries in the world to live if you're anything above mediocre.

Income tax in UK isn't that much low either. For the last two decades or so, a lot of ethnic minorities from France, especially the Arabs have been relocating to UK for professional reasons. On the other hand, there is also a migration of white British families to France, as the latter offers better work to family life equilibrium.
gurcani

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

I do.

I was at the gezi park, which the government wanted to destroy, to build a shopping mall. The people defended it with their lives... I value such parks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222723

I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouVxXkwExHw
davedx

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:38:04 PM

Source please.

http://www.thejournal.ie/french-teachers-strike-five-day-week-764624-Jan2013/

French teachers are required to teach for a maximum of 3 periods (40 mins each) per day. 2 hours per day = 10 h / week.

It does not say that in the article, does it? It talks about a 4 day week, that's all. Do you have an actual source, or is this just something you heard in a pub?

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
davedx

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:41:37 PM

Do you think there would be no parks or roads without government?

I don't think there would be very good roads without government. Do you think individual companies are capable of organising nationwide infrastructure projects?

gurcani

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:42:05 PM

I don't think there would be very good roads without government. Do you think individual companies are capable of organising nationwide infrastructure projects?

It actually is the private companies that build the roads in most countries. Government collects the taxes and outsource the actual job of building.

but we are talking about organizing... In the sense of figuring out which community needs what and supplying it at the national (or international) level.

Somehow I tend to think that google would do that better than U.S. department of transportation if you let them make money off of it.

The hard question is how to do this in a distributed fashion. I am sure it is doable, but you probably need to discover something as revolutionary as bitcoin in order to facilitate people working towards a defined goal in a distributed but coherent way in real life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: