Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Interac/Visa/Mastercard debit cards  (Read 1649 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:29:41 PM

Hey,
After looking around on the web I have not been able to find a single real bitcoin debit card thats either visa, interac, or master card. Trading your bit coins to real cash is quite hard and takes long, so a service where you could deposit bit coins on the credit card, and on purchase they automatically trade the bit coin to USD or CAD and then you get your product. Coinkite.com in my opinion is just stupid because no one has the POS terminals and why would you buy a card just for those POS terminals, when no one even has them. Also, the only real card I found was bitplastic.com which is stupid because it costs about 0.3BTC or roughly 250$ to get a simple debit card, which is outrageous for a piece of plastic that banks offer for free on open of an account. I know that credit card services and networks will frown upon bit coin payments, so maybe you could make something like prepaid visa cards, that the company would have access to, so when you deposit bit coin, you could set it to auto-deposit or you could manually convert the BTC into USD, and then it would go on the card. For pricing, I myself would pay a maximum of 50$, but for the general public and for other people and my recommendation, you should price it at 20$, and then add shipping. Fees should be about 3% off of conversions from BTC to USD.
Its only a matter of time before bit coin credit/debit cards are created!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

Coinkite.com in my opinion is just stupid because no one has the POS terminals and why would you buy a card just for those POS terminals, when no one even has them.

Some years ago, nobody had a Facebook account, and why would you register on Facebook when no one even uses it?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
BitterDiego

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

Until that time, using Gyft.com seems like a good way to go. Easily convert Bitcoin to other gift cards... and earn 3% back when paying with Bitcoin.
Juswar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:55:48 PM

Hi All

I have kept a small diary on the whole process of
buying a Bitplastic Bitcoin Debit Card as I did with the "Raxcard Ripoff"
from purchase of the card to withdrawing money out of the card

I just went to the store and tried the "Visa" out today
Click here for the full diary and to find if it works

http://tkdcentral.com/archives/bitplastic-bitcoin-debit-card-www-bitplastic-com-revolutionary-or-ripoff-our-experience-so-far/

Enjoy and hope it answers your questions

If This Story Helps You
Buy Me A Cuppa or just donate to
1Jjh7WFENU4n1o2kR5gnZ4JHvjnUyDTeNk
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:30:10 PM

Hi All

I have kept a small diary on the whole process of
buying a Bitplastic Bitcoin Debit Card as I did with the "Raxcard Ripoff"
from purchase of the card to withdrawing money out of the card

I just went to the store and tried the "Visa" out today
Click here for the full diary and to find if it works

http://tkdcentral.com/archives/bitplastic-bitcoin-debit-card-www-bitplastic-com-revolutionary-or-ripoff-our-experience-so-far/

Enjoy and hope it answers your questions

If This Story Helps You
Buy Me A Cuppa or just donate to
1Jjh7WFENU4n1o2kR5gnZ4JHvjnUyDTeNk

Hey can you give us a picture of this visa card? I'm curious to see what it looks like.
Also have you used the option for "cash in the mail"? How much does it cost?
williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

This raxcard guy is a spammer and probably owns bitplastic and putting down other companies. Check his posts, all his other posts are just this message copy and pasted.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
fryarminer

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:49:49 PM

Until that time, using Gyft.com seems like a good way to go. Easily convert Bitcoin to other gift cards... and earn 3% back when paying with Bitcoin.

Dude, thanks for this - I think I'm onto something. I wish they had a generic card though!
fryarminer

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:50:58 PM

This raxcard guy is a spammer and probably owns bitplastic and putting down other companies. Check his posts, all his other posts are just this message copy and pasted.

Actually, thanks for this too. I had noticed duplicate posts of his but didn't do that research. Ok - I'm not trusting bitplastic now!
williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:59:58 PM

Guys, I ordered a card from cavirtex. The card is almost at my house, but its interac so I can't buy anything online. Extremely low fees also. Only 10$ for the card including shipping.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:04:21 PM

Guys, I ordered a card from cavirtex. The card is almost at my house, but its interac so I can't buy anything online. Extremely low fees also. Only 10$ for the card including shipping.
the only issue is that it works only in Canada and you can't buy online so it's ok if you go to store in Canada only
williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:35:19 PM

Hey, I think the point is just for easy bitcoin to cash, cause you can just go to ATM and instantly get your bitcoins in to real cash.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: