Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 0.05btc to create a Windows VMware Image to compile coin QTs  (Read 707 times)
hendo420 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:24:40 PM

I will pay 0.05btc to the first person who can make a VMware image with windows installed that has all of the tools needed for a streamline Windows QT compile.

It needs to be constant, it needs to work on 90% of coins. It needs to include any dll files that need to be included with the exe. I don't care what version of windows as long as it is not x64. Please add a txt file to the desktop with instructions on how to compile QTs.

If anyone else wants to add to the bounty I am adding a Bitcoin address. I will update the total with anything that anyone adds.

Address to donate to the bounty at.
1Gtq3xyoirvBMprdSgCsjvpiQvxTSD2XC9

ebmarket.co
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

Why not just set up a mingw environment yourself?

It's really not as hard as you might think, pretty sure there's several posts on here explaining the actual dependencies, coin daemon and QT compilation process.

Usually the only troubles arise from things like mismatched boost lib versions.
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:28:14 PM

I know its not all that hard. I would just like to see a standard. That way no one else bitches when a new coin is launched and doesnt have the windows QT. They then can just compile it themselves with minimal technical knowledge.

ebmarket.co
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/419

Almost ending
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:30:10 PM

I know its not all that hard. I would just like to see a standard. That way no one else bitches when a new coin is launched and doesnt have the windows QT. They then can just compile it themselves with minimal technical knowledge.

Hmm okay, that makes sense. Good idea.
Treggar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:38:24 PM

Sounds illegal... unless you're providing the product key? Tongue
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:41:20 PM

Sounds illegal... unless you're providing the product key? Tongue

Actually, you can run windows 7 indefinitely unregistered it just bitches alot.
I dont care if it is unregistered. lol

Altho I would prefer XP since it can be shrunk down to a 200-300mb image. lol

Its up to the discretion of the creator how to handle software licensing or not handle, whichever.

ebmarket.co
theking

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

seems easier done on linux to make ur exes and no one needs to worry about license keys either
also alot of people who followed instructions on how to compile wallets under windows ended up with issues, its all over the threads relating to this topic

WIN: WQvqPASu4ffjfupfwkZCX2zECLAedBfSxT /// TheSmurfsCoin. TgKhTqtEe2NRQXKzUNL6TXs9NNSXTvxg26 /// [ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR /// CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS. CJG2g8CDkTrj5TMHHzi9ynkAvHamuUiKhC /// Get GiveawayCoin(GC)? (Free 100%NO IPO NO POW,PURE POS. G********* /// Let's flower the moon. Shjtq1XLnjgpbzSK3SvqMhQpK9CeAYLCPZ /// FootballCoin(FBC):FiaYuHEWhoS8v5dPbGLRDh7FBtcDV7TdnA /// Freebiescoin- 100% FREE Distribution FKDJUQ4Ybzdno2hoAP2NuYh1VAaTwMq1y2 /// ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. SR8eG4bhC2CzKnN2PfBz7vtj3zrcyXAuWr /// Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eCvsqEW2oFaSRq4XozfrHP8XuZ9kvrfQ5W /// Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 5834 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID # (www.tagbond.com/5834)
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:52:34 AM

seems easier done on linux to make ur exes and no one needs to worry about license keys either
also alot of people who followed instructions on how to compile wallets under windows ended up with issues, its all over the threads relating to this topic

I would gladly pay the bounty for a dedicated linux distro with everything needed to compile for windows and linux. I didn't realize you could build the windows binaries in linux, I thought u had to use mingw in windows.

We need some kind of standardization. It seems every other coin release is just source and no windows binaries. It doesn't affect me as I just compile it in linux and mine away. But for the majority windows binaries are a necessity.

ebmarket.co
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:39:09 AM

Reserved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: