Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Coinbase ID Verification is Driving Me Nuts  (Read 802 times)
headzoo (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:38:38 PM

I've failed it three times now, and you have to wait 24 hours before trying again. I'm not stranger to verification procedures which use information from your credit reports, and I've never failed them in the past. I think I'm most annoyed by the redundancy of ID verification process. They've already verified my bank account, and verified my credit card. Is it even possible for me to be an impostor after those verification steps?

It might be easier for me to send them a copy of my drivers license, a sample of my blood, and my first born child.
melish02

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:01:06 AM

Be careful.
After finally getting a verification to go through (took a month), I've tried the instant buy feature over 20 times. Each time, the transaction is instantly cancelled as being "too high risk".  We're talking purchases of .25 btc...
The feature that used to work - 5 day wait - is no longer available.  They apologize in the error message and ask me not to give up but try again in a few days/weeks... what b.s.
no help from support staff either...
headzoo (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:43:11 AM

Be careful.
After finally getting a verification to go through (took a month), I've tried the instant buy feature over 20 times. Each time, the transaction is instantly cancelled as being "too high risk".  We're talking purchases of .25 btc...
The feature that used to work - 5 day wait - is no longer available.  They apologize in the error message and ask me not to give up but try again in a few days/weeks... what b.s.

They sure are having a lot of growing pains for a company which received $6 million in funding.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:48:05 AM

Be careful.

They sure are having a lot of growing pains for a company which received $6 million in funding.
$25 million, most recent round
headzoo (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:02:47 AM

Be careful.

$25 million, most recent round

Jesus. Well, that does show faith in Bitcoin from investors.
Bono

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

I can't get the instant buy activated either.

During verification, they ask me questions about streets I've never lived on...
headzoo (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:27:06 AM

Failed again, and I'm 100% sure I answered all the questions correctly. Has this worked for anyone??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: