Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit by Bit - Giving new users free BTC  (Read 1573 times)
Wamo90 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:13:38 AM

Hello,  I'm a computer engineering major at Texas A&M university and as a part of my studies I have started a website which will give new users some free BTC to get going.  My site is very similar to the Bitcoin Faucet website established some time ago, but there are several key differences.

• Bit by Bit can be used to receive .001 BTC for free
  • Bit by Bit can be used daily, meaning you can get up to .007 free BTC a week
  • Bit by Bit also features a Lottery Drawing once a week which offers the chance to win .25 to 1 BTC.  The more people supporting the site the higher the Prize is.

I am currently attempting to stress test the site, so please tell anyone and everyone you can to try it out.

For more information please check out the site Bit by Bit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 06:25:29 AM

Hello,  I'm a computer engineering major at Texas A&M university and as a part of my studies I have started a website which will give new users some free BTC to get going.  My site is very similar to the Bitcoin Faucet website established some time ago, but there are several key differences.

• Bit by Bit also features a Lottery Drawing once a week which offers the chance to win .25 to 1 BTC.  The more people supporting the site the higher the Prize is.

I am currently attempting to stress test the site, so please tell anyone and everyone you can to try it out.

Looks very nice.

Not so important for this, but for more serious stuff it isn't good to ask people to claim a payment/donation after it's sent as anyone could watch the chain via blockexplorer or similar and make a bogus claim.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:28:17 AM

Looks very nice.

Not so important for this, but for more serious stuff it isn't good to ask people to claim a payment/donation after it's sent as anyone could watch the chain via blockexplorer or similar and make a bogus claim.

Yeah, I am currently working on an implementation which would eliminate this problem.  Almost got it done, just debugging it now.  Thanks for taking a look!
mclovin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:36:26 AM

I played around with it and it seems I always get the same captcha when I first load the submission page. Clicking the "different image" link does give me a unique captcha though...
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:39:59 AM

I played around with it and it seems I always get the same captcha when I first load the submission page. Clicking the "different image" link does give me a unique captcha though...

That's an interesting bug I can't seem to duplicate.  I'll take a look at the code tonight and try and figure out why it's doing that.
skadoosh00

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:55:29 AM

Just nitpicking here, but there's a typo on the submissions page.

"To receive your free butcoin please fill out the following form in its entirety."

Looks like a great site!
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:57:15 AM

Just nitpicking here, but there's a typo on the submissions page.

"To receive your free butcoin please fill out the following form in its entirety."

Looks like a great site!

Oops, thanks for pointing that out.
btminer8

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 01:15:46 PM

Nice.. thanks
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 02:11:06 PM

Looks good.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 03:43:01 PM

Interesting idea...  Not sure if 1 cent will keep my attention, but we'll see what happens.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 07:19:25 PM

Just wanted to update everyone that the site will go down for a few minutes as I update some backside scripts.  If you can't get on keep trying, it'll be back up soon.

Oh, and the lottery doesn't have very many people yet, so it might behoove you to enter.

Thanks,

Wamo
fyver

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Looks very interesting i'll give it a try:D
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:04:39 PM

What's the catch? Plan on throwing a bunch of ads up to try and make some money or u just a generous guy?   Wink

Its actually a school project.  I am a Computer Engineering major and we had to develop a system which used what we have studied (MySQL, HTML, PHP, LAMP Stack Servers, various cryptography practices).

There are a few ads on there to help offset the hosting/mining costs, but I'm not looking to quit my full time job Smiley.
nefanon

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:11:16 PM

Hello,  I'm a computer engineering major at Texas A&M university and as a part of my studies I have started a website which will give new users some free BTC to get going.  My site is very similar to the Bitcoin Faucet website established some time ago, but there are several key differences.

• Bit by Bit also features a Lottery Drawing once a week which offers the chance to win .25 to 1 BTC.  The more people supporting the site the higher the Prize is.

Cool site, you just made it into my sig  =)
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:58:55 PM

Interesting....

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
btcmerchant

Activity: 60

btcmerchant

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:45:04 AM

Great service, I love the idea of a bitcoin lottery.  Make sure you submit your site to btcmerchants.com and I'll upgrade you to a featured listing.
Wamo90 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:30:58 AM

Great service, I love the idea of a bitcoin lottery.  Make sure you submit your site to btcmerchants.com and I'll upgrade you to a featured listing.

Will do, thanks for checking out the site.
djpnewton

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:40:05 AM

Where do you seed your bitcoins from?
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:41:39 AM

Be aware that people will abuse the system at some point. I have dynamic IP for example. I can get a new IP just by pressing a button.

But the site looks nice. Congratulations Smiley
dark_silverstar

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:43:19 AM

thank you. had registered to your site  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: