Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REAL market traders... are they here...?  (Read 3366 times)
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:41:21 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 06:15:00 PM by jatajuta

I made a video on the subject a couple weeks ago

http://youtu.be/BzcEiszx09g

Great video, I have the same opinion of you, I am a firm believer on Bitcoin and it's technology, but I am not naive to ignore that our psychology is the same wether we are trading oil or bitcoin. So the rules for traders DO apply for bitcoin and we will see the same dynamics of price discovery that we saw on past times with different commodities.

Bitcoin’s real contribution to the world is its source code. The blockchain, the network protocol, the cryptographic verification — anyone can take this and build a currency with any economic properties their community needs. I’m not convinced that bitcoin’s Austrian School properties can sustain a global (or even local) economy, but you know what? That’s okay. If I ever feel the bitcoin economy has become too unequal, unbalanced, or stagnant, it’s now trivial for me to start my own damn currency.

There is no perfect monetary system for every situation. Bitcoin is not going to be the one world currency, and it doesn’t need to be. A lot of people compare Bitcoin to the Internet, but it’s more like CompuServe. It’s the first of many digital, non-state currencies to come, that will all interoperate with each other in ways we can’t even dream of yet.

What the people who criticize those who use technical analysis and other "wall street" method to trade the volatility need to understand is that they are not hard science, they are a system to make decisions in an enviroment that is extremely uncertain.

It's not a magic formula for making money, but I bet you will survive longer than by just watching the bid/ask wall for making decisions.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Lone Wolf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:55:35 PM

Welcome, jballs. I hope you stick around.

agreed.  esp since he is long bitcoin.
xyzxyzxyz

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

There is no problem trusting bitstamp or btc-e as exchanges because as soon as you are long you can take out your bitcoin to your own wallet. Americans are restricted from wiring money to btc-e so try bitstamp.

If you are looking for Bitcoin 2.0 that has solved the 8 transactions per second problem look at NXT and emunie.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

You OP might have too much respect for the professionals. Have you talked to any of them? I have. They talk about shares just like any connoisseur talks about wine. Pure magic.

A venture capitalist sitting on the sidelines for bitcoin now, is pathetic. Venture means risky business you know, but bitcoin is too risky. Or they don't see the potential reward. They really only follow the stream. Edit: Waiting for Krugman to be bitcoin bull perhaps.

Face it, you are the one in knowledge, you are the venture capitalist. Fuck the magicians

Yet another unbelievably arrogant post from a btc true believer.  Dismissing anyone who does not believe as fervently as they do.  Which investment "professionals" have you spoken to?  A VC?  A hedge fund manager?  How do you have personal access to such people with their busy schedules pray tell?  Are you that important?  If so, then why are you bothering to post on a lowly btc internet forum?

You have too much respect for them. Access? are they not all over the place? They are humans, like you.

Do I know more about money than dr Krugman? Yes. Does saying that make me arrogant? No.
Everyone can read my posts, also Krugmans posts over at nytimes.
Lone Wolf

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:45:40 PM

You OP might have too much respect for the professionals. Have you talked to any of them? I have. They talk about shares just like any connoisseur talks about wine. Pure magic.

A venture capitalist sitting on the sidelines for bitcoin now, is pathetic. Venture means risky business you know, but bitcoin is too risky. Or they don't see the potential reward. They really only follow the stream. Edit: Waiting for Krugman to be bitcoin bull perhaps.

Face it, you are the one in knowledge, you are the venture capitalist. Fuck the magicians

Yet another unbelievably arrogant post from a btc true believer.  Dismissing anyone who does not believe as fervently as they do.  Which investment "professionals" have you spoken to?  A VC?  A hedge fund manager?  How do you have personal access to such people with their busy schedules pray tell?  Are you that important?  If so, then why are you bothering to post on a lowly btc internet forum?

You have too much respect for them. Access? are they not all over the place? They are humans, like you.

Do I know more about money than dr Krugman? Yes. Does saying that make me arrogant? No.

You didn't answer my question.  You said you have talked to "professionals."  Who and when exactly?  Please enlighten us mere mortals with the details of your conversations with said "professionals."

You know more about money than Paul Krugman?  How so?  

Krugman graduated from Yale and has a PhD from MIT.  He is an economics professor at Princeton and has spent pretty much his entire adult life studying economics.  I'm not saying he is right about everything or is some sort of god.  But what are your credentials since you claim to "know more about money" than him.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:51:05 PM

You didn't answer my question.  You said you have talked to "professionals."  Who and when exactly?  Please enlighten us mere mortals with the details of your conversations with said "professionals."
I don't much care to. Go fuck yourself.
You know more about money than Paul Krugman?  How so? 

Krugman graduated from Yale and has a PhD from MIT.  He is an economics professor at Princeton.  I'm not saying he is right about everything or is some sort of god.  But what are your credentials since you claim to "know more about money" than him.

It is based on what he writes, I know his credentials.

If you remove your head from the ars of that real professional you favour and use as blinders, you might be able to find out something yourself. See, think, do. It must be the oldest investor advice there is.

Lone Wolf

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:00:56 PM

You didn't answer my question.  You said you have talked to "professionals."  Who and when exactly?  Please enlighten us mere mortals with the details of your conversations with said "professionals."

Krugman graduated from Yale and has a PhD from MIT.  He is an economics professor at Princeton.  I'm not saying he is right about everything or is some sort of god.  But what are your credentials since you claim to "know more about money" than him.

If you remove your head from the ars of that real professional you favour and use as blinders, you might be able to find out something yourself. See, think, do. It must be the oldest investor advice there is.

"I don't much care to. Go fuck yourself."

Ah the surest sign of someone who is a total fraud and a liar.  Resorting to profanity and attacking others personally instead of engaging their arguments intellectually when confronted with his lies.  

And completely ignoring questions about statements that make him look like a total fool.  "I speak directly with investment professionals!  I know more about money than xyz person!  How dare you question me and my credentials even though I am just some anonymous internet forum poster!"  

You sir are a joke and the personification of the words unwarranted arrogance.  Good day.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:08:41 PM

Krugman graduated from Yale and has a PhD from MIT.  He is an economics professor at Princeton.  I'm not saying he is right about everything or is some sort of god.  But what are your credentials since you claim to "know more about money" than him.

"I don't much care to. Go fuck yourself."

Ah the surest sign of someone who is a total fraud and a liar.  Resorting to profanity and attacking others personally instead of engaging their arguments intellectually when confronted with his lies.  

And completely ignoring questions about statements that make him look like a total fool.  "I speak directly with investment professionals!  I know more about money than xyz person!  How dare you question me and my credentials even though I am just some anonymous internet forum poster!"  

You sir are a joke and the personification of the words unwarranted arrogance.  Good day.

Maybe, but I hate arse-suckers in a discussion forums. Escalate it a bit, and you will see what I mean: You call some name, I call some name, repeat until you end up with most well known figure. What kind of discussion is that?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: