Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 03:06:22 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good VPS or Dedicated Server?  (Read 3615 times)
jostmey

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 06:31:33 AM

It looks like I will have to ditch dreamhost.

Any suggestions on a good VPS or Dedicated server? I am looking for lots of bandwidth and generous database allocations.

Thanks!

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lagios

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 07:48:49 AM

did you check linode?

jfreak53

Activity: 297

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:53:44 PM

Please post a sales ticket on our site: http://clients.microtronix-tech.com

We can custom quote VPS' with up to 9TB bandwidth a month and ATOM dedicated servers with much more.

Our main site: http://www.microthosting.com

These custom servers would be in our Chicago NOC.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin 1755
█ █ http://www.microthosting.com -- Free reseller web hosting, OpenVZ-XEN-HVM VPS', ATOM Dedicateds!
jostmey

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 05:40:57 PM

I've heard other people suggest Linode. Maybe they are a good web-host.

That said, Linode does not offer much bandwidth. Last month we burnt through about 400GB of bandwidth. I want to have a safety margin of x2, so I will probably need 1000GB of bandwidth.

Does anybody have experience with "http://www.chimehost.com/virtual-private-servers/"?

Search Bitcoin
jostmey

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 05:43:49 PM

Or photonvps? I think they might be the same company.

Search Bitcoin
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:07:21 PM

Please post a sales ticket on our site: http://clients.microtronix-tech.com

We can custom quote VPS' with up to 9TB bandwidth a month and ATOM dedicated servers with much more.

Our main site: http://www.microthosting.com

These custom servers would be in our Chicago NOC.

+1
Acejam

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:50:51 PM

Go with Linode - they're incredibly fast and their control panel is beyond amazing. I've been a proud Linode customer for 2-3 years now, absolutely ZERO downtime. I'm also one who rarely posts reviews about products or services.

I can tear down my Ubuntu VPS and throw up a CentOS VPS in minutes. It's incredible how fast their provisioning platform is, and the fact that I can do it all myself makes it that much better. I can even have multiple disk images (configured VPS images) in one account - but only one can be powered on at a time.

Ping times from my home to my Newark, NJ based Linode are ~9ms. NINE MILLISECONDS!! Shocked
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:05:47 PM

I like Rackspace, 100% uptime networking, and 99.99% hardware up time. (They told me over the phone, if hardware goes out the longest wait time is 1 hour to get the server back up. Their pricing is relatively the same as any other host if not cheaper and they have been around for along as I can remember so they must be realiable. Absolutely no problems so far.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:24:56 AM

I like Rackspace, 100% uptime networking, and 99.99% hardware up time. (They told me over the phone, if hardware goes out the longest wait time is 1 hour to get the server back up. Their pricing is relatively the same as any other host if not cheaper and they have been around for along as I can remember so they must be realiable. Absolutely no problems so far.
You get what you pay for.
Rackspace is amazing, and has very good support.

gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1102

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:42:00 AM

Midphase dedi server with Softlayer : 02:39:27 up 723 days  3:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.05

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:05:33 AM

I've heard other people suggest Linode. Maybe they are a good web-host.

That said, Linode does not offer much bandwidth. Last month we burnt through about 400GB of bandwidth. I want to have a safety margin of x2, so I will probably need 1000GB of bandwidth.

Does anybody have experience with "http://www.chimehost.com/virtual-private-servers/"?

Just pay for a better Linode package. They know what they are doing, aren't some fly-by-night bullshit provider, and have shockingly fast hardware
memvola

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:01:26 AM

How about a service which accepts bitcoins? I suggest CINFU but there are plenty of others.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1330

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 05:46:58 AM

We use http://www.gigenetcloud.com/ for all of our servers and they are quite amazing. Good price, live support personnel 24/7/365, plenty of bandwidth, multiple datacenters.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 06:46:56 AM

I dis-liked my experience with Giganet although they do have quick and knowledable tech-support, 1their servers aren't fast for my taste.
infested999

Activity: 490

DeCiB3l

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:17:25 PM

Or photonvps? I think they might be the same company.

I have used them before, dirt cheap but the server would go down multiple times a day, when i used them I had 50% uptime and they had a hard drive failure on my VPS :s

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:19:45 PM

I dis-liked my experience with Giganet although they do have quick and knowledable tech-support, 1their servers aren't fast for my taste.
100tb has some quality servers with a bad ass panel.
Midphase is a sub-company of 100tb, but I like 100tb's panel better.

jostmey

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:47:51 AM

So I actually just tried Linode today.

Their staff was knowledgeable and quick to respond to my problems.

That said, their service seemed unable to handle the web-traffic for Search Bitcoin. My website was down for many hours today.

I do not know if the issue is because of either (a) a software limit that I can change or (b) a hardware limit.

In either case, I switched off of them after a few hours.

So it looks like I may have to try another company.

Search Bitcoin
NothinG

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 04:50:15 AM

So I actually just tried Linode today.

Their staff was knowledgeable and quick to respond to my problems.

That said, their service seemed unable to handle the web-traffic for Search Bitcoin. My website was down for many hours today.

I do not know if the issue is because of either (a) a software limit that I can change or (b) a hardware limit.

In either case, I switched off of them after a few hours.

So it looks like I may have to try another company.
If you need a temporary place, let me know (PM).
I can set you up on our servers (cpanel) until you can find a host for yourself.

jostmey

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 05:16:25 AM

If you need a temporary place, let me know (PM).
I can set you up on our servers (cpanel) until you can find a host for yourself.

Thanks for the offer. For now I will continue hosting the service on Dreamhost. I am just waiting for the DNS updates to propagate.

That said, I need to find a reliable web-host soon, and if I cannot I may take you up on your offer. Thanks!

Search Bitcoin
asher2

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:39:54 AM

Rackspace cloud are fantastic. Easily scalable, awesome support. Give it a look.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.