Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS hosting & Webhosting evalutation thread‏. Evaluate your host here!  (Read 12189 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:48:15 PM

Molecular:

I love the idea of this thread and the concept behind it. Something you should really do, though, is add in links to posts or something for praise/complaints. For example, in the OP you state that complaints have been made about Momento, but without going through the posts there's no way to tell what those issues were. Even something as simple as saying like:

MomentoVPS - Link1, Link2

would go a long way...

would anyone be willing to take over this thread? We could probably have a mod change the owner. I don't find the time to maintain this adequately.

I would be willing to take it over. besides me owning a hosting company, i am always purchasing and testing hosting services. The vps i provide will not be included in this post at all unless one of my clients freely post here.

I don't see too big of a problem even if you include your service as long as these facts are transparent.

how to find out who is a moderator here?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

CINFU just suspended my 9 servers!!!!!! just because I was downloading torrents on one of them!  Angry

with no warning?

I have been using cinfu for over a year. they are great. (I never downloaded torrents there)

lol, obviously you've never worked with DCs before.

If you are running something that has ANY chance of getting them or their network flagged, compromised, they are going to put a stop to it immediately as it's a violation of the ToS you accepted.

If your machine was compromised and used for something fishy, they would shut it down (or isolate it), alert you, and then there'd be some ugly work to do...but if you had been doing torrents regularly, they would probably just put an end to it completely.
johnnyfla123 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

Molecular:

I love the idea of this thread and the concept behind it. Something you should really do, though, is add in links to posts or something for praise/complaints. For example, in the OP you state that complaints have been made about Momento, but without going through the posts there's no way to tell what those issues were. Even something as simple as saying like:

would go a long way...

would anyone be willing to take over this thread? We could probably have a mod change the owner. I don't find the time to maintain this adequately.

I would be willing to take it over. besides me owning a hosting company, i am always purchasing and testing hosting services. The vps i provide will not be included in this post at all unless one of my clients freely post here.

I don't see too big of a problem even if you include your service as long as these facts are transparent.

John K. should be able to do it.

codingagency.com anonymous and offshore vps and webhosting!
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:29:55 PM

CINFU just suspended my 9 servers!!!!!! just because I was downloading torrents on one of them!  Angry

with no warning?

I have been using cinfu for over a year. they are great. (I never downloaded torrents there)

lol, obviously you've never worked with DCs before.

If you are running something that has ANY chance of getting them or their network flagged, compromised, they are going to put a stop to it immediately as it's a violation of the ToS you accepted.

If your machine was compromised and used for something fishy, they would shut it down (or isolate it), alert you, and then there'd be some ugly work to do...but if you had been doing torrents regularly, they would probably just put an end to it completely.

thats why you choose a service that is more friendly torwards those things. They way my service handles these things is when a issue like this arrises we dont just cut the client off, we would/will work with the client to either move their services to a more friendly place for waht they are doing. (game servers, torrents, stuff like that). Our ToS is  very lenient on these types of things. we do not own any servers on U.S soil but we do own some in canada, so if a client wanted to particiape in such activities they might like our other servers located in europe and asia which laws are more favorable to them.

As a user for hosting as well I would rather the service i am using try and work with me to figure out a way to resolve the problem that arose instead of just cutting off service.

But as with any services you should always read the ToS and if the ToS doesnt answer your questions and you feel that something you are doing is sketch i highly recommend that you email the company or put a support ticket in. Most staff's are more than happy to reply and let you know exactly what you need

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:19:03 PM

Molecular:

would go a long way...

John K. should be able to do it.

I PMed him.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:22:16 AM

allright ownership of this thread has just been transferred to johnnyfla123, who will manage the list from now on.

thanks to theymos and John K. for the transfer.

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:44:37 PM

allright ownership of this thread has just been transferred to johnnyfla123, who will manage the list from now on.

thanks to theymos and John K. for the transfer.

I will be going over the current lists to make sure they are active as well as getting it ready for new hosts to be added to this list. I will be doing this over the next few days.

seedmybox

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:46:48 AM

Hello,

Please add Seedmybox.com to the list. We SPECIALIZE in ultra fast VPS servers (check out Reviews online).
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:09:15 AM

We used to provide VPS's until the amount of clients using the VPS's for illegal purposes became too much of a liability to our other clients.

VPS's unless hosted in a cloud environment are not really efficient - you can get more for your bitcoins with cloud hosting configured for your resource requirements.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 11:56:08 AM

We used to provide VPS's until the amount of clients using the VPS's for illegal purposes became too much of a liability to our other clients.

VPS's unless hosted in a cloud environment are not really efficient - you can get more for your bitcoins with cloud hosting configured for your resource requirements.

Location changes a lot of laws Smiley but it is a downside to vos's and good priced ones. They are very easy to use for purposes that they shouldn't be used for.

Also to update everyone, I will have this thread revamped by Tuesday night. With instructions and a new approach to have members recommend your services. I have received tons of requests and I believe I have come up with a solution that includes bitcointalk members in deciding if your services are either good rep or bad rep based on the community as a whole.

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:36:46 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 02:57:33 PM by johnnyfla123

Old stuff that needs to be redone still:

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:39:38 PM

Updated the main post with new rules. If you would like your service added as good rep or bad rep please follow these rules to have it added. Smiley

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 10:50:19 PM

updated

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:01:22 PM

Also: can we have a section or info on if the providers allow SETI@home, folding@home, and other CPU intensive processes? Another would be CPU mining alt coins (i.e. Primecoin).

If a service provider wants me to add a note next to their service to help promote specialties that they provide i will do so and add it next to their links of reputation

bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:04:40 AM

We do allow CPU intensive processes, however we request that the customer inform us so it doesn't get flagged as abuse. I/O intensive is more the issue with VMs at any rate.
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:04:41 PM

We do allow CPU intensive processes, however we request that the customer inform us so it doesn't get flagged as abuse. I/O intensive is more the issue with VMs at any rate.

Thanks for the clarification on this. I have added a note next to your service.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:42:27 PM

That could get you some business Wink

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 08:15:17 PM

Bumping Thread

QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

The amount of CPU I/O that bitcoin mining requires is huge, far outweights the profit ratio to resources assignment factor - You would need to run huge racks of i7's..

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:33:03 PM

The amount of CPU I/O that bitcoin mining requires is huge, far outweights the profit ratio to resources assignment factor - You would need to run huge racks of i7's..

You are right here. Although i do have a couple servers at home that have dual cpu's I am planning on using them to give out to cpu miners, I just have a few things to work out before i can do that. The power costs to do this also are WAY high and lower the life of the CPU's by alot. Also the problem with cpu mining on vps units is that it makes it so you can’t fit as many clients on a server. More likely to oversell and can cause other vps units to have a less quality service because of it. I also do love your posts about hosting services, I enjoy seeing them Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: