Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Exchange is recomended?  (Read 1154 times)
Freetrader (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:34:33 AM

Dear fellow Bitcoiners,

I'm looking for the right platform to trade. I have accounts on Coinbase, Localbitcoins, bitcoin.de, bitcoin-24.de but there is certain
downfalls for all of them. Now I look for another places to trade (preferably with fastest transactions!)...but which is really good?
MTgox is known for delaying withdraws, BTC-e is located in eastern Europe under unclear jurisdiction, BTChina needs a Chinese bank-account,
krakken doesn't seem to have the biggest tradingvolume...that leaves me with Bitstamp and? Bitfinex seems to be interesting too, but,
I don't know about the trading-volume there either....so what do you recommend?

Thanx in advance for all useful tips.

Freetrader
soopermark

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:53:47 AM

I use cryptsy and coinedup, both of which are only for crypto currency - no fiat currency.
I like coinedup as I find the withdrawal times are faster, and there are no fees. The only thing I do not like I'd the interface as it is a lot more primitive than cryptsy and other crypto exchanges. 

For usd or euro exchanges I think coinbase is better than mt gox in terms of transaction times. I like the interface and platform of coinbase as well.

I hope this helps!

Goodluck
Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:23:55 AM

I like Cryptsy and CoinedUp.com as well. The interface on CoinedUp.com is really incredible. Trades happen lightning quick and I never have any problems with coins going missing. I highly recommend that you give them a try while they are still having their 0% fee promotion.
LightningZeus

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:41:27 AM

I like Cryptsy and CoinedUp.com as well. The interface on CoinedUp.com is really incredible. Trades happen lightning quick and I never have any problems with coins going missing. I highly recommend that you give them a try while they are still having their 0% fee promotion.

Cryptpsy is indeed very nice. Has a simple to use interface, but currently some things are a little slow on their site. I believe their servers are getting a bit overloaded. Coinex.pw is an up and coming exchange. They have mining inside of their exchange which is rather nice it is all integrated together. Coinex.pw is still in beta and has gone through some rough spots as of late.
AnArk RE

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:38:16 AM

Don't forget bitcoin-otc.
bitcoiner222

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The world is fantastic :D

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:55:19 AM

Maybe use our service: www.BTC-Exchange.info
Here you can buy BTC quick, anonymously and easily without any verification. You can pay using the payment methods paysafecard, Ukash, Cash by Mail and bank transfer.
We're in business since a few weeks and exchanged already an amount of over 48k into BTC.

Cheers
Bitcoiner222
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:03:39 AM

The main two I use are cryptsy and coindup, coinedup has much lower volumes but is a good site that responds well to your inputs while having a decent selection of altcoins. Cryptsy on the other hand has a pretty GUI with large volumes and a lot of coins BUT (and that's a big but) it can be incredibly slow and just generally buggy.

With Cryptsy you have to watch for things like if you complete a trade you can be credited with the bought coins long before the sold coins are processed, if you then sell the coins again (by mistake) you will be left with a negative account which blocks withdrawals and if your unlucky and the exchange rate drops it can leave you in debt... if that happens don't count on support to help. Everything goes through eventually so I would just warn you to keep track of what you're doing and don't just rely on the numbers you see on the site, and don't count on things happening fast, sometimes they will but sometimes it can take 1/2hr+ just to return your coins to your account from a cancelled order. The learning curve on that site can be very frustrating and if another site had the same variety of coins and volume of sales while being fast and reliable I'm pretty sure Cryptsy would just disappear but alas atm there is no other equivalent (that I know of anyway).

I mainly use Cryptsy for trading because of the volume and variety so it is usable but just be cautious.

The others I know of but don't use much are;
MtGox
BTC-E
Vircurex
Coins-e
Bter
VirWox - You can get money to BTC on this by buying 2nd life money with paypal then trading to BTC, it can be handy but if you don't have an established account the withdrawal can take a couple of days to process, fees can be steep too but its the only way I know of to go paypal->BTC with relative ease.
BFDcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:24:43 AM

Is there any issues with BTC-e or bter?  These are the two that I signed up with, haven't really used them yet.  I just seen a lot of bad posts about cryptsy, calling it crapsy and such, and was worried about using it.
lagomorph7

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:44:49 AM

Cryptsy has been ok for me so far. Once I've deposited coins, the trades seem to occur just fine. What I like is that they are US based (https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/about) so, in theory, there is some accountability if things go wrong.

That said, sometimes it takes a very long time for deposits to show up and go from pending to complete. And, the site can be rather slow at times.

I've also used BTC-E and they've been ok as well. However, they are located in Bulgaria and have no known physical address. I wouldn't store a significant portion of your assets there for that reason alone (of course, this is good advice regardless of the exchange).

I've not used the other exchanges, yet.
cerleo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:25:30 AM

Cryptsy is a good one-sometimes there are issues with the deposits but for now it seems to be good.It's a good choice.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:28:44 AM

I use cryptsy and have never had an issue although some people claim otherwise.

For me cryptsy is the best exchange.

Wink
cerleo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:38:51 AM

Yes,cryptsy by far seems to be a really good site in spite of the problems which occur sometimes.It's quite a good one.
KiwiSi

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:01:16 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately I've just had a bad experience with missing BTC when trying to transfer out of the CoinEx  exchange (ie: it never turned up at its destination, still 24 hours on).  I've contacted their support and haven't heard anything back.  I'll continue to chase them, though in the meantime I use Cryptsy and have found them good.

Cheers,

Simon
btcdog

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:27:14 PM

hehe
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:30:00 PM

Nice collection  Grin Just a post for my watchlist.
cerberre

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:42:19 PM

cryptsy
Jochen

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

I'm having Bitstamp for some time without any problems.. Besides soms regular issues they all got some time..
btcdog

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:09:24 PM

DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:09:42 PM

mtgox... most people are using it
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:29:16 PM

If you want to exchange Bitcoins, with no hassle, for other altcoins, I would almost certainly choose Vircurex.  They are the best.  Cryptsy is second best.  Mainly because it's slow as molasses, and you only get your coins sometimes.  Then have to write a Support Ticket.  Plus they have Catcoins.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: