Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time crypto investor: NXT or Earthcoin?  (Read 916 times)
flipstyle (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:53:44 AM

I've narrowed it down between the two, but seems like both have some pros and cons (as all do).

NXT: seems like the most unique with its POS structure, but that's also a double edged swoord as it could prove as the biggest pump and dump scam if some of the stakeholders want it to be.  lots of development in the works, and I like that.  code release in a few days could go either way.

EAC: catchy logo, some nice app development in the works...but all in all that's pretty much where (at least to me) the big breakthroughs stop.  Still relatively inexpensive, and becoming much harder to mine now.

I'm looking to hold for the long term, but seeing positive short term gains in the coming months wouldn't hurt.  So I'm asking you all, which of the two would you invest in at this point and going forward?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:56:56 AM

Invest in NXT through the Ripple network:

https://peercover.com/#/simpleGateway

You can swap to LTC, BTC, or XRP as prices rise and fall.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:57:52 AM

i dont think earthcoin will be around long, its just like doge quick pump and dump then on to the next coin, but at least it has some value,

NXT is just one gigantic hustle, i just dont know how it works on people or keeps going.

j
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:59:15 AM

I would 'rather' invest into EAC instead of NXT. But I dont like them both so.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:00:24 AM

If those are the two candidates you have chosen to invest in I think the best choice is for you to let someone else look after your investing.
Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:01:06 AM

You could invest a smaller amount in both so that you could benefit from either increasing in price.

If those are the two candidates you have chosen to invest in I think the best choice is for you to let someone else look after your investing.

^^

I would agree with this though.
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

If you are looking long term simply invest in BTC, you won't regret it (or regret it less)
I don't recommend invest any money if you don't understand the basic principles (hint: google pump and dump premine instamine)
Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:03:50 AM

If you are looking long term simply invest in BTC, you won't regret it (or regret it less)
I don't recommend invest any money if you don't understand the basic principles (hint: google pump and dump premine instamine)

I think it's excellent advice to just leave your money in Bitcoin until you are completely certain of what to do with it.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:06:01 AM

Dont have any experience with Ripple, so no advice on that point.

My personal feeling is that Earthcoin doesnt bring very much to the table....another scrypt clone coin.
The only USP I can see is that the mining yield varies with the seasons of the year.
Sounds useful.  Huh

NXT is a whole different ball game....loads of interesting features (mostly vaporware ATM) on a unique Java platform with an amazing community behind it. I like it a lot more than Earthcoin, to say the least.

BUT: this is the wonderful world of crypto, anything can happen. So my advice to you is to spread the risk. Never go all-in on any one coin, but spread your money (and risk) around.

I'm 50% in Bitcoin, 25% NXT and the rest in PPC, XPM, Quark and so on. Even got 1000 DOGE, just in case.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
EvilDave

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:07:59 AM

i dont think earthcoin will be around long, its just like doge quick pump and dump then on to the next coin, but at least it has some value,

NXT is just one gigantic hustle, i just dont know how it works on people or keeps going.

And why do you think that ?
Not in search of an argument, just really curious why u think that way about NXT

singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:09:06 AM

I personally invested in EAC (relatively traditional and quite stable scrypt coin, slightly rising up). With NXT's POS there is more risk of someone dumping their coins once the prices are high enough, so that may be a bit riskier... but there are some unique features (though mostly in the planning stage), so the risk may be worth it in the long run.

IMHO :
low risk, medium reward -> EAC
medium risk, high reward -> NXT

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:11:39 AM

EarthCoin is just a simple clone wrapped in a nice PR campaign, see: WorldCoin. You may be able to get some short-term gains out of it by playing the market - but long-term, I wouldn't touch it.

With NXT, there's a lot of promises that have yet to be delivered on, but it has a strong community and plenty of room for growth. Since the code isn't forked from Bitcoin I think you'll see that development is much more agile. I think it's worth betting on and I've bought some myself a few weeks ago. As always, I recommend investing a small % only so you won't get burned badly if it becomes worthless, going all in would be foolish.
flipstyle (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Thanks very much for the thoughtful replies, all Smiley

I do generally echo the same sentiment as most of these replies...with all the new cryptos out there one can easily get lost amidst the junk.  But who's to say all of it won't be junk in only a few months to a year from now.

Bitcoin is quite out of reach financially right now, as I'd only be able to afford maybe a handful.  I think NXT really offers the 'excitement' out of all of them, but the POS thing really scares me.  However, even if someone decides to dump, it seems the developer community is very strong and they can keep the currency alive through new innovations. 

I think I'm going to dab a bit into nxt and wait for another new 'innovative' coin to come out.  Thanks again for the replies guys!
EvilDave

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:36:14 AM

And buy some Bitcoin, just as a backup.
Even .2 BTC could yield a few thousand dollar over the next couple of years.

There may be a day that NXT takes Bitcoin down, but that is not going to happen overnight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: