Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin Investment questions answered!  (Read 2826 times)
Viperbass (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:16:41 AM

FAQs

Q1. Why is Doge losing value with so much going for it?

A: The answer is pretty simple, it's a complete miners market for the next 44 days, which means it will be a buyers market for the next 2 months.

Q2. Why did the creators make it so all Dogecoins would be mined out in less then 18 months?

A: The intention of the coin was to get as many people as possible a chance to have a few Dogecoins. The interesting part is what's going to happen to this coin next year
when all is mined out. This will give us a indication as to what can happen to a coins value when it becomes a complete sellers market.

Q3. Last week we had a rally in Dogecoin price, why hasn't this occurred again?

A: 2 reasons, 1st a single whale was able to influence the price pressure across all 3 exchanges, this can't happen now unless a even bigger or group of whales decides they want to buy up coins.
    2nd reason was the news that overstock.com will be accepting bitcoins from middle of next year which drove up all markets.

Q4. Will we see another Rally in Doge price before the block rewards get halved?

A: This is a tough one to answer, if a site like Doge Road gets released we will definitely see price pressure to the upside, however if no new services come online for Doge we could see prices
    at 35 and with less people mining it could still make it one of the most profitable coins to mine until those block rewards are halved and multi pools find a new dumping coin.

Q5. What would Dogecoins value be right now if it wasn't the miners coin to dump?

A: 155 if no new services were added, however Dogecoin has a lot more going for it already then 90% of the altcoins out there, so the price could even get to 1000 at some point?

Q6. I bought dogecoin at a much higher value then it is now, should I sell and cut my losses.

A: What you do with your investments is up to you, personally I have removed my sell orders and will keep buying under 60 and wait about 4 months. I believe because so many people have
     access to the coin at these prices that there will be more motivation to provide additional services for it. It might end up being a coin you never want to sell. Wink

If you feel this has helped clear a few things up feel free to tip me.

DE7qXQAHKkAs2KJcvLeeBucGndcNTpSPBi

I will answer any other questions you might have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:20:48 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 01:42:05 PM by Starlightbreaker

FAQs

A: The answer is pretty simple, it's a complete miners market for the next 44 days, which means it will be a buyers market for the next 2 months.

LOL

Q2. Why did the creators make it so all Dogecoins would be mined out in less then 18 months?

A: The intention of the coin was to get as many people as possible a chance to have a few Dogecoins. The interesting part is what's going to happen to this coin next year
when all is mined out. This will give us a indication as to what can happen to a coins value when it becomes a complete sellers market.
goddamn, people taking a joke coin way too seriously.

A: 2 reasons, 1st a single whale was able to influence the price pressure across all 3 exchanges, this can't happen now unless a even bigger or group of whales decides they want to buy up coins.
    2nd reason was the news that overstock.com will be accepting bitcoins from middle of next year which drove up all markets.

Q4. Will we see another Rally in Doge price before the block rewards get halved?

A: This is a tough one to answer, if a site like Doge Road gets released we will definitely see price pressure to the upside, however if no new services come online for Doge we could see prices
    at 35 and with less people mining it could still make it one of the most profitable coins to mine until those block rewards are halved and multi pools find a new dumping coin.

Q5. What would Dogecoins value be right now if it wasn't the miners coin to dump?

A: 155 if no new services were added, however Dogecoin has a lot more going for it already then 90% of the altcoins out there, so the price could even get to 1000 at some point?

Q6. I bought dogecoin at a much higher value then it is now, should I sell and cut my losses.

A: What you do with your investments is up to you, personally I have removed my sell orders and will keep buying under 60 and wait about 4 months. I believe because so many people have
     access to the coin at these prices that there will be more motivation to provide additional services for it. It might end up being a coin you never want to sell. Wink

face, meet palm.

kiddie pool coin stays a kiddie pool coin.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:34:06 AM

As long the mainstream media pays attention to what's happening in the doge community..I'm not too worried about the price...given it's just a month old coin!! Smiley

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/bitcoin-alternative-dogecoin-hacked-21-million-coins-stolen/t/story?id=21342612&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Viperbass (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:21:48 AM

As long the mainstream media pays attention to what's happening in the doge community..I'm not too worried about the price...given it's just a month old coin!! Smiley

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/bitcoin-alternative-dogecoin-hacked-21-million-coins-stolen/t/story?id=21342612&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

I agree, buy now and come back in 4 months or just keep buying at low prices.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:38:58 PM

Its nice to see a serious post about Doge. Forum trolls with comments like "joke coin" "scam coin" "shit coin" "LOL" add no counter argument whatsoever, so its just teeny bopper shit talk.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:02:00 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 01:37:14 PM by Starlightbreaker

i'm not mad.

it's just funny that seeing people thinking that dogecoin might have a chance and increase its value 1000x or more.

i said this before, but dogecoin is like the fisher price toys....well, "fisher price my first cryptocurrency"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

meech73

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:25:10 AM

i'm not mad.

it's just funny that seeing people thinking that dogecoin might have a chance and increase its value 1000x or more.

i said this before, but dogecoin is like the fisher price toys....well, "fisher price my first cryptocurrency"

So it is a good thing? Isn't having more people interested in Cryptocurrency a good thing?
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:27:52 AM

i'm not mad.

hes not mad but still takes ever chance he can to rage against dogecoin

topkek.jpg

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Zisef

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:58:32 AM

It is a joke, to the doges we do not take it to seriously. The doge community is huge, and is one of the most traded coins. With such a large community something is bound to happen with this coin. Much Love!
Viperbass (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

i'm not mad.

shopdoge.com

Look the more people that have access to something the more value in services for that particular product.

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:18:03 AM

Doge cant gain too much value. Why? Because BMWs for doges sold are just bought and their ownerz dont look like to be willing to sell them back for doge... I dont need long analysis for that.

+ i cant realize how somebody pays crack with dogs... Maybe if he gets really smashed. However you may buy marihuana from asian growers. They eat dogs.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:47:12 AM

i'm not mad.

Really? Then explain to us WHY. Why is Dogecoin like "fisher price toys"? Is that just your opinion or can you substantiate your thesis?

Other than your emotional opinion/belief (I hate Dogecoin cuz I just don't like it) --- tell us how Dogecoin on a technological level is inferior to Litecoin or any other alt-coin.

Perhaps Dogecoin isn't accepted in the cryptocurrency community because its concept was initially founded on a joke, but that was just the beginning.  The community surrounding and supporting it continues to grow on a daily basis. Fact -- the Reddit Dogecoin group is growing by about 1000 members a day. Is the Bitcoin group growing like that. In about 2 months the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group will surpass the Bitcoin group.

New services like ShopDoge.com are coming online. There's even a black market site solely devoted to Dogecoin that's in the works (I don't support it though because I personally don't want Dogecoin to assume the same negative image that Bitcoin acquired due to Silk Road). If that black market goes live and isn't a another scam site, then Dogecoin will increase in price.

Dogecoin continues to emerge in everyday main stream media. A Google search right now of "Dogecoin" reveals over 3 million results. The only other coins to surpass that are Bitcoin and Litecoin.  

Tell us based on facts which other coin (excluding Bitcoin & Litecoin) has what Dogecoin has going for it. Give us some numbers or something other than your conjecture based simply on your emotions.  

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:04:10 AM

i'm not mad.

Really? Then explain to us WHY. Why is Dogecoin like "fisher price toys"? Is that just your opinion or can you substantiate your thesis?

Other than your emotional opinion/belief (I hate Dogecoin cuz I just don't like it) --- tell us how Dogecoin on a technological level is inferior to Litecoin or any other alt-coin.

Perhaps Dogecoin isn't accepted in the cryptocurrency community because its concept was initially founded on a joke, but that was just the beginning.  The community surrounding and supporting it continues to grow on a daily basis. Fact -- the Reddit Dogecoin group is growing by about 1000 members a day. Is the Bitcoin group growing like that. In about 2 months the Dogecoin sub-Reddit group will surpass the Bitcoin group.

New services like ShopDoge.com are coming online. There's even a black market site solely devoted to Dogecoin that's in the works (I don't support it though because I personally don't want Dogecoin to assume the same negative image that Bitcoin acquired due to Silk Road). If that black market goes live and isn't a another scam site, then Dogecoin will increase in price.

Dogecoin continues to emerge in everyday main stream media. A Google search right now of "Dogecoin" reveals over 3 million results. The only other coins to surpass that are Bitcoin and Litecoin.  

Tell us based on facts which other coin (excluding Bitcoin & Litecoin) has what Dogecoin has going for it. Give us some numbers or something other than your conjecture based simply on your emotions.  

look at the dogecoin subreddit.

people with no knowledge starts mining with cpu. the community is there, basically handholding new people.
yeah, it's a good intro to crypto, that's why it's like fisher price toys for cryptos.

fine, you don't like fisher price? kiddie pool coin.

aside from that, not much.

i use it for pump and dump, that's it. had it's peak at 150 a week or two ago, now it's down to 56..i'm hoping it can go lower so i can buy plenty.

if it goes up again, good, i can dump more.

no hard feelings, all altcoins except ltc are the same for me. mine plenty then dump afterwards.

BitchCoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:30:14 AM

FAQs

LOL

goddamn, people taking a joke coin way too seriously.

face, meet palm.

kiddie pool coin stays a kiddie pool coin.

You missed the boat.
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:30:22 AM

i'm not mad.

look at the dogecoin subreddit.

people with no knowledge starts mining with cpu. the community is there, basically handholding new people.
yeah, it's a good intro to crypto, that's why it's like fisher price toys for cryptos.

fine, you don't like fisher price? kiddie pool coin.

aside from that, not much.

i use it for pump and dump, that's it. had it's peak at 150 a week or two ago, now it's down to 56..i'm hoping it can go lower so i can buy plenty.

if it goes up again, good, i can dump more.

no hard feelings, all altcoins except ltc are the same for me. mine plenty then dump afterwards.

For cryptocurrencies to succeed and for Bitcoin to become mainstream and be used on Amazon, FaceBook, etc. the average person has to understand its utility and functionality.

So how will the average person come to understand cryptocurrency when those who currently use it thumb their noses at any attempt (statements such as joke coin, fisher price, kiddie pool coin) to bring the average person into the community.

Wasn't your entry into Bitcoin similar or did you wake up with a complete understanding of Bitcoin.

We have a great opportunity before us with Dogecoin.  It can bring cryptocurrency into the mainstream which will be a success for all cryptos, not just Dogecoin.

Happy New Year & I wish you the best.
2014 Year of the Doge.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Viperbass (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:36:42 PM

With the dogecoin price starting to look more like the stock market crash in 2008, this post I made days ago should hopefully help you decide if you should buy/sell or hold.
bigfish321

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:22:10 PM

i didn't realize all the coins would be mined in 18 months. what percentage do you mean by all? how do we know they will still be profitable to mine by then?
LushVixen

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:11:21 AM

doge much tired
Luposian

Activity: 161

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:05:26 PM

I'm mining 1,500 Doge/day on a quad-core Athlon II system with a Radeon 6450HD card.  I'm throwing my laptop into the mix as well.  I now have over 13,000 Doge.  Even if that is the only source of Doge I have, if the price ever hits $1.00... I'm going to be a very happy person.  I don't look at it as 1,500 Doge/day... I look at it as $1,500.00/day.  Always look to the goal you want to achieve, to get where you want to be.  Stop staring at your feet, you'll never go anywhere.  Just running in place.

The question is... can you risk NOT investing, when prices are so low (I already have 1M of another coin that was FDO (Four Digits Out))?  As the price goes up, the window of opportunity grows smaller.  At 0.00050, it costs $50 to get 100,000.  It costs $500.00 to get a million.  If you wait til it gets to 0.001, it now costs $100 to get 100,000 and $1,000 to get a million.

Buy in now, and sit on it.  It will be cheap enough to afford to lose, if nothing happens, but it will be the cheapest entry point you ever had, if it... goes to the moon!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: