Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have Sub-forums here?  (Read 1134 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:06:35 PM

In a manner of seconds, things scroll off the first page. It makes finding even relatively new topics difficult. In the short time it took me to write this short post, the post I had just read is 3/4 of the way down the page!

There are many threads here relating to new Cryptos, their creation, support, software, etc. They need their own sub-forum.
Their are threads just posing questions in general, they should not be grouped with the above.
And perhaps a couple of other sub forums as well, ideas?

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
epinay

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:07:45 PM

agree
the_coinhunter

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:08:38 PM

In a manner of seconds, things scroll off the first page. It makes finding even relatively new topics difficult. In the short time it took me to write this short post, the post I had just read is 3/4 of the way down the page!

There are many threads here relating to new Cryptos, their creation, support, software, etc. They need their own sub-forum.
Their are threads just posing questions in general, they should not be grouped with the above.

Thanks,
IAS

+1

KingGoon

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:08:55 PM

giveaways,pools etc can move to some of these coins their own forum  Smiley

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:10:23 PM

Thanks,
IAS

This issue is being discussed here reguarly since months. Answer is always the same.
necrodiety

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:11:27 PM

I agree.  Sub cats for ANN would be great
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:22:48 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 01:53:30 PM by Its About Sharing

Thanks,
IAS

This issue is being discussed here reguarly since months. Answer is always the same.

I (by far) hold BTC. But I really wonder if they want the alts to be sort of "on their own", disorganized, hard to follow, etc., here?

I think the current setup, makes it incredibly hard to find topics and such.

There are no child boards (sub-forums) here at all. Consider this:

There are over 600,000 posts here, and over 19,000 Topics. That is almost 2X as much as the main BTC forum with 4 child boards.
Mining has maybe 15% more yet has 5 child boards.
Marketplace, which is already a sub forum of Economics, has over 700k posts and has 9 Child boards.

See where this is going? It makes no sense, or does it?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:23:18 PM

Thanks,
IAS

+1

[ANN]Coins with own sub Pools
Giveaways
Marketplace with sub complaints and trader feedback

would be great sub forums.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:20:48 PM

Wouldn't child-boards/sub-forums make life a lot easier on the mod as well?

Mod, you out there?  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
KingGoon

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:23:12 PM

dont think so  Undecided they the ones having to clean all the topics posted in the wrong areas

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
BlackShadowX1

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:23:41 PM

Free giveaways should have own thread imo
terrynova

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:24:22 PM

Upvote
dejikocv

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:26:30 PM

I agree. At this moment, this forum is a little confusing.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:37:12 PM

dont think so  Undecided they the ones having to clean all the topics posted in the wrong areas

It is much easier to organize some organization than it is to police disorganization imo.

In the time it takes to post this, the thread immediately preceding it is around half way down the first page. How can 1 mod possibly keep this forum in order? It just isn't possible.
And with the growing amount of posts, it is just going to get worse.

BTC = Black Swan.
publicstalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

this was discussed before. Alternate cryptocurrencies is a TRASH CAN! They just create this subforum to not pollute the main bitcoin discussion. So, no they will not create any subforum here!
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

this was discussed before. Alternate cryptocurrencies is a TRASH CAN! They just create this subforum to not pollute the main bitcoin discussion. So, no they will not create any subforum here!

Come on, be reasonable and don't let emotion (e.g. "Trash Can") guide you. Just look at the amount money flowing in to the alts. To think that BTC is the end all, is a bit ignorant and if nothing else, it is much to early to say. The answer will come in time, and thus far it looks like there will be at least 3-5 viable alternative Cryptos - and that is smart. 

LTC alone has a Market Cap of 600 million. Don't discount this.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

So, to ask for some order on this disordered forum is a fair and needed request.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:56:22 PM

Same topic yesterday, suggestion made was.....
publicstalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

they are correct this is bitcoin forum not alt coins. People could create a forum for alts instead of using this one!
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:30:13 PM

Thanks, I am not sure I knew of that forum. And of course I never saw that thread, if it was on this forum, because, by now, it is 30 pages down...

Anyway, we have this alt sub-forum here. I like bitcointalk.org and don't really want to go elsewhere. Why not just better organize this sub-forum? Who does it hurt?
Just seems like the logical next step...

BTC = Black Swan.
MassimoJee

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

+1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: