Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: film maker new to btc looking for info  (Read 672 times)
Che_Gevalia (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:46:04 PM

This is my first posting so may I start by saying thank you to all the moderators of this forum, all the miners out there and everyone else doing their bit to make BTC a viable contender for a truly valuable global currency.

I'm a video editor based in the UK planning to do a piece enlightening people to btc. I am looking for some good websites to pull information from re bitcoin, what it is, how it can be bought, sold, traded from a consumer point of view and from a retailer wanting to accept bit coins, especially fees concerned. Given that most city councils use Crapita for online payments I'm interested in fees for accepting bitcoin payments and then conversion to local currencies.

I also need to use the official bitcoin logo for a graphic sequence. I guess someone out there actually owns the copyright to this?

Despite watching Max Keiser for the last couple of years finances meant I was a little late and I took my first dip into buying bitcoins, well 0.07btc actually, late 2013 using Blockchain and bit bargain.co.uk
It seems easy enough to buy them but I am really wanting to fully understand it so that my film is as informative as it can be. I'll be trawling this forum for info but as I have to post to build up credibility and getting over being a newb I thought I'd ask for any good links to websites out there please.
Also can anyone explain to me what the smaller units of btc are called please? do I own 70 mBTC ?

I'm based in the Nottingham, East Midlands so if there are any pro's out there who would be willing to meet up early 2014 and help me understand more, and possibly speak on camera about BTC I would be very pleased to hear from you.

All the best for 2014 and thank you.

15QyJCBVnTYjPkXpNDAPYgDy8P8AZJfTH4
Autobot

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:01:34 PM

If you haven't already, I would start here to get up to speed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15918.0

The links in that first post should be a good bit of reading and get you started in the right direction.As for the copyright question, I am not sure. From what I have read it looks like you may be able to make use of graphics that are made available to the public domain (or any free use license) without issues but do not take my word on that.

Check the following thread for discussion on the graphics and copyright/trademark issues https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128254.0
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:07:04 PM

You could contact the Bitcoin Foundation.
They should be able to help you with getting information.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:21:06 PM

These guys look like the big news in UK bitcoin in the near future...

http://www.bitprice.com/

They're the ones that talked the government out of charging VAT on purchase of bitcoin (Still due on goods as if paid for with pounds of course)

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Che_Gevalia (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

Thanks for the replies so far folks. Never thought to think they'd be a foundation overseeing bit coin.., and a slick looking magazine!!
also great introduction on bitcointalk, especially the analogy of it being like your cash in pocket but each note has a 100 combination locks on.
government must be wiser than i thought trying to slap on vat!!
plenty of good reading ahead!
all the best folks. and thanks again
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:28:00 PM

Bitcoin isn't copyrighted ? all the best too i have a BTC address too
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 02:57:26 PM

I would like to be featured

Che_Gevalia (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:17:28 PM

Hi Bitpop,

Cool name. Are you local to Nottingham area at all?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 01:34:42 PM

Hi Bitpop,

Cool name. Are you local to Nottingham area at all?

No far from it

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:49:33 AM

Sorry I'm cancelling my participation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: