Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CDNcoin] CPU only, Fast tx, * NO PREMINE *, prime algo, from China | Offic  (Read 20245 times)
gtac01

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:45:03 PM

This coin is blowing up in china, diff is skyrocketing
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:58:41 PM

My last block was found 1 hour ago. With 6990,6950 anfd 3970x.

There is a primecoin GPU miner? Since when? Please post a link to the miner if its public. Thnx.
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:17:17 PM

Yes it seems to be going that way.

You can use smelter to GPU mine this
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:23:26 PM

If this is really skyrocketing in China we should get a pool going. The miners that are available for primecoin are likely a lot better than the windows-qt that was supplied.
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

Can you pool mine a CPU coin ? Be good idea if you can to get a pool going.

A lot people missed the launch of this is western countries. China on the other hand have kept this one quiet. Diff is going up expotionally so they must be chucking a lot CPUs at it.

I got a small piece of the pie, since 12 hours ago I managed to get 2500, but I'll keep going as I'm still finding blocks a lot less frequent though. Rewards going down too.

MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:32:52 PM

I managed to get some as well and I'm also going to keep mining this. The only other primecoin fork, datacoin is now worth $0.54 each. So this could be valuable. Datacoin does have some ingenuity going for it. I'm hoping the mass chinese adoption is enough to get this one on exchanges.
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:37:50 PM

What CPU are you using? It could be quite successful if china do embrace it as their own bicoin which so far is looking positive.

Isn't there something in this version of that uses all the nodes to calculate climate change.. there's not much info ATM to westners but they won't be able to keep things quiet for much longer, sneaky feckers the chinese keeping this one on the qt
kasparov

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:54:54 PM

Yes it seems to be going that way.

You can use smelter to GPU mine this

smelter is use for mine the coins base on Quark
this coin is base on XPM, so smelter is invalid
jayguar

Merit: 526

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

What happened to the cdncoin.org website?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

Ah I see. Smelter connected to the wallet OK and seemed to be hashing. But I can't tell if it was smelter or my CPU that found the blocks
rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

Hacked I would say.. could be some Chinese gang... they want this coin for themselfs
sugarkey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Hacked I would say.. could be some Chinese gang... they want this coin for themselfs

nahh..it's the dev,  he want setup a forum for this coin.

CDNcoin now is really hot in China.
sugarkey

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:26:01 PM

this coin's Source Code:https://github.com/cdncoin/cdncoin
sugarkey

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Anyone knows of a good source for poolsoftware ? We would love to install a pool asap.

this one would be fine

Hi,
I've just updated the source at https://github.com/hg5fm/jhPrimeminer with some fixes related to what MrMagic suggested in his previous post.
Now the miner will accept "-getwork" command line parameter that can be used to do the classic solo mining using datacoin wallet and getwork protocol. It also should have some fix that may prevent the wallet crashing problem reported by some users.
A precompiled binary can be found here: https://mega.co.nz/#!mRMnSAwC!ZoAHgBVIMIOthnRQOq9ukRWWz-hvayNyshB1oXpHcXU
Compiling the source can be done using Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013 or by installing the Windows SDK.
If someone doesn't want to install Visual Studio here is a little guide to compile it with windows SDK.
1. Download and install the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279
2. Download and extract the jhPrimeminer source code from: https://github.com/hg5fm/jhPrimeminer/archive/master.zip
3. Open the "Windows SDK 7.1 Command Prompt"
4. Change the current directory to the extracted jhPrimeminer source location, for example:
Code:
cd C:\jhPrimeminer-master\src
5. Compile the miner with the following command:
Code:
msbuild primecoinMiner-vs2010.sln /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Release;Platform=x64
The jhPrimeminer.exe will be located under C:\jhPrimeminer-master\src\bin\ directory
In order to run it you will need also the mpir.dll which depends on MS Visual C++ runtime. One can be found in the jhPrimeminer-v8.2.zip mentioned above.
6. Run the miner
Code:
jhPrimeminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:11777 -u datacoinrpc -p rpcpassword -getwork
Of course replace the username and password with your values specified in the wallet's datacoin.conf

You may want to test that your miner and configuration works well using the datacoin  testnet network where the difficulty is very low so you can find block easily.
In order to do this run the latest wallet (I've compiled form the latest code today, earlier versions may not work on testnet) with the following command:
Code:
datacoin-qt.exe -testnet -rpcuser=datacoinrpc -rpcpassword=rpcpassword -rpcallowip=*.*.*.* -rpcport=11776
Then run the miner:
Code:
jhPrimeminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:11776 -u datacoinrpc -p rpcpassword -getwork

Regarding to building the miner with different compilation flags targeting some CPU features like AVX, SSE3, SSE4, etc., I've found no significant performance improvement in my tests.
More important is the version of the mpir.dll that is used by the miner which can lead to 20-30% improvements with specific CPUs.
A package of some precompiled mpir.dll can be found here:  https://mega.co.nz/#!DMdBCSII!ZYAYTzxeNJu_JzKVpUFNa01ehTYfHQHH_leijY28wbQ

I've also tried to solo mine datacoins with one of the Linux port of the jhPrimeminer that was forked form https://github.com/hg5fm/jhPrimeminer at an earlier stage. It should support getwork protocol but  looks like it is broken now. I'm working on the fix and will post and update when I have something.

rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

would jhminer be better to mine this than the built in miner in the cdncoin wallet? using the proglimit flag -1 all 12 cores of my 3970x are used 100% and has been finding blocks since i started 12 hours ago
Jsnow

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:47:11 PM

There will be a pool for this one??
I know I already missed the train but would still be nice to mine some..
compwindsor

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:49:12 PM

I am a vely waly of this a coin

I wourd not be suplised if I downroad your crient and get a da vilus in a my compyuuta.

Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 4183 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:54:43 PM

>2014
>trusting chinks not to premine and/or backdoor the wallet
>topkek

rocketron

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

its clean, i scanned multiple times with diff scanners, its a risk i will take as this could be a huge coin, its already rocketing in difficulty. could be embraced as china's version of bitcoin
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:03:32 PM

Anyone knows of a good source for poolsoftware ? We would love to install a pool asap.

Oh yeah, looking forward to that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: