Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 10:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AU (Australian) Pool Servers  (Read 590 times)
SkyStation (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:46:38 PM

Hi Everybody!

http://youcrazy.me

First apologies for site, I'm a systems/networking person, making something look good is not in my skill set (I put together stuff that works, generally looking good doesn't matter).

Also what is currently up is 'first gen' stuff, new system going online will be better & be able to retain IP address, current shares & payouts (probably a short (30-60min) maintenance window during change-over

I have been setting up a few pool servers in Australia, have been mining for some time personally, Ihave some SHA256 ASIC miners but am currently focusing on scrypt mining and having something local to mine against has been something I desire so have done it myself  Wink.

There are some coins available (currently Galaxycoin, Grandcoin, Mooncoin & Xencoin) running off MPOS code.

There will be more (like around 20 different coins mining myself on miner at home), just a matter of wrangling the resources to run them all, current servers running in Brisbane, have new system going online next week that will be able to handle much more & a system in SJC (near landing point of Southern Cross Cable Network so still decent for AU miners) with ample resources I can use.

I am a network engineer so looking at placing them to get best network connectivity for the pool servers, in Australia, Brisbane is not ideal (Sydney would be slightly better but desire to spend fees taken to pay for space there).

1% fee on servers, taken as desire to improve the services and use my networking skills to improve and then hopefully offer something unique.

Would love to see some of the servers become profitable and be able to improve them further, first step would be making them better for Australian users and then look at giving them global reach to provide the best performance for everyone.
Hypnoise

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:59:11 PM

you may do better with 0% commission and derive profit from co-minig alts. Biggest pool at the moment ghash.io was doing just that. Now they have 0% fee and paying 3 co-mining altcoins to miners too. But that is private pool.  Sort of bench mark.

SkyStation (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:21:21 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 05:47:41 PM by SkyStation

May I ask what you mean by co-mining alts?

To me that sounds like redirecting a users hashing power to a different coin and paying out on the base coin.

I have my own mining rigs making programmed decisions on what to mine and may offer a port for similar functionality (either paid out in their coin of choice of a mix of what actually mined) later but current front-ends are for a single coin, I would not feel right in having someone thinking they were mining one coin and having back-end doing something different without their knowledge or permission.

EDIT: Ok, I took the bait and responded, after looking at site (which should have done first), appears just trolled to give advertising to some other operation.

Have not signed up but what was suggested basically looks like a SHA256 hosted mining (not even scrypt as currently working on) platform with an attached exchange, no 'co-mining' (maybe co-mining means hosted mining?)
Hypnoise

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:49:36 PM

there is few alt coins which can be mined same time with bitcoins and do not affect mining of bitcoins.

ghash.io mining now same time with bitcoins :    NMC,   IXC,   DVC

if you will offer stable 100% up time pool with 0% fee, it may work.  And keep those alts for your self as fee. Just make it clear to miners that you are doing it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: