Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin a good alternative to bitcoin for newcomers.  (Read 525 times)
NextGenBit (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:58:28 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 06:11:02 PM by NextGenBit

Hi, like many of you I joined the bitcoin community a little late and really can't afford to hop in the mining game . Sure I still do sites like BitVisitor for that little extra maybe that will payoff one day (I doubt it, keeps me occupied when I'm not busy at work.) but I have stumbled upon ltc which is easier to mine for people that don't want to purchase the expensive asic units to keep up with the btc craze. It's easy to get started here are a few links to other threads in the forum  as well as some free ltc sites, hope this helps.

Here is a pool (instructions on the site to set up): WeMineltc
Here are some help threads (Unfortunately I have nvidia cards so I use cudaminer here is a link for helping get the most out of your nvidia cards): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0
Litecoin4you ltc faucet

This isn't very in depth so if anyone needs help let me know, and I'll try to the best of my ability.
edit: Here is a link to a simple rig construction LTCminingRig

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ltcmining

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

I started a few weeks ago (intending to start mining BTC 2 years ago when I downloaded the client, but didn't know how to do mining in a pool).
I just hopped into LTC mining at mining4all.eu so I'd get some experience even though my machines are all underpowered.

Can anyone suggest a minimum kHash rate they'd mine with before giving up on a particular CPU or graphics card? I'd once found a calculator listing various CPUs that might be worthwhile, but have not found that link lately, does anyone have a good page to suggest?
NextGenBit (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:34:50 PM

You  can't rely on cpu mining it just isn't practical anymore, your cpu really is of no consequence as long as you have a decent one. GPU on the other hand is where all the work is done, I recommend amd 7950 cards they are a bit pricy now a days, so an alternative is the next gen up which still use the same architecture.

Check out my simple rig construction link above it will tell you everything you need
I wouldn't recommend buying the cards off of amazon though, you can find brand new cards cheaper at newegg.com
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:32:56 PM

give me a ltc faucet NextGenBit i want to have 1 ltc too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: