Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 09:17:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello again...  (Read 1393 times)
ddk4642 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

Hello; it's been about six months since my last post, so I thought I'd pop back.

You may remember an 80,000-word-long piece of (quote) "mindless drivel" (unquote) called 'The Diary of Dan' being posted back in June of this year by a member named 'matt4444'. That drivel was in fact a diary I myself had kept from 2009 through to 2010 and sporadically from then until 2013. I had no intention whatsoever of it ending up here. In short, 'matt4444' - whose name is Matthew Warne - forced me to hand over to him some of my literary works and, in time, this diary, so that he could reach the milestone of 80,000 words and thus receive an amount of Devcoins. Or something like that; throughout the spring and summer of 2013, he would make me do repetitive, meaningless tasks with no end in sight, and no reward for me, so that he could profit in bitcoin and devcoin. I didn't really have a clue what 'we' were doing, but I was being throttled and otherwise physically abused on a regular basis by 'matt4444', so I went along with it.

After the humiliation of the ridicule my diary received here, I was then forced to write an explanation, but was forbidden from revealing the true nature of the work. I had to call it a work of fiction, written as if I was in someone else's shoes, blah, blah, and so on. So not only was my work paraded for ridicule by members of the public-at-large, but I was also forced to effectively disown it.

Matthew also published some of my literary works on the Devtome website in order to earn Devcoins, none of which I consented or consent to, and claimed these works as his own. They are not, in any way, shape or form.

So on my return I would like to warn you of the dangers of interacting with 'matt4444', because I have never encountered a worse person in my entire life; this man is an abusive, narcissistic, callous liar, and will attempt to profit from you in any way he can.

I would also like to withdraw any apology I ever made for 'the Diary of Dan' - regardless of what anybody else thinks of it, I am proud to call it mine.

Finally - I do not consent, and have never consented, to my works being published on the Devtome website - those being:

- 'Deal or No Deal (UK TV show)'
- 'By the Black of the Night and the Pale of the Day (Poem)'
- 'Ephemeral Suicide (Poem)'
- 'If I - (Poem)'
- 'No. 6 (Poem)'
- 'No. 7 (Poem)'
- 'This Being An Ode To A Man Whom I Once Knew (Poem)'
- She (Poem)
- The Story of Mr Muckerell (Story)
- For (Poem)
- Contemplations of the Ending of Life (Poem)
- Forton Lake Photography Project
- And We Rest Here (Poem)
- Forton Lake Photography Project (Part 2)
- A Typical Evening With You (Poem)
- Comparison Of The Presentation Of Women In "Salome" (1996) And "The Laboratory" (1842)
- Ode to Memory (Poem)
- Thoughts on 'The Bridge' by Eric Steel (2006)

I would therefore ask that if there is any way these works can be removed from the website, that this takes place promptly.

I hope that my experience with 'matt4444' can serve as a warning to others that with some people, all is not always as it seems.

Happy New Year to all.

- ddk4642
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:00:11 PM

Finally - I do not consent, and have never consented, to my works being published on the Devtome website - those being:

- 'Deal or No Deal (UK TV show)'

You invented deal or no deal?
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:44:18 PM

Hello; ddk4642 and because i have never encountered a worse person you are welcome
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 02:56:30 PM

Link to diary?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: