Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Lurker Finally Posting  (Read 705 times)
KosherBacon (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:01:57 PM

Hi,

I've been lurking on these forums for months, reading tutorials etc. I am finally posting because I finally wanted to post on something. I mine alt currencies (scrypt based), and have been working on setting up a couple of mining pools. I'm working on WDC, GDC, GLC, and DOGE right now. If anyone is interested, I can PM a link (I think, after this newbie stuff gets figured out). As a sidenote, I have been having trouble actually finding blocks; MPOS reports that I am doing about 250% of the work (continuous) needed to find a block, any ideas? Regardless, have to post here first, enjoy!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:07:57 PM

Hi,

If anyone is interested, I can PM a link (I think, after this newbie stuff gets figured out).

You need ten posts to PM.
KosherBacon (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

Wink Hence, when I get this newbie stuff figured out.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

are you a programmer ? setting up script pools ?
KosherBacon (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:29:52 PM

To some extent. I am proficient in Java, and learning Python and Javascript. That said I am setting up scrypt pools, and haven't found it very difficult. I have narrowed down a system to get it working. When I started, I actually picked up a fairly high end server for free. 2*Xeon 8 cores, 48GB RAM, 16*72GB HDDs, and a bit more. Installed some solid VPS software, and have been rocking with it ever since. Before I make any of the pools public, I've been testing them out. So far I have been having block finding issues like stated in the OP, it's weird, I have done about 300% (non-stop work) on GDC, but still nothing. I know that this isn't that uncommon, but it's weird, I also got this on WDC.
YourNerdyJoe

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:29:35 PM

If you're the only one on the pool, since it's not public, then you are basically solo mining and may need more hashing power to find blocks.
Try getting some friends to join and see if that helps.

Been lurking on these forums for a few months myself and would've made an account back then if I knew I would be restricted to the noob section.
oh well, hope this helps Smiley
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:18:00 AM

Are you looking for help ? its possible to specify
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

I just wanted to know how to make scrypt pools
YourNerdyJoe

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:52:17 AM

I just wanted to know how to make scrypt pools
If you want to make a pool you could install something like this on your server.
https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos
There's a link to a nice getting started guide further down the page for Ubuntu 12.04.
I've never made a pool but have used many that use it (I think the OP was referring to this)
AstralWonder

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:04:47 AM

gratz ;p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: