Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: R9 290 problem please help  (Read 808 times)
Herschy (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:15:08 PM

Hi

I bought 2 r9 290 a few weeks ago and I can only get 510 kh/s if I set my intensity above 13 I start getting a lot of HW also if I get my TC above 8192 I get a error 04 gpu failure.

Please help

thanks

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Herschy (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:28:42 AM

Anyone please?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
frostamation

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:36:27 PM

might be of help, my cards are all 290x version and they are each different brands(asus,xfx, ect ect)
When i first started the rig with each card i could never go over 8192 for TC after 2 days of wtf i finally striped the rig down and formated my ssd and reinstalled fresh windows 8. updated all drivers and made sure my bios was gtg then ONLY installed what i needed: amd drivers, amd sdk, cgminer 3.5, cgwatcher ect ect. i also installed google chrome but thats because internet explorer sucks. after that i was able to increase my TC to 32768 with intensity 20 and got 950k/hs each card with no issues, i ended up turning down intensity to 19 an only lost 75k/hs overall which isnt bad to not fully maximize my cards, makes me feel better if nothing else but anyways. if you can i would backup what you need format you HD or get a fresh HD and do an install of OS of your choice then see if that changes anything. i know it seems like alot but worth a shot if you have 3 hours to kill to do everything. word of advice i learned was before i did all that i downloaded all drivers for the mobo, amd ect ect put them on a pin drive that way once i was finished with windows i just put the pin drive in and when down my list and installed reboot repeat till they were all done. hopefully this helps you out some.
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:38:12 PM

might be of help, my cards are all 290x version and they are each different brands(asus,xfx, ect ect)
When i first started the rig with each card i could never go over 8192 for TC after 2 days of wtf i finally striped the rig down and formated my ssd and reinstalled fresh windows 8. updated all drivers and made sure my bios was gtg then ONLY installed what i needed: amd drivers, amd sdk, cgminer 3.5, cgwatcher ect ect. i also installed google chrome but thats because internet explorer sucks. after that i was able to increase my TC to 32768 with intensity 20 and got 950k/hs each card with no issues, i ended up turning down intensity to 19 an only lost 75k/hs overall which isnt bad to not fully maximize my cards, makes me feel better if nothing else but anyways. if you can i would backup what you need format you HD or get a fresh HD and do an install of OS of your choice then see if that changes anything. i know it seems like alot but worth a shot if you have 3 hours to kill to do everything. word of advice i learned was before i did all that i downloaded all drivers for the mobo, amd ect ect put them on a pin drive that way once i was finished with windows i just put the pin drive in and when down my list and installed reboot repeat till they were all done. hopefully this helps you out some.
What were your clock speeds?

#Bitcoin
Greg_ory

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:41:10 PM

Try this

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o STRATUM -u WORKER -p PASS --thread-concurrency 24500 -I 18 -g 1 -w 512 --gpu-fan 70 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 947 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20
frostamation

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:54:32 PM

my clock speeds are 1500mem 980core with no under or over volting
Herschy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:02:32 AM

I will try this as soon as I can and I will let you know, I hope it helps also if I set intensity from 13 to 14 it starts getting a lot of HW.

thanks

Herschy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:03:57 AM

Try this

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o STRATUM -u WORKER -p PASS --thread-concurrency 24500 -I 18 -g 1 -w 512 --gpu-fan 70 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 947 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20

I will try this before resting everything when I get home.

Thanks

gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

A 290 should have 2560 shaders if it is not unlocked.  Try setting TC to multiples or half multiples of that to avoid HW...IDK how people come up with TC numbers, but I know this works on all my Linux rigs.  My 290 is at TC 40960 I 20.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: