Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:47:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC Fast Hash Price Drop = 64GH/s for $1K in November  (Read 3983 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:54:04 PM

Once these Fast Hash machines are as old as Radeon 6770's, we'll start comparing power efficiencies with competitors.

Fact is, electricity costs don't matter until you're struggling to crank out a few satoshis with those video cards of yours.  By this time you have already made your money, and you can toss it out.

I'll say this again, we don't even know exact GH/W at this point, but we're dealing with eASIC here.  They are a LEADING semiconductor company so why wouldn't they make their efficiency competitive?  

I'm very amazed that "american marketing" still works...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

Well I guess come the 20th to 25th or so of december I'll check back to see if same day shipping is available yet and if so consider ordering.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:25:57 AM

Well I guess come the 20th to 25th or so of december I'll check back to see if same day shipping is available yet and if so consider ordering.

-MarkM-

Wise decision.. these VMC pre-order pump clowns are amusing..

If any company had a highly profitable Bitcoin miner on hand, they would never sell it to you.  Your best bet is a preorder because your funds are going directly to the actual manufacturing of the hardware, which belongs to you as soon as its put together.  There is a much larger markup when a company has to invest their own money for inventory.  In this case however, you have directly fueled your own production for the maximum profit potential.

This guy is a riot.. 

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:37:05 AM

Yeah he basically seems to be saying the company is not actually in the mining-hardware business, they are just selling a few small pieces of their private farm at exorbitant prices to get their farm R&D and NRE paid then will be yet another private farm driving us all out of business with a farm we (aka a bunch of suckers) paid the R&D/NRE for.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:37:46 AM

-MarkM-

Consider it a christmas present lol

Yeah he basically seems to be saying the company is not actually in the mining-hardware business, they are just selling a few small pieces of their private farm at exorbitant prices to get their farm R&D and NRE paid then will be yet another private farm driving us all out of business with a farm we (aka a bunch of suckers) paid the R&D/NRE for.

-MarkM-

NRE is already paid. ~1m $ . but its already paid.

VMC sells mining equipment
ActM mines bitcoins

2 different things.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:48:11 AM

Come see me when you have a product to ship.  Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 01:18:32 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 02:30:12 AM by markm

If the up front costs are already paid why the pre-orders then?

The guy was saying earlier that no company is ever going to sell mining rigs for any less than the amount of coins they will ever mine, because it makes no sense to sell the rigs instead of mining with them.

So basically parting with any rigs is just a side-scam to help defray the cost of the company's private mining centres. Which, considering they could host their miners in places with $0.02 per KWH electricity, also means it makes no sense to sell them if mining with them at $0.02 per KWH power would rake in more money.

In short they are saying it makes no sense to be in the mining hardware business, the only business that makes sense is the actual mining business, and that only if you design and have-foundried your own chips.

I guess the big problem bitcoin mining has compared to gold etc mining is the lack of a stake. If miners needed a stake - a place to actually mine, kind of thing - then it could make sense to be in the mining hardware business because you could be in that busienss without having to own any actual gold-mines like the actual miners - of gold etc - have to do.

So maybe a new kind of stake-based mining would be a good innovation for a coin: one where to do mining at all you have to have a stake, so that hardware-only companies will no longer consider merely supplying hardware to "not make sense" compared to actually mining.

-MarkM-

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:00:54 AM

I can see your hardware is pretty ancient...<snip>

ROFL

Whatever shred of credibility you had left just went buh bye. ActM is hashing with Avalons DOOFUS. They're doing so because their own vaporware won't be around for months.

I think we're done here...keep your overpriced inefficient vaporware.

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:25:43 AM

ROFL

Whatever shred of credibility you had left just went buh bye. ActM is hashing with Avalons DOOFUS. They're doing so because their own vaporware won't be around for months.

Overpriced at $6/GH?? Are you nuts?  You're just trolling, which is very unprofessional since you're supposed to represent your company.  Where's your manners?  You are still mining with video cards and BFL singles, not just avalons.. so I can see why you're complaining about power efficiency. 

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:46:13 AM

ROFL

You are still mining with video cards and BFL singles, not just avalons.. so I can see why you're complaining about power efficiency.

Presumably you've heard of scrypt by now? ...you are aware that single sc's are more efficient than ActM's fleet of (6)Avalons correct?

You're completely out of your element here aren't you VE? Wink

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 03:32:25 AM

If the up front costs are already paid why the pre-orders then?

The guy was saying earlier that no company is ever going to sell mining rigs for any less than the amount of coins they will ever mine, because it makes no sense to sell the rigs instead of mining with them.

So basically parting with any rigs is just a side-scam to help defray the cost of the company's private mining centres. Which, considering they could host their miners in places with $0.02 per KWH electricity, also means it makes no sense to sell them if mining with them at $0.02 per KWH power would rake in more money.

In short they are saying it makes no sense to be in the mining hardware business, the only business that makes sense is the actual mining business, and that only if you design and have-foundried your own chips.

I guess the big problem bitcoin mining has compared to gold etc mining is the lack of a stake. If miners needed a stake - a place to actually mine, kind of thing - then it could make sense to be in the mining hardware business because you could be in that busienss without having to own any actual gold-mines like the actual miners - of gold etc - have to do.

So maybe a new kind of stake-based mining would be a good innovation for a coin: one where to do mining at all you have to have a stake, so that hardware-only companies will no longer consider merely supplying hardware to "not make sense" compared to actually mining.

-MarkM-

Cool  Nice catch realizing energy costs will dominate BTC mining, as they do in gold, once we reach tech equilibrium.

Another astute observation is asking 'why the pre-orders if NRE is paid?'

It takes a metric shit-ton of PCB to house the bazillion slow-ass chips ACTM made, and that's so expensive it makes NRE look cheap.

ACTM may soon sell more shares to cover the $2-$3 million expense of assembling/testing/deploying hundreds of thousands of chips onto tens of thousands of boards.

I expect this to happen because the paltry pre-orders don't even come close to enough.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:02:51 PM

So when are these due? I want to pre-order but don'tr want to wait forever...

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:08:14 PM

So when are these due? I want to pre-order but don'tr want to wait forever...

Uh.........it is December,right Huh

"Limited Availability on these units (Shipping Starts November 2013)"

"ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE WILL BE DISPLAYED UPON CHECKOUT"

Nevermind,found this:

"Availability date: 2013-12-31 "  

Having not seen any "News",not sure what to think Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
almwaysa

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:38:55 PM

My order is dated at 24-7-2013
Still there are no news of shipping.
My friend ordered from KNC and he already at 200% profits Sad

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS.BBxBFLgQ8uMKxH7UFSQo9CNVFUvD737qhy
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:04:54 AM

My order is dated at 24-7-2013
Still there are no news of shipping.
My friend ordered from KNC and he already at 200% profits Sad

What is your Order# and have you contacted VMC in regards to a shipping date? Please contact them and see where you are in the order queue. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: