Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:33:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet - Need Help  (Read 519 times)
PostMixer (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:18:11 PM

I have been mining on Slush's pool and have not taken a payout yet because I'm not exactly sure how I created the wallet address that is listed for payout on his site and I can't change it. Can I copy that wallet # into a new wallet program like multibit or something. I'm a little confused about the whole wallet thing. Any help would be deeply appreciated. And if you have any suggestions for a good wallet, I'm on MAC OSX. Thank you in advance.
Epiauri

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:43:47 AM

I have been mining on Slush's pool and have not taken a payout yet because I'm not exactly sure how I created the wallet address that is listed for payout on his site and I can't change it. Can I copy that wallet # into a new wallet program like multibit or something. I'm a little confused about the whole wallet thing. Any help would be deeply appreciated. And if you have any suggestions for a good wallet, I'm on MAC OSX. Thank you in advance.

If you use MultiBit, the first time you open it you'll get automatically a new wallet, the wallet's number can be found in tab "Request" you copy that number and you paste it on the website of Slush's pool. I prefer to use BitCoin-Qt, but sync with the network is a real pain and is terribly slow so I wouldn't recommend it, however I made my first wallet in MultiBit. You maybe didn't mine anything, therefor you didn't get any coins and no payouts, if you did mine something and got BTC and it doesn't show in transactions of your wallet software then you probably put wrong wallet number (tho I think that if you type invalid wallet number it pops out error, but I'm not sure).

If you decide to create a new wallet and you would wish to put BTC from the old one into a new one you could simply send money from the old one to the new one using MultiBit, BitCoin-Qt or Armory.

That's all the help I can give you, since I know only that about wallets. Also make sure you protect your wallet with additional software if you are using MultiBit since it has no encryption built in, BitCoin-Qt does have that option as well as backup, I never used Armory so I can't help you with that.

I hope I helped a little at least... Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: