Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:47:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Factor Authorization Question.  (Read 701 times)
taher (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

I am using two factor authorization to login many btc/ltc trading sites with google authenticator android app.
I logged into my gmail account in google authenticator app.

Question-1) I only have google authenticator installed in my one android phone. If I lost my cellphone how can I login to those trading sites? Will I be able to login with another cellphone using my google account in the google authenticator app?

Question-2) I dont login to my gmail account with two factor authorization. but if I do it later for security, then if I lost my cellphone then how can I login to my gmail account?
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 02:54:45 AM

Back up your Google Authenticator keys somewhere safe: on paper or maybe in a TrueCrypt file.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
accord01

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:36:02 AM

I'm wondering the same thing, is it the end of the world if you lose your phone?
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 02:15:02 PM

I'm wondering the same thing, is it the end of the world if you lose your phone?

Not if you've backed up your keys!

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 09:16:26 PM

How do you back up your keys?   I had the same worry, man it's scary using authenticator without having a backup but I don't know how to do it!

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 11:58:10 PM

Sites with Google Authenticator enabled offer you the key in QR and text format when you activate the 2FA. Retrieve that key, probably from the site's Security section, and note it down on paper or in a text file within a TrueCrypt.

Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:04:21 AM

I am using two factor authorization to login many btc/ltc trading sites with google authenticator android app.
I logged into my gmail account in google authenticator app.

Question-1) I only have google authenticator installed in my one android phone. If I lost my cellphone how can I login to those trading sites? Will I be able to login with another cellphone using my google account in the google authenticator app?

Question-2) I dont login to my gmail account with two factor authorization. but if I do it later for security, then if I lost my cellphone then how can I login to my gmail account?

In the Gmail account security setting you also have mobile phone authentication, you can have more than 1 phone numbers. If you lost your phone, then just recover your password using the mobile phone authentication. Then you have access to it again.
taher (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

Sites with Google Authenticator enabled offer you the key in QR and text format when you activate the 2FA. Retrieve that key, probably from the site's Security section, and note it down on paper or in a text file within a TrueCrypt.

that helps...

why there is no reputation system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: