Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Guide and Next Generation Blockchain Innovations  (Read 965 times)
jae480 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:37:45 AM

I believe a very detailed guide on how to create your very own cryptocurrency for fun or profit is something that should be created if it hasn't already!
I don't think anyone out there has done this yet. I think it should be a very detailed step by step guide so that even my grandma can create her own cryptocurrency or blockchain innovations.
I think that the more minds we have that are working towards innovation and implementation of new
cryptocurrencies the better off we all are and I'm sure we'll all learn more from each other.

Who knows perhaps someone's crazy cryptocurrency will contain the killer feature the propels the whole industry to previously unimaginable heights.

Cryptocurrency as a DAC?

What about Cryptocurrency as a multi-cellular biological organism? A dynamic organism with the potential for evolution by reproducing and natural selection?

Who know maybe Artificial Intelligence will arise through something like this...

I think innovation happens when ideas have 'sex' and sometimes people who have great ideas that can be applied somewhere out of their domain of expertise aren't applied because they don't have the technical know-how. Guides are simply meant for simplification purposes. People don't just see cryptocurrencies as 'coins' or just plain money that can be sent from point A to point B.

I personally see a similarity between cryptocurrencies and biological organisms. Each node is the equivalent to a cell in a multi-cellular organism. Each individual cell has a job to do that when combined with millions or trillions of other cells ensure the continuity of the organism. Each node in a cryptocurrency network ensures the continuity of the cryptocurrency. Do you sort of see?
Bytemaster sees cryptocurrency as a Distributed Autonomous Corporation.

I think that looking at cryptocurrency in a different way adds to innovation. Remember Bitcoin is revolutionary but it is NOT the best we can do.
Perhaps the blockchain can be used for more than just financial instruments such as DACS...

Who knows maybe we can use blockchain technology to create next generation virtual reality environments? Think of something like Second Life, only that instead of having CENTRALIZED servers creating and maintaining the virtual environment we create a DECENTRALIZED game where we have millions of nodes donating computing power.

Of course the nodes that voluntarily maintain the virtual environment would receive something in return for the computing power. They will have powerful incentives to do so.

The Bitcoin network in aggregate already surpasses the combined computing power of the Top 500 supercomputers in the world. Imagine that we could harness that much computing power to create a virtual gaming environment like Second Life. 0_0

Think of the possibilities...

Now... How do we start? LET'S DO THIS!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:23:42 PM

Blockchain can store more than just financial data and this will be useful for the gaming industry...increasing the sharing of avatars, virtual goods, etc. Players wouldn't be limited to just one virtual world, but they can transfer their online persona to any compatible world. It will be interesting to see the gaming universe develop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: