Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin National Television Commercial Contest  (Read 1687 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:41:14 AM

Good day to all,

I am going to keep this short, simple, and to the point. My local bitcoin group had a discussion about marketing bitcoin to the nation as a whole, after weeks of talks about mediums, the message, etc. we have settled on only 1 decision and that is that we are going to use T.V. as our medium and will push to launch a national bitcoin commercial. After a conference with spot runner ( a TV advertising broker ) we have settled on our "package" and have decided to run a 27 day prime-time campaign across several channels.

We are NOT seeking funding from the community for this. Most of us in our local club are more so well off with bitcoin and although in Fiat it might seem like a large purchase, for most of us who mined these bitcoin years ago, it is a small investment in a long term strategy.

After much discussion, we have decided that we ourselves are not truly entitled to by ourselves send a message on behalf of bitcoin. So we have decided to open a contest then hold a final vote.

What we are looking for is a 29 second (high def) video commercial to tell the United States about bitcoin. Our goal with this commercial is to reduce the number of people who say "HUH"? when you say the word bitcoin. Beyond that we are not placing any restriction on your message, and all entries will be accepted and considered but please remember, the purpose of this is to introduce people to what bitcoin is in 29 seconds, and hopefully the message is strong enough that we can get them to type "bitcoin" into their google search bar. .

Please refrain from asking for bounty, or payment, if you win, your ad will be on national television on someone elses' dime. that is prize enough.

Legal note: if you win this contest and your ad is chosen you will be required to sign a contract authorizing the use of the video for a national ad campaign.

Please submit your entries in the for of a direct link in this thread. We will announce the final 3 for vote on February 1st 2014.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:59:50 PM

Reserved for a quick review or potential entry
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

Reserved for a quick review or potential entry

Thanks, we look forward to your entry.

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

Come on guys, this is your chance to have something you made aired on national television to help promote bitcoin around the entire united states. We just got word from the ad broker that we will be getting ad space on Hulu as well for our commercial. Lets get some entry's submitted. Nobody is going to be able to make that perfect message better than the people who deal in bitcoin every day. How convincing do you think a message and commercial designed by some guy in a studio who does not even use bitcoin is going to be? Lets make this message count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kezzyp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:23:40 PM

Lets get real, i know your paying for the commercial and all but when it comes to making a commercial video and the best of it, something reasonable must be offered, you wont expect someone to make a video and a good one that fits the commercial and posted on the National Tv, then you ask him to sign a release form so you can also own the copyright of the video for free as well.

I think you should rethink this over again, you will for sure get profit from this in one way or another because putting up a commercial you might get a contract or TV host show to talk about bitcoin and so, while the guy who made the video sits and see it go viral and he's maybe broke..

Anyways my opinion..
ferumgard

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

I think it's a great idea, I have a business that is converting to bitcoin, but we don't have a a commercial... it would be a great opportunity for a business abroad to penetrate the American market...

Anyway, I have only a small artist agency in belgium, so I can't make a commercial anyway.. great idea though :-)

Lets get real, i know your paying for the commercial and all but when it comes to making a commercial video and the best of it, something reasonable must be offered, you wont expect someone to make a video and a good one that fits the commercial and posted on the National Tv, then you ask him to sign a release form so you can also own the copyright of the video for free as well.

I think you should rethink this over again, you will for sure get profit from this in one way or another because putting up a commercial you might get a contract or TV host show to talk about bitcoin and so, while the guy who made the video sits and see it go viral and he's maybe broke..

Anyways my opinion..

What stops anyone to copy your ad anyway? What harm can it do? if i make an advertisement, and it gets pirated and copies and shared all over the world, isn't that like free ad-time for me? They are obligated i guess for asking for a release of the commercial, otherwise i could sue them for using this commercial...

ferumgard

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:51:26 PM

Hmm please disregard my last comment, it looks like this thread isn't thrustworthy nor relevant anyway...

Can a mod lock it or something?
rarkenin

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

I strongly oppose a lock on the thread as I have an entry already nearly finished that I've put time into. I would rather risk this not being trustworthy directly over this being locked with our submission nearly complete.
ferumgard

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 01:44:28 AM

I strongly oppose a lock on the thread as I have an entry already nearly finished that I've put time into. I would rather risk this not being trustworthy directly over this being locked with our submission nearly complete.

yeah but the original poster left the forum ... if you look at his last posts he got scammed or something and blames the community (just look at his last entry on january 7th)

I wished it did continue though... but alas...
wolfeen

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:04:52 AM

Fatal threat, and Furniture I know and I working with for all you have Payment for the number, but the database has NOW exchange and if you have to execute one video for a better job and then signed to the appropriate names ask the copyright in directory.
ferumgard

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:07:33 AM

Fatal threat, and Furniture I know and I working with for all you have Payment for the number, but the database has NOW exchange and if you have to execute one video for a better job and then signed to the appropriate names ask the copyright in directory.

i'm sorry i tried to understand what you said after reading it 3 times but i still don't understand... can you re-phrase please?
rarkenin

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:46 AM

yeah but the original poster left the forum ... if you look at his last posts he got scammed or something and blames the community (just look at his last entry on january 7th)

I wished it did continue though... but alas...

Contacted OP directly using PM and email.
ferumgard

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:23:46 PM

let me know when he responds...
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:02:26 AM

Hey guy's sorry, i took a month off after dealing with 1,000 5 year olds having a dick measuring contest on another thread pissed me off. Will get back on track with this in another day or so.

rarkenin

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:01:10 AM

Thanks, I will be performing final preparation on my submission in the next few days.
rarkenin

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:20:09 PM

Due to a hard disk failure and related backup-disk failure for our render machine, we cannot provide a submission at this time.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:51:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAGwLFkEKw

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: