Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 12:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much does it cost to pay developer to build a decent mining software?  (Read 222 times)
cryptokangaroo (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

how long time may it take?
madjpm

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:59:10 AM

Simple fork of bitcoin like crypto can be really fast.
Less than a week of coding...
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

Most decent ones will tell you to buzz off as they are making a ton with a "masses" program.  Like claymore, why would he even want to make one for anyone else.  Most are this way.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
billhinge

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:13:06 PM

But a lot of cryptonight miners are just clones of existing reference algorithms to my eyes, eg blake256, keccak etc. Most of the innovation is around usability and deployment rather than optimising of mining algorithm to improve performance.

Personally I'm not bothered about logging, monitoring etc, I'd rather have a 10% faster miner or one that uses 16gb on a vega frontier. I turn the monitoring off, the only thing I look at a couple of times a day is the pool but each to their own.

Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:04:33 AM

Do you mean a new mining ap for a specific algo, or a mining OS like SMOS or Hive? Either way, I would think that there would have to be some extreme need to shell out money for a new one since so many are around.

Probably they would also make more in Dev fees from a successful miner or OS than any individual could pay them up front.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:53:52 AM

Usually, depending on the difficulty level of the program and the developer takea royalties from the program while it's running.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:06:25 AM

It depends what you need exactly,

If you are taking about a new algo and new algo miner software then it's very expensive. People like wolf0 or Claymore are very low in supply because it requires tons of OpenCL knowledge to be able to design an efficient algo.

If you just want a simple clone with a few small changes then it's pretty easy and anyone can do it. Just clone a repository and change a few parameters and run some tests.

However if you do this, depending on what algo you chose, it might be very easy to fork the current open source miner software and GPU miner will be out in the wild anyways.

To make its CPU only is very difficult.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: