Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:39:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of success do you have selling on localbitcoins ?  (Read 759 times)
BTCisthefuture (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

I was thinking of unloading some bitcoins in the near future and thought about using localbitcoins for doing so.  Was just curious what type of experience people have had on here.

Mainly I would like to know if you put some bitcoins on there at near market value (maybe slightly less or maybe slightly higher)  how quickly does it typically take you to make a sale.   If it's a situations where I could be waiting days or weeks on end to get an offer I would rather just sell through my coinbase account.

Thanks in advance!

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
coqui33

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

Do you intend to become a regular professional trader, or is this a one-time thing for you as a customer?

If you want to become a professional trader, I would be happy offer advice. I am currently writing a walk-through for commercial trading on LBC. The two most important topics are: (1) How to accept fiat safely and (2) How to build a reputation.

On the other hand, if you just want to sell some coins, I suggest that you join localbitcoins.com and sell your bitcoins for my Paypal at: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/34960/?ch=4ja

Check my current price. It is based on Bitstamp and updates every hour.

**Immediate. Reliable. From the comfort of your desk.**

Accepting PayPal is normally risky, but I am a professional trader (buy and sell), have done many hundreds of trades for many hundreds of different customers, and enjoy a spotless reputation. I would not jeopardize my business for a few thousand dollars.

My profile and feedback: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/coqui33/?ch=4ja

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

Mainly I would like to know if you put some bitcoins on there at near market value (maybe slightly less or maybe slightly higher)  how quickly does it typically take you to make a sale.   If it's a situations where I could be waiting days or weeks on end to get an offer I would rather just sell through my coinbase account.
It's 100% dependent on your reputation.

When you're new you have to accept less profitable and more inconvenient deals in order to build your reputation.

Once you've put in the work to establish yourself as a reliable trader you can reap the benefits in the form of more preferential terms.

I can usually get a trade within a matter of minutes when I want one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: