Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ponzi Sub-Forum?????????  (Read 2141 times)
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:33:39 AM

No more ponzi games. Sad

Ponzi games are fine (I even have one in my signature). But it's annoying when people post topics announcing games that are almost identical to other games, especially when they've put almost no work into creating the game.

It would be OK for Bitcoinduit games to be advertised in replies to a single topic.
I would feel much more comfortable if there were clear rules. Perhaps restrict the number of ponzi topics a user can post per week, or necessitate "twists" in the game. Better yet, allow anybody to post any ponzi game in a designated ponzi subforum.

No matter what it done, "automated" ponzi games should not be treated any worse than those put on by an individual.

He's saying no more bidcoinduit posts from what I read.... we don't need a new post every time someone is able to post outside of the noob den.
Bitcoinduit is so popular because it works. I would feel much better about playing a ponzi game hosted with Bitcoinduit than one put together by an individual, the only documentation a Google Spreadsheet.

Bitcoinduit should be treated no worse than any other ponzi schemes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:40:07 AM

Bitcoinduit is so popular because it works. I would feel much better about playing a ponzi game hosted with Bitcoinduit than one put together by an individual, the only documentation a Google Spreadsheet.

Bitcoinduit should be treated no worse than any other ponzi schemes.

You can play all of the games on bitcoinduit that you want, but we don't need a new post every time someone "creates" their "game".  There are so many being made all the time and all it does is spam the forums.

Go create a new forum for advertising bitcoinduit games if you want.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12976

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:45:39 AM

Quote from: Cory
No matter what it done, "automated" ponzi games should not be treated any worse than those put on by an individual.

Automated games are maybe no better than simple spreadsheet games, but games with their own domain names are better, and they should stand out. If I create a Ponzi category, the high-quality sites will still be drowned out by low-quality games.

I could create a category just for simple, no-work games, but would anyone really read that section? Many of the Bitcoinduit topics have only 0-2 replies.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:50:34 AM

No need to create yet another forum... alternate fora seem to be popping up all the time anyway.

http://www.bitcoinboard.com
http://www.bitcoin-board.com
http://www.bitcoinforums.net
Cory

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:51:04 AM

You can play all of the games on bitcoinduit that you want, but we don't need a new post every time someone "creates" their "game".  There are so many being made all the time and all it does is spam the forums.
I think we do need a new post every time somebody creates a game. How else will others know about it? It is far too ambiguous to decide what makes a game "good enough", since that's so subjective; that only opens the doors for abuse. We need clear, straightforward policies in order to maintain a functional forum.

That's exactly what I'm rooting for. Since it seems some people are bothered by the lack of gambling variety, a ponzi subforum should be put into place so the main gambling subforum can be used for other types of games.

It is very important to me that this forum stays as free (as in freedom Wink) as possible, as outlined in the forum moderation policy.
Cory

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:57:21 AM

Quote from: Cory

Automated games are maybe no better than simple spreadsheet games, but games with their own domain names are better, and they should stand out. If I create a Ponzi category, the high-quality sites will still be drowned out by low-quality games.

I could create a category just for simple, no-work games, but would anyone really read that section? Many of the Bitcoinduit topics have only 0-2 replies.
Games with their own domain names, like Bitcoinduit and Bitcatch, are indeed often better! I think that if you created a ponzi category, the high-quality games would stand from the low-quality ones because they would get more replies and would remain near the top of the subforum. If "no-work" ponzis are banned, it only follows that all ponzis should be banned. Policies must be consistent.

I don't have a problem with all of the ponzis being posted in the main gambling subforum, either. The ponzi subforum would only be to please those who do. And I would read that section. Wink
alkhdaniel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:09:32 AM

I'm pretty sure this is what theymos means (sorry if i'm horribly incorrect):

Once upon a time, when bitcoinduit/bitcatch "create game" feature didn't exist, people had to host their own games. Advertising your game during that time was not considered spam because the only possible way to find those games were through the forum. It did however start to get bad with the google docs ones just before bitcoinduit came around, imo.

Now, all of the games are hosted by either bitcoinduit or bitcatch. This means they can be viewed simply by going to these sites, which everyone who plays ponzi already knows about. Those who don't know about the sites should be able to find the site in the gambling section, not see spam of all the games hosted on it. Much like bitcatch didn't create a new thread for every new round back in the days.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:40:15 PM

I have posted a policy post about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39621.0

Cory

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:44:33 AM

I have posted a policy post about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39621.0
Thanks, Maged! I am very satisfied with how this was dealt with. I love how the administration discusses these types of things with the user base. The new policy is very reasonable. Keep up the great work! :D
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: