Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Fury (nano fury) support thread.  (Read 11757 times)
suzukii

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

Thanks for the responses.
Hi vs3, I did read the previous threads. I have posts on this thread on the previous pages. I believe some of the previous suggestions mentioned something about slowing down my USB ports to 1.1 speeds. This isn't something I'm looking to do.  I do have another hub with 80Gh/s worth of ButterflyLabs miners connected to one of the R-Pi's USB ports on the same Raspberry Pi working just fine and slowing down the USB hubs isn't a viable option for me.

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

It it's works good under Windows 7 why are you messing with it?

There is a saying, if it's not broke why try and fix it? Smiley

smoothrunnings

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:22:51 PM

Thanks for the responses.
Hi vs3, I did read the previous threads. I have posts on this thread on the previous pages. I believe some of the previous suggestions mentioned something about slowing down my USB ports to 1.1 speeds. This isn't something I'm looking to do.  I do have another hub with 80Gh/s worth of ButterflyLabs miners connected to one of the R-Pi's USB ports on the same Raspberry Pi working just fine and slowing down the USB hubs isn't a viable option for me.

You can't mixed Ice Furys and BFL USB miners. You need put the Ice Furys on their own machine.

suzukii

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

I even attempted to run them by themselves on the minepeon server but they won't even be identified by either cgminer v4.x or bfgminer v3.10.0.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
suzukii

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:52:22 PM

I would rather not have my PC running this.  My PC uses about 500w on average, the Raspberry Pi uses, what, 2 or 3 watts?

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:41:29 PM

I would rather not have my PC running this.  My PC uses about 500w on average, the Raspberry Pi uses, what, 2 or 3 watts?

I run with a zotac mini pc with win7
It is happy with 70+ usb's pulling about 50w

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
smoothrunnings

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

Then you need to buy a 2 or 3 watt computer that can run Windows 7 then. Smiley Gigabyte and Xi3 are the only manufactures that I know of that build such a beast.

suzukii

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

Then you need to buy a 2 or 3 watt computer that can run Windows 7 then. Smiley Gigabyte and Xi3 are the only manufactures that I know of that build such a beast.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Hmm, I'm off to do some reading.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:27:35 PM

I purchased 50 Units and 19 of them were damaged in shipping. Why were these not put in cases?

Please pm snoopy_nzl in regards to damaged units. He handles shipping.

You never gave me a discount for the damaged 19 units or replacement parts. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=12487

I will never purchase from you again and will tell all my friends to avoid you at all costs.

Beastlymac is a Liar and works with bad associates.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
smoothrunnings

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:45:04 AM

I purchased 50 Units and 19 of them were damaged in shipping. Why were these not put in cases?

Please pm snoopy_nzl in regards to damaged units. He handles shipping.

You never gave me a discount for the damaged 19 units or replacement parts. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=12487

I will never purchase from you again and will tell all my friends to avoid you at all costs.

Beastlymac is a Liar and works with bad associates.

Uhm, if someone stole Bitcoin's from you and it's worth the fight to go after them, why aren't you legally going after them? It's your property and to you and others it has value. So go after him.

I think people are too afraid to use the legal system to after criminals in the Bitcoin's market. But once someone does I am sure we'll start seeing a flood of people who have been hold back doing it too.
janonathon

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

Forgive my nubetude but what file do i change (and how) in order to put in the values for my ice(nano) fury? I'm only gett 1.8GH/s, and a pretty high error value as well, in bfgminer3.10.0.

Some help with control over my red fury would be cool too, it runs OK with the proper driver but on the low end of advertised speed. Remember to answer this question in a nube friendly manner if you're up for it. thank you.
snoopy_nzl

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:44:10 AM

Forgive my nubetude but what file do i change (and how) in order to put in the values for my ice(nano) fury? I'm only gett 1.8GH/s, and a pretty high error value as well, in bfgminer3.10.0.

Some help with control over my red fury would be cool too, it runs OK with the proper driver but on the low end of advertised speed. Remember to answer this question in a nube friendly manner if you're up for it. thank you.
What speed setting are you using? and what cooling are you using?
snoopy_nzl

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:51:10 AM

Uhm, if someone stole Bitcoin's from you and it's worth the fight to go after them, why aren't you legally going after them? It's your property and to you and others it has value. So go after him.

I think people are too afraid to use the legal system to after criminals in the Bitcoin's market. But once someone does I am sure we'll start seeing a flood of people who have been hold back doing it too.
a simple breakdown of communication occurred and the wrong people were engaged, an amicable resolution was reached once the right people started talking.
janonathon

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:21:23 PM

I don't know what speed setting i'm using (this is how noob we're going) my cooling is passive because it sits all by itself, sorta in the way of the air-con. It's the file which determines speed settings and what i should put in it which eludes me.

Right now this computer is running Erupters, U1's and U2's, and a Red Fury as well simply because i have my other machine with 100% Ants and this is sorta my tweakin' frankenstein computer. I could run the Ants and Erupters on another piece of software (bitminter) but the Nano Fury is probably gonna have to run alongside the red fury in bfg(which is also passively cooled as there is just one sitting wide out in the open.)

Everything else are antminers that act finicky so i got free replacements for them and this is just me trying not to waste a single H/s even if i can get them to underclock, the Erupters are there to fill in space on the hub. I hear Nano's prefer to play alone so i can go that route if i need to for trouble shooting.
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:38:08 PM

I don't know what speed setting i'm using (this is how noob we're going) my cooling is passive because it sits all by itself, sorta in the way of the air-con. It's the file which determines speed settings and what i should put in it which eludes me.

Right now this computer is running Erupters, U1's and U2's, and a Red Fury as well simply because i have my other machine with 100% Ants and this is sorta my tweakin' frankenstein computer. I could run the Ants and Erupters on another piece of software (bitminter) but the Nano Fury is probably gonna have to run alongside the red fury in bfg(which is also passively cooled as there is just one sitting wide out in the open.)

Everything else are antminers that act finicky so i got free replacements for them and this is just me trying not to waste a single H/s even if i can get them to underclock, the Erupters are there to fill in space on the hub. I hear Nano's prefer to play alone so i can go that route if i need to for trouble shooting.

Let's start by going over the stuff one piece at a time:
- what software are you using? (Win/Mac/RasPI/32/64bit/etc) and which miner (cgminer/bfgminer/etc)
- speed setting can usually be specified on the command line when you start the miner. Some of them also have options permitting you to see the current settings while everything is working. In some cases you can also change them while it's working.
- Mixing devices should be okay (even though you may still hit some USB or power or other limitations)

If for example you want to use bfgminer you could run it with the following parameters:
Code:
bfgminer.exe -o <pool_url> -u <username> -p <password> --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=50
in which example the speed is set for 50 bits (and a reminder to replace the stuff in <...> brackets)

You can experiment with various numbers until you find a combination that works for you. Usually those devices will max out at 53/54/55 bits and you'll start seeing a lot of errors. If the error rate goes over 5% that's a sign you've hit (or even exceeded) the limits.

Two things to keep in mind when overclocking:
- it will use more power - ideally budget 0.8A per bitfury chip
- it will be VERY HOT. Adding a fan will be a must. You can also add a small heatsink on top of the bitfury chip - that helps too.

Hopefully that helps! Have fun! Smiley

janonathon

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:26:56 AM

- what software are you using? (Win/Mac/RasPI/32/64bit/etc) and which miner (cgminer/bfgminer/etc)
- speed setting can usually be specified on the command line when you start the miner. Some of them also have options permitting you to see the current settings while everything is working. In some cases you can also change them while it's working.
- Mixing devices should be okay (even though you may still hit some USB or power or other limitations)

If for example you want to use bfgminer you could run it with the following parameters:
Code:
bfgminer.exe -o <pool_url> -u <username> -p <password> --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=50
in which example the speed is set for 50 bits (and a reminder to replace the stuff in <...> brackets)

[/quote]

Ok, i've seen stuff like this before. It's where i get real stuck. I'm running windows7 and bfgminer 3.10 for anything that doesn't work with bitminter's client.
Where do i see the command line or put this string in? Also can I add a line for the BPM (red fury)next to it? examples would be awesome. Thanks for all the help so far!
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 07:06:08 AM

Where do i see the command line or put this string in? Also can I add a line for the BPM (red fury)next to it? examples would be awesome. Thanks for all the help so far!

A good place to start is bfgminer's thread: https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=168174 and also the readme on github: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer

As for the other miners - you may have the most luck by asking those questions on their specific threads. I'm not sure what model and make miner do you have, so I'd prefer not to mislead you and point you to the wrong manufacturer' forum. (Just use the search option on the forums - there aren't that many manufacturers)

There are a lot of people keeping an eye on such threads and many of them have already gone through your steps and can likely help with your questions.

janonathon

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

Code:

Awesome so i did this and got the nano fury working faster, but just went in to bfgminer 3.10  then device manager and changed the oscillator value from 50 to 52, even got it with a (relatively) low error rate, nothing like zero like i've seen though but now the whole thing has given up on me and when i try to run the nanofury i just get the line
"nfy 0: BITFURY_INIT_OLDBUF:GIVING UP AFTER 4 TRIES" but it runs that all night if i let it. ALL my other miners are doing great together on bfgminer 3.10, but i am really stuck here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: