Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-01-01] Extreme Tech: Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer HashFast facing lawsuits  (Read 1136 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:32:03 PM

http://www.extremetech.com/uncategorized/173772-bitcoin-asic-manufacturer-hashfast-facing-lawsuits-over-alleged-false-advertising-fluctuating-bitcoin-prices

lol... is there a single ASIC manufacturer out there whom we can trust?  Grin

A group of Bitcoin miners that bought into the hype surrounding one particular manufacturer, HashFast, are reportedly examining legal options after the company repeatedly failed to deliver on its hardware and is only now beginning to ship products promised in October (and refusing to give full refunds). The problems illustrate many of the teething problems within the Bitcoin network, as well as the fundamental difficulty of making money by mining the cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:16:06 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 08:39:26 AM by jdbtracker

fThe most hilarious part is that  a regular  business would have told them to go fuck them themselves and go talk to their lawyers. Fuck them just innihilate them with a court order., that will finish them.

Edit: This is hilarious looks like I got hacked, didn't write this folks.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:34:37 AM

fThe most hilarious part is that  a regular  business would have told them to go fuck them themselves and go talk to their lawyers. Fuck them just innihilate them with a court order., that will finish them.

I don't know how much time it will take to get a court order. But the most shocking thing is that they are still accepting new orders.  Angry
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:10:49 PM

I don't know how much time it will take to get a court order. But the most shocking thing is that they are still accepting new orders.  Angry

Did anyone ever sue BFL?  Pretty sure they were later than a few months... and they are still accepting new orders.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
emeraldforce

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:51:20 PM

i trust kncminer they delivered on time and even accepted one of the four units as an rma and turned it around to me working in 72 hours. Not too shabby. The Saturns and Jupiters I own are churning and burning as I type. As a matter of fact those three units have not stopped mining since End of oct 2013. No I do not work for kncminer....
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

Did anyone ever sue BFL?  Pretty sure they were later than a few months... and they are still accepting new orders.

Some people did sue BFL. But their terms and conditions are tweaked in such a way that it will be ages before a positive verdict can be obtained. I was surprised too... considering that they were based in Kansas, USA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: