Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2146 times)
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:56:56 AM

It's very impossible that someone can create a software that can create an exact private key match to a certain address. You need to create a millions, billions or trillions of combinations in a seconds or minute. You need to build a super machine to do that. In the future maybe can be possible but for now it's totally impossible for that to happen. The only possible way to access and steal someones funds in a wallet is to steal it's private key. And you need to have great social engineering to make the owner provide that key to you. It's called hacking.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
ghiehhhh101

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:01:02 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

If you are not careful then they can steal your btc. But making a program is almost impossible and it just takes so much time. Hackers are more likely to get lucky making phishing sites or keyloggers and get btc that way

Yah your right bitcoin can be steal because there are many untrustworthy people whom you might not know. They are just pretending to be trustworthy, even your closest friends there are many ways of stealing it if they want.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:24:17 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Ys i am sure that any one can get your bitcoin if you did not know how to secured this my advise is dont loss your private keys or passwprd and dont click some sties that can get your acc it called phising sites because theres AZ lot of phosing sites now.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:24:54 AM

What you are saying is possible in theory but in reality as of what technology we have right now, with the combination of possible letters and number it will take forever to crack the code. Now we know that technology evolves really fast and soon we will have quantum computers available in the market. When that time comes I think that is the time cracking is possible but the security during that time is also possibly updated.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:28:01 AM

Yes,  anybody can steal your  bitcoin. If someone make a programme and make a loop around your programme and also can steal your bitcoin. For this problem you need a powerful system and a secure wallet.
I think the possibility will still exist for someone stealing your bitcoin. we are on a network where security can be hacked if you are not good at securing it. I always update my antivirus so. there will not virus come in my computer to steal my private key. I also use 2fa for my wallet and very grateful I have never gotten bitcoin theft
pawitrawijaya

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:39:15 AM

This is a dangerous thing if someone makes software that serves to find our private key.. My suggestion is we should keep our private key in a safe place.. And besides, we have to put the password on our private key, so it's not easy opened by others..
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:45:29 AM

Bitcoin stole can happen to everyone. Technology criminals can use stealth passwords and then withdraw money from your account. Keep your account safe so that you do not lose money.
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 03:51:53 AM

I think that if someone wants to steal, he will steal. It's a question of time. Will find ways. It's like with anivirusnikami. There are antiviruses will create a virus with which it can not cope. Then create another antivirus program and so the chain is not disruptive.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:54:00 AM

Yes no one can protect themselves from professional hackers if they decide to hunt you down. Even big bourses like bitfinex have hacked a few years ago and a lot of things for individuals. But as long as you do not have a large amount of Bitcoin then there is no concern from professional hackers because they only target those who have a large Bitcoin. I think you will understand why this is not possible, as you understand behind this.
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:05:28 AM

Yes they can steal your bitcoin if you are careless. You need to be careful in using your account. I heard a lot of people lose their bitcoin because they give their private key to other people, so we must be careful and not giving our account to any person we didnt know. Hackers are very smart but if you will be careful they cant see your private key because its hard to know.
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:06:00 AM

It might be but those cases are rare. Just do not click sites that are suspicious, do not give your password or passwords to anyone.
Be careful in signing in or signing up on different sites
Use two factor authentication for extra security
So there are many ways to prevent hacking. Just be cautious enough

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:12:00 AM

yes you btc can stolen if you misplace you keys or expose anything of your privacies, in other secure your self from such incident, you have to avoid some certain things.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:46:47 AM

Many people can anonymouslt steal your holdings, beware of strange links that can trace all of your information, hackers are everywhere, and if you ever encounter one be sure to keep everything private, if you work on your laptop be sure to cover that camere you have because hackers can easily breach through that, cover it with masking tape or something that will block your webcam.

Be sure to also keep your keys and password on a safe place, if hackers may able to get that, they can now easily rob your wallets.
DarrinEspacio

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:35:53 AM

i don't think it is possible but for our safety we should take necessary steps to keep our wallet save.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:12:34 AM

I see the bitcoin wallet has very high security and has a very strong encryption if your bitcoin stolen most likely the thief knows the private key you have so better strengthen your wallet security and try your wallet can connect with your smartphone device for double security.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:26:54 AM

i don't think it is possible but for our safety we should take necessary steps to keep our wallet save.
the most important step that you should not be careless in securing your wallet account and always be careful, alert when we make / save your wallet account. if you often forget to record your account on paper or you guarantee security. do not tell people we believe, sometimes people we trust can pierce us.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:32:08 AM

The algorithm that creates private key is in such that it is near impossible to duplicate the same key with a functional wallet address. The only way your bitcoins can be stolen, is the person getting the exact private keys, either through hacking or your own negligence.
jhuliacrysty

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:37:15 AM

Yes of course such a possibility exists so we should be smarter to keep our wallet safe.
Already be warned at the start of the wallet if using private key is not safe, so my suggestion you can link your wallet to your gmail or you can move your wallet to other hardware to be more secure.
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:43:07 AM

I would also advise any people mostly companies who have been victim of this kind of threat most recently.Hackers are now even working with corporates to ease this process.So my advice for everyone would be,NOT to send even 1 sats to a wallet which you are not sure to whom it might belong to.Online wallets are wallets waiting to be drained. The back end code is unknown and unseen by the public.It is the opposite of safe.

lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:03:57 AM

I think yes. Because I am one who are victim of bitcoin stealing. I had join in a big signature campaign and after the campaign was end,the campaign manager update me through email for the token profit share and token distribution. So I am trusted all the email that I received about the campaign. One night I receive an email and that contains that I need to give my private key to them and I will get another token bonus. So I sent my information including my private key then  the next day I found that my token is already lost. So be careful protect your own and private information.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: