Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:21:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2140 times)
jiniyaakter

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

This is not possible some one steal your btc  but if you are not care about your Bitcoin  you lost your bitcoin
shalaza

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:47:59 PM

Because of the security, it is not possible but i read a post here where someone said he lost 13 btc and i guess that is based on his carelessness. So, it's not entirely impossible if you are not careful.
xyzone

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:54:12 PM

If we make a mistake or go into the phishing website address most likely our btc will be lost or hackers invade the crypto exchange place.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

Hackers is one who can steal your bitcoin, they will do everything just steal somebodys btc. They send emails containing phishing links and when the target dont have any idea he/ she might be a victim of click bait.
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

It's possible if you using private key to send bitcoin,usually someone stole btc with stealing someone private key by phising site

ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:17:02 PM

Yes, they can be stolen but its nearly impossible to do that. Web wallet services are easier to hack if the security isn't taken care of. Offline wallets impossible to hack as they are stored on a computer which never goes online. The transactions are signed offline and then broadcasted on a different computer.
tensports

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

no its not possible until you show someone your private key or your computer get hack where you store your private keys there is no other way to steal your bitcoins just secure your private keys and your bitcoin will b safe
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:19:16 PM

It is very possible to steal, phishing is the one way tools to steal your bitcoin so be careful when opening any link, this is one problem here in crypto now a days, even a most secure and high level exchange site is a victim of a hack, so we are also be the responsible if our holdings being hack, so be careful, nothing here in online world are safe.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:25:31 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Yes, someone can steal you Bitcoin if you will expose your wallet address or you just click any fictitious link either thru email or text and that's what we called phishing. Hackers will get your basic information by pretending they are legible to ask things. Just be vigilant and be carefull in everything that we will do. Also, try to install google authencator that adds security features for your protection and safety.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

You can hack if you didn't observe the link that you are clicking and besides there is a lot of phishing site that once you click it you'll got hack and all your coin would be stolen and you can't recover it is better to use a ledger to store your private key to avoid being hack.
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:42:51 PM

Regards!

In the way you mentioned it, I'm sure it will be difficult for people to steal our btc even almost impossible it can happen. because I know they will usually steal through phishing, where some bitcoin owners will be fooled through the phishing so their btc wallet password will be known by the thief and then btc inside will be taken. for it is wary of phishing and must be careful in opening the website, so we are not fooled by the thieves.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:46:12 PM

Anything stolen including bitcoin, do not ever assume that the bitcoin we keep is safe, thieves always use various ways even be recognized that since the presence of bitcoin make online theft increased drastically.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
sirmitchel

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:49:05 PM

If you get careless and you get hacked, chances are your Bitcoins and other precious
data will surely get stolen and exploited. I've come across topics and cases that have
been hacked and got some coins stolen, even with security features wallets have if
users are not careful enough then the probability of stolen bitcoins will continue to
emerge over time.

░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓█      ZUFLO .io   ▌ EXCHANGE AND FINANCE      █▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░
INTEGRATED TRADING & FINANCE PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
WP   |   Telegram   Twitter   [[  Pre ICO is LIVE  ]]   Instagram   Facebook   |   ANN
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 03:49:11 PM

Based on the algorithm that generates private and public keys, the probability of such a programme delivering is infinitesimally remote. But 'never say never', especially when there is a little hole to be exploited, 'never say never'.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:52:50 PM

Regards!

The chances of collision is extremely small. Like way too small to even try it. The resources they would be spending would be tremendous and the cost would not be worth spending. Even the chances of cracking empty wallet is very high, so no one even tries to do that. Even if was actually possible, we would regularly be hearing about this and crypto currencies would not have succeeded.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
soraxas01

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

stealiing and phishing might be possible but the chances are that they would hack you is none. Keys are almost impossible to crack and bypass even retrieving lost keys are impossible.
Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:57:42 PM

I dont think so. If the person who steals a bitcoin user and that bitcoin user has a hard wallet that has a private keys it cant be possible to steal it. They cant steal anything from you. But if the person doesnt secure their bitcoin i think it is possible to steal it. So probably its a half half i think.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:00:57 PM

if you save it with keystore and you never show kprivate key to anyone, it will be safe. do not know also if his wallet site can be hacked, hopefully not.
 Wink

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

yes they can. if you have no solution to protect your wallet and computer, you will lose your coins. i always use strong password, authy and metamask to protect my wallet
True, we need authentication too for a strong security and a long password. Scammers is everywhere, if they want to steal they can do. They have many ways to steal, so better to double protect it.
seanskie18

Activity: 390

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:03:58 PM

Yes, in this critical times that hard to deal with, there's so many thieves nowadays. It is possible that bitcoin can steal because thieves can hacked any bitcoin user's accounts. But I think bitcoin provide ways to protect their bitcoin from the hackers or thieves.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: