Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2144 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:54:45 PM

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley
It could be a weakness but it's impossible for that software to guess the seed/private key of an individual. It's why satoshi is genius by thinking about private keys, usernames and passwords aren't so improving the security through making a private key is the best. There might be people who are trying to decode it out but they'll just give up because they will figure it out that it's very impossible to fetch someone's private key by just guessing all over the years.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:56:45 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Yes, It can be, like what happen In my co-workers where somebody ask him to send a payment through bitcoin system and after, all of a sudden, his bitcoin funds has lost. You could Imagine,  how the hackers do that?, Its really sad that moment and makes us moral lesson to all their friends.
ogini

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:00:16 PM

It is possible so such thing to happen, when your key is hacked,your email and your PC as a whole ,that is why we need keep our private key safe .
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:01:04 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

although how we maintain, if someone can steal the coin we have, still can. because all that is already determined by the hackers who increasingly rampant and increasingly clever.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:21:05 PM

of course it could happen if your bitcoin you store in any place and not store it in a safe place, save the private key you have given from where you store your bitcoin, I suggest to store it in safer blockchain.com .
lida311993

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:31:51 PM

Of course, if you leave your private key anywhere, confuse it with public and be inattentive, you can lose all your bitcoins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:36:15 PM

there are many ways to do this. One of the most popular and profitable methods of fraud is the use of a malicious hacker program with a demand for redemption. The extortion programs are not a new way to steal, but Bitcoin made them especially popular among hackers, thanks to the high efficiency of their decentralized payment system.
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:38:56 PM

Phishing is a widespread way of information theft, based on social engineering. There are different options for its implementation, most often for this purpose, e-mail and fake Web sites are used. Scammers try to force the victim to share information about their bitcoins with them, for example, they are asked to indicate their login and password to the online wallet. Often, such requests come in electronic messages that look like an official letter or with the help of domain names that are very similar to the address of this site.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:49:43 PM

Although it seems impossible that someone could steal bitcoin, but we often hear bitcoin stolen, of course thieves use various creative ways and I also experienced it, I lost 0.65 btc because there is a malicious program that infiltrated via email link.
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:28:56 AM

The private key is made for security, Every code is unique and the possibility of stealing is very small if you are the one who lost your private key or even forgot it, then I think the loss of ignoring or losing it by sharing your private key to someone is the same as actually same. I think it's better to choose to lose with the possibility you can not remember than stolen.
gates

Activity: 167

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:49:31 AM

The risks are low. But, some very smart hackers can do it. A good solution - is not to tell anyone how much do you have.

Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:59:53 AM

Regards!

If someone who wants to hack your bitcoin does intend to take your bitcoin, it will happen. Because hackers are now more advanced if you want to do so. You should be more careful about the people around you. Because in some cases the nearest person is the closest to being the enemy.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:42:26 AM

The private key is made for security, Every code is unique and the possibility of stealing is very small if you are the one who lost your private key or even forgot it, then I think the loss of ignoring or losing it by sharing your private key to someone is the same as actually same. I think it's better to choose to lose with the possibility you can not remember than stolen.

Hackers only target your wallet password and private keys and so if you are reckless or get reckless somehow and loose them through negligence or social engineering then they can steal your bitcoins either than that they cannot steal your coins so i will recommend a hardware wallet  and then you store it together with your private keys on paper in a safe or even at the bank.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:56:08 AM

certainly can. but it is very difficult to hack someone's private key. and it can not be done by an amateur hacker. So, everyone who has been involved in Crypto has understood it highly will every risk that could at any time be faced. and I think the most important point is that our own security should take precedence.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:00:36 AM

99.9% he will fail, that's a lot of combination to encrypt there's no way he can get a lucky combination of private key for a BTC address. atleast not in our time.

I don't have bitcoin yet does not experience stealing.
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:08:59 AM

If you are not careful with your wallet and stuffa then you are bound to get stolen from. But as far as I have known, there was no incident with bitcoin being stolen directly. Only those from wallets and irresponsible owners have experience being stolen from or scammed.
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:15:21 AM

One of the most famous examples of such fraud can be called Onecoin. Users were persuaded that they were buying a real and successful crypto currency when, in fact, no blockage or network of Onecoin miners existed at all.
Griegura

Activity: 279

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:33:31 AM

Fraud on the P2P exchanges, which thrives in the framework of the peer-to-peer exchanges such as LocalBitcoins or Paxful. These p2p exchanges allow users to trade coins between themselves using an external payment system such as PayPal or Bank cards. Unlike Bitcoin, these payment methods allow you to dispute the transaction for various reasons. Scammers usually use such exchanges to clear a hacked PayPal account or Bank card

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:35:53 AM

Regards!

I think no one can steal my Bitcoin. Because I stored Bitcoin in a hard wallet. Unless my house is stolen, i will lose Bitcoin. You should also prepare yourself a hard wallet to prevent hackers.

Th3Program

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:59:10 AM

one way is to buy non-existent goods from unscrupulous contractors. In the cryptosystem there is no refund, the transaction is irreversible. If the seller decides not to send the goods you bought and not to return the money back, you can not do anything. Just become a victim of fraud organized to steal bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: