Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2140 times)
thegreatdodoy

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:04:26 AM

one way is to buy non-existent goods from unscrupulous contractors. In the cryptosystem there is no refund, the transaction is irreversible. If the seller decides not to send the goods you bought and not to return the money back, you can not do anything. Just become a victim of fraud organized to steal bitcoins.

Yes anything can be steal so we should be careful in storing all of our private keys as this is the main tool to access and steal accounts.
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:15:26 AM

Yes it is possible. Because everything related to the computer can be tracked. Examples of multiple currency exchange markets ever hacked and almost all money on money exchange websites have been stolen. So there's nothing impossible for hackers to steal coins in your wallet, my advice is not to save too many coins, sell and exchange with fiat money when prices soar.
wave1002012

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:17:18 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Yes any one can steal your BTC so do not give your private keys to your relatives that you cant trust. you can give it to your family members and you can truly trust.
SangitAlam

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:36:51 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

I dont know the solution , but can imagine the outcome. I would employe Bill Gates to clean my windows
Elai101

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 07:55:29 AM

one way is to buy non-existent goods from unscrupulous contractors. In the cryptosystem there is no refund, the transaction is irreversible. If the seller decides not to send the goods you bought and not to return the money back, you can not do anything. Just become a victim of fraud organized to steal bitcoins.

Yes anything can be steal so we should be careful in storing all of our private keys as this is the main tool to access and steal accounts.
You are right then,BTC have many chances to be steal eventhough it is well  digitally encrypted.Crypto world is risky and we must be very careful. Save your private keys like a gold that nobody can touch.
mdripon

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:04:38 AM

Regards!

You use Bitcoin and you do not keep it safe so that if a hacker can  your BTC may be stolen. You should log out of the account when you are logged out. This will keep your BTC safe. You can also use different safe wallet. And the biggest thing is that hackers can never be given a chance so must be safe.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:05:44 AM

I think you are right, maybe very soon we will have something like that. This is one of the things that is really affecting cryptocurrency. Liable to hacking , losing funds and the likes. For example, a friend of mine did some trials by quessing some number of ETH address and one of the trials gave a whale wallet with so many ether in it. This is just a simple trial, how much more in advanced way. I hope we can get more security in cryptocurrency to keep our wallets and funds safe. This will really boost the crypto space and bring in more investors.
buahkudu

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:09:39 AM

Can someone steal your btc?
possibly can and possibly can not, because of the rapid technological developments, the science of people will increase, what else in the present bitcoin is an investment that much in demand today, so people will always try to steal our btc because the value of 1 btc is enough high.

5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:15:45 AM

It is unlikely that your funds will be stolen due to a brute force attack, there are simply too many different combinations. The most likely method is malware stealing your private keys, or you could get mugged for it in a physical assault.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
gabinsight

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:27:04 AM

That is highly impossible, the numbers and letters are so randomly selected it is highly impossible for a machine to guess the numbers. The probability of an address collision is highly low.
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:28:04 AM

Regards!

The possibility of collision is very here in bitcoin is very low. If the bitcoin system is weak and this collision will always happen then the bitcoin community was lost long time ago. There are a lot of people who are helping together to strengthen the core protocol and make the bitcoin more better.
ninjaeth

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:29:04 AM

It will be a crazy idea to create a software that has to run 2^52 times just to find 1 key. The only way that your Bitcoin will get stollen is when you make your private keys public
gunungkembar

Activity: 575
Merit: 43

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:30:08 AM

I think bitcoin can never be stolen because I see bitcoins have high security and have a very strong engrkipsi that makes the thieves difficult to break into your wallet.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:54:15 AM

Regards!

yes they can steal your btc especially if you stored your btc in an unsafe wallet so becareful when storing your btc stored it in very secured and safe wallet

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:06:53 AM

Lots of people have thought about it and even done the math:

Quote from: odolvlobo
The maximum theoretical probability can be computed. Suppose bitcoins are maximally distributed such that each address holding bitcoins contains only 1 satoshi. There would be 2.1 quadrillion addresses in use (or about 251).

The maximum odds of a collision occurring while distributing the 2.1 quadrillion satoshis is approximately (251)2 / (2 * 2160), or

1 in 259, or 1 in 576460752303423488

That is an incredibly small number.

Once the satoshis are distributed, the odds of generating a single address that is already in use is 251 / 2160, or
1 in 2109, or 1 in 649037107316853453566312041152512

These are the highest possible odds of a collision.

It's far easier to fall victim to malware/virus/hacking/trojan/phishing/etc than it is to brute force a key in that way.  Be mindful of security and you should be fine.
This is mind boggling I must say! The probability presented in the formula simply implies that a collision is almost a 100% impossible. Private keys will remain safe and private as long as we do precautionary measures. Meaning, keep our private keys in a secured/safe storage. There are a number of ways of doing this. It's just a matter of maintaining safe accessibility.

ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:11:15 AM

Yes they can steal your bitcoin if you are careless. You need to be careful in using your account. I heard a lot of people lose their bitcoin because they give their private key to other people, so we must be careful and not giving our account to any person we didnt know.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:19:23 AM

Yes of course somebody could steal your bitcoin if you give your password and private key to others. So be careful not to give even show your private key to others,make it secret,private and safe. It is also possible someone steal your bitcoin if they are a professional hacker or if you click a phishing sites. You know everything is possible in crypto world because we are in a computer generation.

rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:32:07 AM

Regards!

theft can happen but can be avoided and anticipated safer with ourselves be careful to open the site that we do not know for now I change my password regularly
teddyppap

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

Regards!

I think no one can steal my bitcoin unless I do not use my wallet or store it,

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:46:35 AM

Regards!

I think it's hard to create software as you say. with 52 characters, the number of tests is very large, it is difficult to program such a software. I think you could be bitten by bitcoin due to vulnerabilities in the security system. These holes help hackers find your password
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: