Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:51:16 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

I think your opinion is not correct. You will not imagine how many tests you have, you do not have enough time to try these tests, just try several times the system has alarmed, sure you can not continue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

Anybody that has access to your private key. If you are using a paper wallet, according to www.cryptocompare.com someone can steal it from your desk or wallet or wherever you are holding it. And if you have your private key on your computer and someone hacks in and finds it, then they will have the ability accessing to your account as well and can steal your bitcoins.
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:29:58 AM

Regards!

it could happen because of our own negligence usually it happens and maybe just your key code broken by hackers everything can happen if we are not alert
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:30:32 AM

Regards!

I think you what you have stated cannot be happen,  or improbable.  It is for the reason that as you have said, it has 52 characters,  and these 52 characters is very hard to guess.  It will take him nearly billions or even more combinations for him to guess it,  and to make a software to do it,  is very hard.  Also,  if they try it,  I think the security system of bitcoin will detect it because of a malicious activity just lie what facebook have been doing.
goodfortune2018

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:39:43 AM

Regards!

I think everyone of us can be a victims of stealing our bitcoin because there are ramphant hacking of accounts today so we should take extra precaution of our keys to avoid any hacking activity.
aitrading

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 12:12:31 PM

I am sure it's not possible. 52 letters key!
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:14:11 PM

Regards!

They can steal your money, if you are not careful, you will expose the personal information. This is the basis for hackers to steal your money. I do not think it's possible to create a software like you think because of the high bitcoin security.
Ocha Bacoh

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:30:51 PM

can if not alert to the around, many hackers. so the private key store must be confidential not to let anyone know it. and stay alert
Mikejones64

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:42:19 PM

Regards!

Did someone tried open your Facebook and succeeded? if you have 52 letters key in your password, the hacker must try billions/trillion of times before he will succeed. I think by trying thousands of time, a website will automatically block that device or computer for its suspiciously activity. Don't compare it to mining. And if it's possible, I think internet life is not successful since it was started.
IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:42:45 PM

The chances of stealing bitcoin in the way you thought is quite impossible or maybe just not too possible to happen. Bitcoin would not have been trusted by millions of people if your idea works. Of course people would always do something to be evil in some ways but stealing through that method could lead them to a dead end. The security system that was created for Bitcoin could be considered steal-proof because Bitcoin is used for all kinds of transactions; good and bad. So do not be worried about your coins being stolen because they made sure your coins are safe.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

There are many people who can break the wallet that we have, but every wallet has a different private key and consists of many numbers and letters. It seems that hackers already have a pretty sophisticated way to steal our coins in the wallet. They can search for security holes to hack the wallet.
Maikl

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

To steal your bitcoins do not need additional programs, there are a lot of other ways, read a lot here about such cases that people do not carefully follow the links, and popodayut phishing. there are also people (participating in bounty companies) filling out the form (instead of the wallet), sent their private key.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Regards!

What? Thousands of times only? LOL
You should have learned math better in class
Every digit means there are 10 possibility, with 52 digits means the possibility is 10^52, I mean 1 followed by 52 zeros behind it LOL
It is only number, because as far as I know there are alphabet as well in the private key, and even worse there are 26 possibility Grin

Musia

Activity: 518

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:03:22 PM

Regards!

Of course they can, now a lot of divorced or people with developed thinking is in the computer sphere, but also can steal the state of it and your mistake, so you be careful.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

I think it should not be stolen when the security of your wallet has a very high level of security and very difficult to steal, but if you have a wallet that has a very weak security level of course bitcoin you have can be stolen.
nerlial

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:10:25 PM

I can say on this issue. In 99% of cases, the fraudsters steal Bitcoin due to careless storage of their credentials and klyuchey.V present time it is impossible to pick up the key.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:53:01 PM

Yes your BTC can be stolen, you are your own security,there are several strategic way, through which your BTC can be stolen, sure hackers/scammers  can develop software to  get access to your private keys and ultimately be able to stal your BTC. be your own security.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:49:09 PM

Not right now any body steal my any btc but its possible with tricks their are some scams i listen whixh done by hacker's so it's not good sign for anyone infact here some precutions that must be followed and be safe from hackers, and experts must set a good blocker here.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
ttking

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

If somebody wants to steal bitcoin he will do this as there are many ways known to real hackers. I hope that if to keep it in the wallet, it won't be possible to steal BTC or at least to make it maximum difficult
kamengbate553

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:03:59 PM

It has a small percentage of opportunity to steal our Btc, because it contains a very long private key that makes it difficult to steal our bicoins. They will try and thousands of times to hack our account before but they can not sign in on account to steal the bitcoin we have, i feel more comfortable saving money in the form of bitcoin assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: