Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:10:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2142 times)
Sofinard09

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:46:13 AM

yes. if your watchload is insufficient to keep your password and other information safe then don't expect that your btc  may be stolen by other people. especially your private key.
Satin Chan

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

Yes, if you reveal your private key to somebody else or you caught my a fishing site will get your BTC got stolen.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:01:33 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Seriously? Only thousands? Try understanding permutations and then check again how many possibilities a certain private key can be created. By my approximations, I'd say that whatever software they are gonna use is not gonna work or at least the hardware will overheat. It is not worth it to unlock a certain private key if you do not know if that wallet has something on it.  Roll Eyes
PETMALU11

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:08:39 AM

Yes theres many way to steal your btc, And if yoy reveal your privatekey to others , In this world, a lot of smart people and intelligence is used for negative things. So dont give your real account to others to prevent stealing.
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:13:17 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

I do not think it's a weakness of a private key created with a cryptographic algorithm key that is very difficult to solve. The thing that makes your wallet accessible to people is like you open the web phishing and import private key there. I recommend bookmarks always website that becomes your wallet
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:17:35 AM

This happens thousand times, i am also lost my from blockchain.info, it was stolen from 2fa + mail authentication.
P.S If your funds was stolen never use this address

Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:31:46 AM

This happens thousand times, i am also lost my from blockchain.info, it was stolen from 2fa + mail authentication.
P.S If your funds was stolen never use this address

Yes that's true, this is happening already and can be happen at any time soon to anyone's wallet, account phishing is the most common way, so be sure to bookmarked any link that connect to your wallet and install anti spyware to your computer.
zuninholo

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:24:46 AM

Many hackers can be stolen at any time
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

other people can steal bitcoin from a wallet account or a money exchange account that we have if they know our username and password. if they want to hack our wallet it could also happen but it requires a very complicated code because wallet has a very complicated and complex encryption code. all related to the internet and software networks must have a weakness that can be hacked.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
nilavoro

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:03:22 AM

One can hack exchanges and if you coins there, it can be stolen. recently, this happened in a  major Indian exchange called Coinsecure.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:46:35 AM

Everything in this world can be steal and this is possible, right now even wife or husband can be steal thou! If we will not take a good care of what we so called ours this will surely be steal especially if this is valuable. In the case of bitcoin the way of stealing this is on the way of stealing our online wallets. Wallets which are in the online, that we all know in this modern world that everything that in online can be steal by the hackers. So a piece of advice we must choose the strong and trustable wallets of we don’t want our bitcoin to be steal.     
tung06081989

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:59:55 AM

yes,everyting can happen,everything can be hacked,if you don't want lost btc eth or any crypto,you need to know the way protect your money,nobody can protect your money,there are so many the way to protect your acc,with me i creat 2 acc,1 main acc stored 90% my money and I never access this account except when i sell all my money,and 1 acc i use for trading and receive my coin
btcmura

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:01:28 AM

Regards!

It is next to impossible with current resources. But can be possible in future when we have faster and more efficient computers.
hasbihafis

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:07:23 AM

If you want to use your Bitcoin every day, you need a digital version on your phone so you can access it more easily. The only problem is if you lose your phone, then you lose your key, so there will be no way to get your Bitcoin back.
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:09:29 AM

The chances of stealing bitcoin in the way you thought is quite impossible or maybe just not too possible to happen. Bitcoin would not have been trusted by millions of people if your idea works. Of course, people would always do something to be evil in some ways but stealing through that method could lead them to a dead end. The security system that was created for Bitcoin could be considered steal-proof because Bitcoin is used for all kinds of transactions; good and bad. So do not be worried about your coins being stolen because they made sure your coins are safe.

xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:12:49 AM

They can steal your Bitcoin if they are determined hackers but that would take time. They can only take your Bitcoin only if you are careless enough to give them your ways to access your Wallet and that may lead to theft.
Omparkash72
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:35:02 AM

Yes it is possible for Hacker, they can Steel your coin . For this you need to be careful about this , first thing use your PC for any transaction and keep your wallet private key very safe donot share it with anyone. So if any thing happened we himself are responsible for that . In the time of rapidly growing technology we must have to take extra care for everything others wise no way to get back.

costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:38:53 AM

No, not a chance if you truely take care of your  private key or seed, there is no way someone steal your btc. Even if hackers tried to steal your btc or by guessing, it takes thousands times.
Sakhawat169

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:41:28 AM

NO..If you can secured your BTC wallet.Nobody can't steal your btc.Don't share your pin/password with anyone. Smiley Smiley
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

Regards!

That is 52 letters, my friend. The probability that it will finally hit the correct private key will be one in millions of millions. That is highly similar to lottery, only a world more difficult. Remember we have 26 letters. And then you will add to it 10 number characters. That would make it 36. But since the letters are case-sensitive, you will count each letter double. That would total everything 62 characters and you need to choose 52 of it in the right order so as to finally solve it. That would take like 100 million lifetimes to be able to finally succeed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: